Will a Siri like app come to android?

OhSteelerfan

Reaction score
I know android has google search and vlingo but they are not the same as siri. How long do you think it will be before android has it?

portermac

Reaction score
Voice actions in the market is just like it and we have had it for a year. It is ready nice but don't know how much people will use it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

dgbullfrog

Reaction score
I use it a lot. I say Listen to The Doors and it plays the Doors. I say map brew pubs and it shows me a map of the brew pubs near me. I say note to self Oregon brewers festival next weekend and it sends email to my gmail with that message, and I have a filter on gmail that forwards to Toodledo which creates a task on my to do list. I say navigate to 123 main st and it brings up google map navigation to that address. I say text to Mary I love you and it creates a text to my wife. I say email to 'my boss' I am stuck in traffic will be in office in thirty minutes and it creates am email to my boss

Now I give Apple some credit for taking it to the next level with Siri, but like a lot of what Apple just announced already exists to some degree in Android world. I am sure google will up the ante. Isn't competition great.

portermac

Reaction score
On voice actions she is a smart lady. Ask her what is best iPhone or Android. Also a good one is how much wood could a wood chuck chuck.
I can also say, remind me in 1 hour to take out the trash or what ever. And she can remember. Just ask her to. Can't wait to see the competition between siri and voice actions.

OP
O

OhSteelerfan

Reaction score
I just dl voice actions from pannous and seem to like it better than vlingo. It does not seem as intuitive as siri. I use poweramp as my mp3 player and when I say play a song it will not let me choose it as a default. Only gives me youtube, slacker and pandora as options. Also is there a way to change the voice? Thanks.[h=3][/h]

portermac

Reaction score
There is an app that has choice of voices for 2.99 each. Its in the description of voice action, can't think of the name. Also make sure you read in menu all the right ways to take to her, it makes a big difference. Great for texting and emails.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69

Anathema

Reaction score
I am still confused as why everybody has been talking about siri like it's groundbreaking...this is ancient technology.

portermac

Reaction score
That's what they do best. Its the same thing with the pull down notification. My friend had to show it off to me when he got a new update on his iPhone like

TWO MONTHS AGO. HAHA

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I haven't tried it yet but I have seen this one mentioned around the web Speak To It

[video=youtube;myE498nyfGw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=myE498nyfGw#![/video]

portermac

Reaction score
I've tried it. I like the set up but its not near as good as voice actions yet.
One good thing I've noticed is I've had choice actions for two Weeks not and have already had two or three updates. They are getting ready to compete with siri and they are definitely on a mission.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
...I just don't talk to my phone out loud like that, I like to keep all of my voices in my head where they belong :music:

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I haven't tried it yet but I have seen this one mentioned around the web Speak To It

[video=youtube;myE498nyfGw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=myE498nyfGw#![/video]

Thanks for this post. I saw this mentioned but never looked into it. See....already the competition is at work. And I found out Siri was an app that Apple bought and integrated into iOS. So I say good job for Apple for buying it. So maybe one day Google will by this or Vlingo and integrate it into Android. Or if the apps continue to improve that would be great.