Will a Siri like app come to android?

loki993

Reaction score
was kinda looking for the Voice actions one or the Jeannie one, I clicked the ling from this thread but it says its not compatible with my phones. I have a D2. I wonder why.

marleyinoc

Reaction score
I haven't tried it yet but I have seen this one mentioned around the web Speak To It

[video=youtube;myE498nyfGw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=myE498nyfGw#![/video]

I like speaktoit and if they threw same dev team/money to it that Apple did it would already be Siri.ously awesome.

That said I just don't really need it. Out of it all I did disfover voice search will send audio and text if I leave myself a note. That I will use and have added shortcut back to my homescreen for it. I can never find pen for model numbers and similar stuff when at work.

via DroidForums on a Bionic running Liberty RC1

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I got speaktoit a few days ago and it's not a slick as the video shows. Actually the best thing about it is that you can change the appearance of that girl in a ton of different ways. What she's wearing, lip size, eyes, etc...

Now my avatar is HOT.

I like speaktoit and if they threw same dev team/money to it that Apple did it would already be Siri.ously awesome.

That said I just don't really need it. Out of it all I did disfover voice search will send audio and text if I leave myself a note. That I will use and have added shortcut back to my homescreen for it. I can never find pen for model numbers and similar stuff when at work.

via DroidForums on a Bionic running Liberty RC1

wendee2150

Reaction score
I can't seem to find this app in the market? Voice actions :( I also tryed searching pannous

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

I believe it is now called Jeanne (or Jeannie) instead of Voice Actions.

Wendy

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

billyk

Reaction score
Been using Voice Actions Plus for a couple of weeks now and I like it. Like most Android users, I've been using voice commands for a while, particularly in situations where it really benefits me - like when I am driving. Voice Actions Plus can very reliably send texts as I am driving without taking my eyes off the road, my hands off the wheel and with no more distraction than talking to someone that's sitting in my car.

Overall though, I think that voice commands have limited real-life value for me beyond texting while driving, b/c:
- I won't speak private messages out loud to my phone at work, or at home around my family, or in any public area - it appears way too self-absorbed and wonky to me. Plus, my kids (who are very technologically advanced!) endlessly goofed on me for it - had to stop!
- Noisy environments can/will preclude any voice recognition
- Anyone speaking within earshot of the phone can/will confound voice recognition
- Despite how good voice recognition has gotten, it can range from slightly off to wildly innaccurate - usually humorously so.
- Also, ever notice how focused and time-consuming your interactions with your phone actually are when you are using voice commands? I often wonder if it's just easier to key that crap in - seems to use way less cognitive cycles for me.

Given all this, it really makes Apple's marketing of Siri look kinda foolish and misleading for those with no real experience using voice commands.

lotzakritters

Reaction score
I am useing voice actions also. I like how you can tell it to launch most app on you phone. Turn on and off wifi, etc. Works with most functions on your phone.
I give it a thumbs up

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

wingzofsteel

Reaction score
Well I with you about voice actions. I named my assistant Moon Pie. She is a clever girl. She just reminded me to put my wings in the oven, so I guess I had better get moving.