Windows 10 Launch Quick Guide: Almost Everything You Need to Get Started

Gremlin

Reaction score
Used a program called AltDesk from Astonshell. It was a program worth the money..

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I remember using litestep for a few years... all kinds of awesome features... and yet still windows XP.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Used a program called AltDesk from Astonshell. It was a program worth the money..

I had AstonShell as well. It was great. I used WindowsBlinds for a while too.

The good old days!

bmwnick

Reaction score
Have you tried installing win 7 first? If it allows your current key, Win 10 will install seamlessly. I used the MS Install Tool.
This seems to be my only option my bd-rom is broke so that sucks but HP is sending me a new drive so just have to wait a few more days, because I only have discs for 7 not usb. I'll post after the drive comes and I try installing 7 then 10 directly.

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Windows 10 is a good upgrade but i cant resize the start menu horizontally yet might be a bug. My background picture came up upside down after upgrade. Games like warcraft and minecraft. Seem to run slower dint like the interface of edge but for like the draw feature which they should put in ie and dump edge and fix ie to be fast. Edge doesn't use the favorites folder for shortcuts like ie so it just lets you import ie shortcuts without the ability to sync them. I love cortana voice control but she needs to learn siri type jokes. I like the new start menu but still needs more customization options. Windows needs an xpmode for legacy programs people will never give up. Android needs a goid forum for windows 10 news tips and gripes so this thread is a good start. :)

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
So Windows won't recognize any of my product keys.

I started with a clean install of Win10, rolled back to Win7 thinking I had to do an upgrade to Win 10 from Win7 before clean installing afterwards. Neither my Home Premium nor my Win 7 Professional key are being accepted.. I'm going to have to bite the bullet and call them. That should be fun.

If they try to make me pay again I will ditch Windows forever and grind through OSX.

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Microsoft has a build an iso to upgrade and clean install
Windows 10 ISO

I think if you clean install it probably does a trial until you enter your upgraded key. But useful to have if you upgrade 7 or 8 and upgrade your key. It also lets you upgrade immediately without waiting for tray icon or windows update.

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
why do people call this a mac feature... I had virtual desktops enabled in Windows xp back in 2003 LONG before Mac introduced it in 2007.

it's a Unix thing if anything.

Virtual desktop - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

glad to see its baked in finally

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

I was just saying that's where I personally used it as I have never even touched Unix. Maybe a better way I should've said it is: This is a feature I used a lot on my Mac. Of course, I only use my Mac for work and nothing else. Never even knew XP had it to be honest. That's interesting to know. I'm actually glad they brought it as a main feature to outshine Macs.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I was just saying that's where I personally used it as I have never even touched Unix. Maybe a better way I should've said it is: This is a feature I used a lot on my Mac. Of course, I only use my Mac for work and nothing else. Never even knew XP had it to be honest. That's interesting to know. I'm actually glad they brought it as a main feature to outshine Macs.
That's funny. Dunno if it still is, but I believe the Mac OS was built off of UNIX at one point. So is Linux, which android is built on.

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2

I started with a clean install of Win10, rolled back to Win7 thinking I had to do an upgrade to Win 10 from Win7 before clean installing afterwards. Neither my Home Premium nor my Win 7 Professional key are being accepted.. I'm going to have to bite the bullet and call them. That should be fun.

If they try to make me pay again I will ditch Windows forever and grind through OSX.

What error message are you getting or is this happening during Setup? Cause I hear if you do a clean install and it isn't recognized there is a known error code (Googling...) Activation Error: 0XC004E003. We have all been advised to wait by MS.

How to Activate and resolve common Product key issues in Windows 10 - Microsoft Community

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Apparently Google Play Music doesn't like Edge. Ether that or Edge just doesn't like me tonight. Let me put in my credentials to sign in, but then just stuck at trying to load.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score

The only way Windows 10 will accept a product key, (now) is with a retail copy. Once you have your activated Windows 7 and do an in-place upgrade and activate it you can then do a clean install and you won't need a SN. But you need to get past the upgrade process for that to happen.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Anybody get gmail to sync with the mail app yet? I'm getting an error code: 0x80072726

Will check my credentials, but it synced my Google calendar to the calendar app and I only had to enter it once, so I'm assuming that's not the problem, but maybe I missed something.