What give now 1 click root doesnt work??

add119

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
To many look at my signature.
Since frf 22d update came to my phone now my root isnt work???? It was working before on android 2.2 os code frf 01b. Why cant i use root access anymore help?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
It appears that the update negated your root. Did you use easy root?

drpaul07

Reaction score
I'm guessing you mean frG01b and frG22d? Well none of the 1 click root methods work as of yet for the 22d builds. There are other ways to root your phone, they're just a little longer and more complicated than one click (still not terribly complicated though). Maybe someone can post you a link on how to root since I'm not sure where those links are cuz I've been rooted for a while.

Actually, search 'rooting droid regardless of OS version' on the forum. That should get you started. Sorry typing from my phone so can't post the link.

Sent from my Droid

OP
add119

add119

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
No it was universal androot app. I think verizon block root from this app. It was working at first froyo update from august 3rd FRF01. Now the second update which is FRF22D doesnt allow me to root. I hate verizon sometime now my kernal from 1.3 ghz is back to 550/600 mhz ugh! I miss my rooted phone!

infinity8x3

Reaction score
Unfortunately, that what happens when you rely on one click easy solutions.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Set the record straight, Tank! :icon_ peace:

infinity8x3

Reaction score
Op should just install a custom recovery and be done with it. So you wont have to worry about them pesky OTA updates breaking your root.

Otherwise you will just continue to play the cat and mouse game.

Besides I fail to see the value of having root if you don't have a custom recovery. The phone is still not truly unlocked with out it.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm curious about "So you wont have to worry about them pesky OTA updates breaking your root."

I rooted in February. I've switched roms but not a stock rom. I've never received an OTA notification. Recently, I've read numerous posts from folks who say they are rooted yet they receive the OTA notification.

I'm value thoughts on why I've not received an OTA but others do.

Mike

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm curious about "So you wont have to worry about them pesky OTA updates breaking your root."

I rooted in February. I've switched roms but not a stock rom. I've never received an OTA notification. Recently, I've read numerous posts from folks who say they are rooted yet they receive the OTA notification.

I'm value thoughts on why I've not received an OTA but others do.

Mike

Mike, don't you run sapphire? I am sure that cvpcs has implemented a way to disable OTA updates, as I have not heard one user having problems with the OTA notification appearing.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes, I have Sapphire. Sorry if I miscommunicated. I've never received an OTA notification but I seen lots of posts from folks who claim to be rooted who receive the OTA notification.

You on Gtalk?

OP
add119

add119

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Thanks you guys but i hate the long root method. I like the easy one sorry the long one is too complicated , I was so surprise that i flashed roms as that was a little confusing too.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks you guys but i hate the long root method. I like the easy one sorry the long one is too complicated , I was so surprise that i flashed roms as that was a little confusing too.

In all honesty, and not trying to be mean, just saying the truth, if the long method is "too complicated", then you probably shouldn't be rooted. The "long method" is the only sure fire way to fix a phone, unless you have a corrupt bootloader or hardware failure, which both are VERY hard...