VZW Rep/General Account Questions only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
But if you have unlimited data on a multimedia- feature phone then you have to choose a tiered data plan if upgrading to a smart phone (ie. Droid), correct?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

Correct. Verizon didn't tell my family this when we called them and added unlimited data to our feature phones before July 7 so now we're stuck with tiered data if we upgrade to smartphones.

Last edited:

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Arkbird, I would call Verizon and explain that the only reason you added unlimited data at that time was to make sure you were grandfathered in... and explain that you were not informed that unlimited on the feature phones would not grandfather you in on a smart phone. See if they will give you the unlimited on the smart phones. Verizon had always been very good at making things right any time I have had a problem.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
It is worth a try. If you argue that the only reason you got the data plan was bc you wanted unlimited when you bought your smart phones, then they may give you the unlimited. Let them know that you would have done things completely differently if you were told that it had to be data on a smart phone and that if you had Ben informed of that you either would not have got the unlimited plan at that time out that you would have gotten your smart phones at that time. It would be the fair decent thing for Verizon to do, especially if you were told that the unlimited plan would apply after July 7th.

I have had Verizon from the beginning back when it was Bell Atlantic and the reason I have always stuck with them is that their customer service had been excellent and they were always very fair in fixing problems.

It makes no sense to me that they make a distinction between data on a feature phone and data on a smart phone... they both cost the same thing.

Best of luck.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah good point. We've had Verizon since 2003 so hopefully that will mean something to them. They were the ones to tell us that if we got unlimited for a feature phones, we would be able to keep it when we upgraded to smart phones.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Yeah good point. We've had Verizon since 2003 so hopefully that will mean something to them. They were the ones to tell us that if we got unlimited for a feature phones, we would be able to keep it when we upgraded to smart phones.

Yes, it makes a huge difference that you have been with them for years. And let them know that the reason you have suck with them all these years is bc you appreciate their customer service.

Then tell Verizon that they should honor what you were told and that if you were given correct information that you would have gotten smart phones at that time to ensure you would have the unlimited data or you simply would have waited to get data when you got your smart phones instead of getting the unlimited data at that time.

For Verizon to make it right, they should either refund you for your months on unlimited data bc getting it didn't serve your reason for getting it (being grandfathered in on smart phone data) or they should allow you unlimited data on your smart phones.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I apologize if this has been asked before, but i'm not about to spent 2 hours reading this thread. Im thinking about buying a craigslist thunderbolt and am wondering a couple of things. I currently have the OG D1 and since its only 3g and the thunderbolt is 4g, does this mean im going to need to buy a different plan? And since id be buying the thunderbolt outright i wouldn't need to use an upgrade right? Also if the thunderbolt quit working, would i still be able to use the warranty on it at verizon since i didnt buy it from them?

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I apologize if this has been asked before, but i'm not about to spent 2 hours reading this thread. Im thinking about buying a craigslist thunderbolt and am wondering a couple of things. I currently have the OG D1 and since its only 3g and the thunderbolt is 4g, does this mean im going to need to buy a different plan? And since id be buying the thunderbolt outright i wouldn't need to use an upgrade right? Also if the thunderbolt quit working, would i still be able to use the warranty on it at verizon since i didnt buy it from them?

Well I can verify for you that the plan and pricing will remein the same since I bought a TBolt from ebay and replaced my D1 with it thus saving my upgrade for possibly the Bionic or another...
And I doubt VZW would honor a warranty of a Bolt that had traded hands, but I could be proven wrong if the guy you're buying the Bolt on Craig's list from has only had that phone for a few months and thus VZW would still honor the warranty for the full year despite who ended up with the TBolt during that year...possible

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
What about the one year manufacturers warranty? Also vatothe0, hate to be random, but what is your avatar pic?

vatothe0

Reaction score
What about the one year manufacturers warranty? Also vatothe0, hate to be random, but what is your avatar pic?

That's what I'm talking about. The manufacturer provides a 12 month warranty to the original purchaser.

The avatar is just a drawing from the internet.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes, it makes a huge difference that you have been with them for years. And let them know that the reason you have suck with them all these years is bc you appreciate their customer service.

Then tell Verizon that they should honor what you were told and that if you were given correct information that you would have gotten smart phones at that time to ensure you would have the unlimited data or you simply would have waited to get data when you got your smart phones instead of getting the unlimited data at that time.

For Verizon to make it right, they should either refund you for your months on unlimited data bc getting it didn't serve your reason for getting it (being grandfathered in on smart phone data) or they should allow you unlimited data on your smart phones.

Got the unlimited plan dancedroid

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I love Verizon... they are good at making things right! At least in my experience.

VZW_CS

Reaction score
Can I still get this deal on the Bionic I purchased on the 8th? I signed another 2 year contract.Verizon Wireless: $100 gift card w/ smartphone purchase and trade-in
Hello DRILLINDK! To clarify the $100 Gift Card promotion, this was a promotion to existing customers who upgrade from a Basic phone to a Smartphone. The Basic phone must have been active on the line for at least 30 days prior to the upgrade. If this were the case, you should've received a redemption email the following business day after purchase with a promotion code to submit for trade-in. I trust I have provided you with details of the $100 Gift Card promotion so you can verify your eligibility.Thanks for posting! ^AT VZW_CS Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

Status
Not open for further replies.