MotoDroid 1 Previously Rooted But Now Not?

mr_silent

Reaction score
Okay, my apologies again for the earlier post, but after some research I've found something here that may be a solution:
http://www.google.com/reader/m/view...fault?c=CNLI0dbooqMC&i=569110915521467448&n=1
Also check out some of these files, if your rooted, you'll need the odexed zip files.
http://www.peteralfonso.com/p/downloads.html
Notice the ESE81 for sprecovery, you may be able to unroot once you flash this. If so then go to the about phone and see if you can get the ota update back onto FRG01B. I sincerely hope this works for you. Also I've used the frg83D odexed zip before while rooted with custom recovery and it worked with no problems at all. However I'm not sure you'll be able to get the ota update via this method but its pretty much exactly the same as the official release.
Not sure why you want an official firmware but I suspect that you are trying to maintain your warranty, correct?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Everyone:

DO NOT FLASH ESE81_RECOVERY_ONLY

This will further bork your phone if it already has froyo on it.

BAD2RAD:

RSD sees the phone so thats good.

You need to put the sbf in a shorter directory or just in C:\

Good luck.

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Everyone:

DO NOT FLASH ESE81_RECOVERY_ONLY

This will further bork your phone if it already has froyo on it.

BAD2RAD:

RSD sees the phone so thats good.

You need to put the sbf in a shorter directory or just in C:\

Good luck.

+1^^^this!!

Okay, my apologies again for the earlier post, but after some research I've found something here that may be a solution:
Google Reader
Also check out some of these files, if your rooted, you'll need the odexed zip files.
Peter Alfonso
Notice the ESE81 for sprecovery, you may be able to unroot once you flash this. If so then go to the about phone and see if you can get the ota update back onto FRG01B. I sincerely hope this works for you. Also I've used the frg83D odexed zip before while rooted with custom recovery and it worked with no problems at all. However I'm not sure you'll be able to get the ota update via this method but its pretty much exactly the same as the official release.
Not sure why you want an official firmware but I suspect that you are trying to maintain your warranty, correct?
Again, I must warn against this path, as guidot pointed out. And BAD2RAD is not having any troubles with updating, his/her phone already has the latest OTA update installed and now wants to reroot the phone. There is just having a problem getting RSD Lite to 'start' the flash of the proper .sbf file.

The SPRecovery_ESE81.sbf file will ALMOST brick the phone, and will in no way help in unrooting it and should NOT be used on any phone NOT showing ESE81 in menu -> settings -> about phone.

OP
BAD2RAD

BAD2RAD

Reaction score
Ok I put the sbf directly into C:\ ... still start button isnt working ... i have even uninstalled and reinstalled RSD Lite ... restarted computer ... i am not available to uninstall and reinstall Super User either ... its grayed out in applications under settings ... said uninstall not successful if i try to do it thru Applanet ... my uninstaller doesnt even see the app on my phone at all ... nothing seems to be working ...

and for future reference ... i am a guy ^_^

mr_silent

Reaction score
How is flashing an earlier firmware gonna "almost brick the phone".?If he does this using the rsd lite files on petes site, he can root while on 2.1 with a one click root application. Then using the other odexed.zip via custom recovery to get back on 2.2.1.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
That ESE81 file puts a 2.01 kernel on a 2.2+ device.

This will result in the battery not charging and not booting into anything. It will then need the full frg22d sbf file which will wipe everything.

Completely going backwards.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
BAD2RAD, have you tried renaming the file? like "MC1.sbf"

mr_silent

Reaction score
So your saying you can't flash eclair kernels if you already flashed a froyo one?

OP
BAD2RAD

BAD2RAD

Reaction score
Ok I was able to click start now that I renamed it but now it fails immediately. Here's a screen shot. I did close RSD Lite and reopened and tried again and same thing happened. Anymore ideas?

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So your saying you can't flash eclair kernels if you already flashed a froyo one?

I am saying that. If that SBF was built without a kernel, it would work fine. Motocache's SBF is perfect, because he eliminated everything but the recovery. It doesn't touch any other part of the phone. It doesn't wipe data, it doesn't change the kernel.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Your phone is in bootloader correct?

When did you restart your computer last?

(I'm not being an ass, I'm just trying to go over everything)

Lemme do a quick google.

OP
BAD2RAD

BAD2RAD

Reaction score
Yes in the bootloader

Yesterday when I was trying all of this is when I last restarted, I can try that again if needed tho.

OP
BAD2RAD

BAD2RAD

Reaction score
Yes I got it rooted and its asking for super user access and all ... i appreciate everyone's help ... wireless tether app working and all ^_^