Will a Siri like app come to android?

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Funny thing is iPhone just got it and we have had it for a year. But they are probably pushing it on the iPhone because they have to pay 8 bucks for it when we get it for free. Got to love Android.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

you do realize the iPhone has had Vlingo and other voice command apps for a long time too??? It's not like this is the first time they have it, Siri is just a supped up one. It does quite a bit more than anyone likes to give it credit for.

portermac

Reaction score
This app is not like vlingo or voice search it us like siri. They have not had anything like this until they got voice actions. Try vlingo or any other app and see if you can have a conversation with it.
My buddy paid the 8 bucks to get voice actions on his iPhone and loves it because there is nothing else like it for iPhone.also, I heard only the iPhone 4s will be able to have siri. It won't be in the Apple market. Probably to try and sell more of that phone.

Roc_Droid

Reaction score
And I'm looking forward to more capabilities as the upgrades make it much more integrated into your existing apps. And then, Gladys will rule the world!!!

billyk

Reaction score
Been using Voice Actions Plus for a few days now. It has real utility for me when driving for totally hands and eyes-free texting. Very nice.

The app is still rather rough, unstable and unpredictable, but it does reliably do the text thang, so I am good with it. I wrote the developers adn they responded very quickly, but rather oddly. After paying for the app I made a common-sense functional suggestion and the response was something like "find 20 more users that want that function and we'll implement it". On one hand that's encouraging, but frankly, especially after buying an app, I really don't feel responsible for their new function/defect tracking. Maybe that's what they are paid for?

portermac

Reaction score
Yeah good one. The alarm is annoying. I will mention that with a few others.
I'd say they don't want to waste their time unless it is worth it for them.makes since because they already have a lot to work on.
Texting does work great.

sd4life

Reaction score
Is anybody using the Voice Calendar app? I had no clue Market had something like until I saw the stuff the iPhone. I did a quick search of that and found they had a trial version. I'm going to try and before buying it.

xmguy

Reaction score
I use a free app called Assistant. It's fairly intuitive. But I don't care if it's like Siri or not. Still very strange carrying on a conversation with my phone.

steeletown

Reaction score
Amazing app just downloaded it today love it.

Roc_Droid

Reaction score
I haven't tried Speaktoit or Iris but I am amazed at what Voice Actions (or Jeannie) comes up with. I'm sure the developers are just scratching the surface with what it can do. I'm hoping soon to be able to specify the app I want it to use for certain actions, have it more integrated with my calendar and increase its accuracy. I love the fact that I don't have to touch the screen at all to interact with it once it's open butit picks up any noise in the background which can cause inaccurate results. But Gladys is always entertaining so she'll be with me for a long time!