Windows 10 Launch Quick Guide: Almost Everything You Need to Get Started

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Anybody get gmail to sync with the mail app yet? I'm getting an error code: 0x80072726

Will check my credentials, but it synced my Google calendar to the calendar app and I only had to enter it once, so I'm assuming that's not the problem, but maybe I missed something.
Just installed Gmail with no issues.

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
Apparently Google Play Music doesn't like Edge. Ether that or Edge just doesn't like me tonight. Let me put in my credentials to sign in, but then just stuck at trying to load.

Same here. Play anything was like that for a while. Even G+ was acting weird....CONSPIRACY XD

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I doubt that's even the issue here. Think back to when Chrome first came out (if you used it back then). There were TONS of sites that didn't work on Chrome. They'd either recommend Firefox or IE. I get the feeling this is a similar issue. It's not that Google's done anything to block Edge, it's that Edge doesn't have something needed in its coding to work on those sites.

People who use Google services aren't going to just not use them so they can use Edge. We're going to use Chrome instead. Even if only for those services.

But Edge was built brand new from the ground up, so it stands to reason that it won't have all of the bits and pieces necessary for everything you may want to do with a browser these days.

Time will tell, but I bet we'll see these kinds of sites working fairly soon.

I didn't try Netflix on it yet. I would assume that'll work since it need Microsoft's Silverlight to function (unless something's changed. I don't watch Netflix on PC almost ever).

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Just finished upgrading. So far looks nice. Haven't dug in too much. But what I need to work has worked well so I'm happy.

sent from #8

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
The only way Windows 10 will accept a product key, (now) is with a retail copy. Once you have your activated Windows 7 and do an in-place upgrade and activate it you can then do a clean install and you won't need a SN. But you need to get past the upgrade process for that to happen.

That's the kicker. It won't recognize my Win7 Home Premium nor my Professional version when I install Win7 from scratch to try to get to the upgrading process.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Going to take getting used to and tweaking settings (maybe I'm getting old, but I REALLY don't want to do/need more than to point at a shortcut and click to launch).

Plus the upgrade broke my internet...had to go into advanced settings to turn off proxy server (which MS recommended I have enabled).

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
I support nearly 600 computers for a lot of different companies, (90% on Windows 7 Pro), and I'm flabbergasted at the lack of interest from all but a handful of those. Maybe 3 customers out of around 50. And here I thought this would be a really busy week for me. That's what I get for thinking. ;)

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I support nearly 600 computers for a lot of different companies, (90% on Windows 7 Pro), and I'm flabbergasted at the lack of interest from all but a handful of those. Maybe 3 customers out of around 50. And here I thought this would be a really busy week for me. That's what I get for thinking. ;)
Too many articles about the little bugs telling folks they should wait a bit? Or maybe the fact that the average person probably didn't even know 10 was coming out this week? Haha

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Too many articles about the little bugs telling folks they should wait a bit? Or maybe the fact that the average person probably didn't even know 10 was coming out this week? Haha

Yeah, not many corporate types would want to roll that update in the first few days...they'll wait months.

I updated my work laptop, and ONLY because I have another computer to use if I had issues and ONLY because the laptop I upgraded was having issues (still is...will probably factory reset, then upgrade to Windows 10, THEN do a clean install of Win10).

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I wonder if the average user, such as myself, that is only half informed but has heard of the Vista fiasco then the Windows 8 that tried to morph the desktop into a mobile phone running the same os and having to learn things all over again, like every major update to Office? Just when I find it where the "print" option is MS changes the whole bloody system again. Perhaps they're thinking "I'm fine with 7, leave me alone. I've got work to get done and don't have time to schedule a class to relearn how to copy and paste"?

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
One of the main reasons I wanted to upgrade is I love me some "widgets", and MS killed the gadgets sidebar in Win7 a while ago because of security issues (though one of my widgets continued to work).

Otherwise, I absolutely would have stuck with Win7. But I have a few older computers, one which I plan to use as a media center...so eventually I would have had to take advantage of the free upgrade. Going to have to learn Win10 on a new laptop, so might as well start adapting now.