VZW Rep/General Account Questions only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

brucin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola X Pure
I have the Droid 1 and my 2 year contract has switched to month to month. According to my account statement from Verizon I still have unlimited data. I know if i sign another 2 year contract i will have to switch to a tiered plan but what if I bought a Droid Bionic at full retail and just activated it on my account? Would I still have my unlimited data?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I am not 100% sure but I think that, even though you are now month to month, you can use your new every two and it will continue on the contract with unlimited data the same as what your previous contract was. I know that there are many times I have gotten a new phone when I was beyond my contract and I just continued the contract I previously had.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

Mr.Dorsey3157

Reaction score
My phone was hotlined because of 30 dollars from a bill in March. My question is how is this possible when I pay what's on the monthly bill. How is it possible to have not paid this 30 dollars over the last 6 months and just now hear about cos they tried to terminate service. Also is there anyway to have the hotline incident removed because i don't believe that its my fault. Now I can't charge equipment to my account and it sucks. Thank you for your time.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

googlelover

Reaction score
I have the Droid 1 and my 2 year contract has switched to month to month. According to my account statement from Verizon I still have unlimited data. I know if i sign another 2 year contract i will have to switch to a tiered plan but what if I bought a Droid Bionic at full retail and just activated it on my account? Would I still have my unlimited data?
You are grandfathered in, if you upgrade you will keep your unlimited data, the new contract does not force those with the unlimited data into tiered so you are fine with upgrading.

skatenikes

Reaction score
Hi, I don't know if this question has been answered yet but there's a lot to sort through -__- but my question is how do i go about checking if a device has a bad esn. i saw a phone on Craigslist but as many people know like eBay not everybody can be trusted. Just wanted to know if there is a quick fire way to check if the esn is bad before i make this purchase.

gsu_golfer

Reaction score
Hi, I don't know if this question has been answered yet but there's a lot to sort through -__- but my question is how do i go about checking if a device has a bad esn. i saw a phone on Craigslist but as many people know like eBay not everybody can be trusted. Just wanted to know if there is a quick fire way to check if the esn is bad before i make this purchase.

Call vzw

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk

rhindon

Reaction score
You are grandfathered in, if you upgrade you will keep your unlimited data, the new contract does not force those with the unlimited data into tiered so you are fine with upgrading.

I am considering upgrading to a 4G phone when my New Every Two comes up in April of 2012. Will I still be able to keep my unlimited data plan? I've had it for a long time. I ask because when I played around with upgrade on my account site, it looked like it wouldn't be compatible with the 4G plans

Last edited:

googlelover

Reaction score
I am considering upgrading to a 4G phone when my New Every Two comes up in April of 2012. Will I still be able to keep my unlimited data plan? I've had it for a long time. I ask because when I played around with upgrade on my account site, it looked like it wouldn't be compatible with the 4G plans
You will keep unlimited data as long as you don't go to a feature phone, so yes even if you go to 4G its still unlimited.
Edit: btw there is no such thing as a 3G or 4G plan, its just the smartphone data plan.

Last edited:

harpua

Reaction score
You will keep unlimited data as long as you don't go to a feature phone, so yes even if you go to 4G its still unlimited.
Edit: btw there is no such thing as a 3G or 4G plan, its just the smartphone data plan.

so, I imagine my galaxy nexus is a "feature phone" and my unlimited data will no longer be eligible upgrading from my O.G. droid?

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
so, I imagine my galaxy nexus is a "feature phone" and my unlimited data will no longer be eligible upgrading from my O.G. droid?
A feature phone is a way of saying "Dumbphone" which is different from a "Smartphone." Dumbphones have different plans than smartphones do. Smartphone data plan includes 4g as well as 3g. Nexus is a smartphone, so youll keep unlimited data smartphone plan.
IMO i like saying dumbphone instead of feature phone but i guess i like to keep it simple.

Last edited:

googlelover

Reaction score
A feature phone is a way of saying "Dumbphone" which is different from a "Smartphone." Dumbphones have different plans than smartphones do. Smartphone data plan includes 4g as well as 3g. Nexus is a smartphone, so youll keep unlimited data smartphone plan.
IMO i like saying dumbphone instead of feature phone but i guess i like to keep it simple.
Well feature phone is the technical name for dumbphone, and yes hes correct.

harpua

Reaction score
Excellente!! thanks! i didn't even know they still make "feature" phones. i've been phone nerding for years. dumbphones is a perfect name because that is what they are.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well feature phone is the technical name for dumbphone, and yes hes correct.
More like featureless phone.:biggrin: And i say keep it simple because the name feature phone really doesnt describe it. i guess you could say feature phone means 1 feature and thats calling? lol, which isnt true, in my mind i think a phone can be a smartphone which is like a computer and has all the services available... or you can have a dumbphone which is just that, dumb, it doesnt really have that many features/services available. Smartbomb and dumbbomb also are popularized terms which also use this naming principle. The word feature is open to interpretation. If i was the early on guy that named things in VZ such as a feature phone i could have easily named a smartphone a feature phone becuase it has all the features. The word dumb...well i think speaks for itself. ;)

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
You'll just sign a new contract i think. You can keep your current alltel one til you upgrade stuff to your plan. Im no employee for VZ though, but thats what i think.

Status
Not open for further replies.