Cortana Will Eventually Bring Android Notifications Directly to Your Windows 10 PC

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Cortana-for-android.jpg

Here's another great example of Microsoft planning on creating cross-platform compatibility which will be handy for many of us. During their developer's conference today, Microsoft detailed their intentions to make Cortana capable of bringing your Android notifications to your Windows 10 PC. It will likely also be exclusive to Android devices at first, and will not likely come to iOS devices. Here's a quote with a few more details,

"Cortana for Android will build up a user notifications store in the cloud, allowing the notifications to mirror onto a Windows 10 PC. The software maker is also planning to allow you to dismiss notifications on an Android phone from a PC. Naturally, this functionality will work for Windows 10 Mobile devices too, but Microsoft won't be bringing this to the iPhone. That's largely because iOS is a lot more restricted, and Microsoft's Cortana app would not have the access required to interact with notifications and respond to messages. Microsoft is planning to bring this notification support to a "future version of Windows," so it's likely this will arrive with the Anniversary Update to Windows 10 this summer." ~ the Verge

What do you folks think? Will this be a handy feature? Is Microsoft working themselves out of their own Windows 10 Phones?

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
It would be nice if Cortana was actually useful on Android before they started setting it up to do other things across various platforms.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
It would be nice if Cortana was actually useful on Android before they started setting it up to do other things across various platforms.

It would be nice if Cortana actually worked! I have a new Windows 10 PC, but Cortana voice commands are so sketchy - well, basically don't really work, at all - except for a few models closely designed with MS input.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
It would be nice if Cortana actually worked! I have a new Windows 10 PC, but Cortana voice commands are so sketchy - well, basically don't really work, at all - except for a few models closely designed with MS input.
I have a year and a half old Dell XPS 12 and Cortana works darn near perfect. Rarely does she not fetch things, but she's just as good if not better than Siri

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
I was skeptical about this because of what today is, but this is awesome. Here is the video they are referencing which was absent in the article (not sure why or maybe I missed it).