Droid 1 won't root???

Reaction score
So I flashed back to 2.1 and ran through all of the OTA updates. I then tried to one click root and it said it finished but I had no Superuser. I then went to the market and downloaded superuser. No go. So I figure I'll try the busybox installer and see what it says. It tells me it failed to get root access. Now I'm getting frustrated. I download Z4root and run it. It acts as if it completes but I still have no root. What the heck is going on??? Can anybody help me get this thing going again. I have rooted it many times before, I've rooted my Droid X and my current Droid Bionic yet this little guy just doesn't want to do it. Help me please?!?

ufcfan72

Reaction score
So I flashed back to 2.1 and ran through all of the OTA updates. I then tried to one click root and it said it finished but I had no Superuser. I then went to the market and downloaded superuser. No go. So I figure I'll try the busybox installer and see what it says. It tells me it failed to get root access. Now I'm getting frustrated. I download Z4root and run it. It acts as if it completes but I still have no root. What the heck is going on??? Can anybody help me get this thing going again. I have rooted it many times before, I've rooted my Droid X and my current Droid Bionic yet this little guy just doesn't want to do it. Help me please?!?

Here's a copy of universal androot. I used it yesterday to root a coworker's phone
http://db.tt/SFaTz9VC

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

OP
D
Reaction score
That appears to be a negative sir. Still no root access after running androot. I'm lost as to what's going on here.

sjackson007

Reaction score
I just did the same today. I rerooted with superoneclick from xda. The first time I tried it, it was a no go. I had to reinstall the moto drivers and it worked. I also had some trouble flashing clockwork mod as well. It eventually worked out though. Oh and I I rooted from 2.2.2

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
D
Reaction score
I am also running 2.2.2. I tried the SuperOneClick method and it said it succeeded yet wouldn't allow root access. But I do know that after the SBF it didn't ask me to reactivate the device. I thought that was kind of fishy.

OP
D
Reaction score
So I found the issue. I missed the fact that the OneClickRoot I was using was for Gingerbread. Switched to SuperOneClick and it seems the problem is solved. Thank you all.