Verizon Tech here - ask away!

Status
Not open for further replies.

uncarich

Reaction score
911 method

In manual it says to dial 911 when locked hit menu then phoneand 911 will be called this doesn't seem to work. Any suggesttions? Thanks:)

mathewshannon1

Reaction score
Many of us are having issues with the search hotkey. It seems to pop up all the time, and it's getting rather irritating. Is there a quick fix for this? I've looked to try to turn that feature off, but for some reason I can't. I'm not much of a 'voice activated' kind of guy, and when I want to look something up, I'll go right to google. Thanks.

cgarnes

Reaction score
I agree, that voice search thing gets hit all too easily, and it is really annoying. I also would appreciate a tip. Thanks in advance.

techinv

Reaction score
Wired headphone w/mic question

All:

I want to use my Droid for playing mp3s while I commute, and would like to have a functional set of headphones that can be used for phonecalls and music listening. So I would be looking for headphones with the following features:

Inline mic
Volume control
Track forward/backward
Track pause
Call pickup
Call end

I've already tried the Z'agg headphone (no track forward/backward and kept falling out of my ears) and a pair of Schoche (only the pause worked). Somewhere along the way, I faintly remember a post on a forum that the music control functions may not work due to compatibility with Android, but then I could never find that post again, so not sure.

Anyone able to offer a suggestion here? I'm pretty sure I could get everything I want with a bluetooth stereo headset, but my preference is wired.

Thanks

opaleski

Reaction score
When my Eris is in standby I do not get any Email Notifications as a ring tone --How can I correct this??

crh97

Reaction score
I'm fairly new to this forum. The search options don't make a lot of sense to me so excuse me if this has been covered...........Is there an app that is safe to download that will let me scroll through my gallery pictures without using that fool arrow. My wife's eris scrolls side to side like magic. Is there something wrong with my gallery app?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I'm fairly new to this forum. The search options don't make a lot of sense to me so excuse me if this has been covered...........Is there an app that is safe to download that will let me scroll through my gallery pictures without using that fool arrow. My wife's eris scrolls side to side like magic. Is there something wrong with my gallery app?

Nothing wrong with it..It does not swipe...
Take a look at
Imagine Multi-Touch v1.0.2 Application for Android | Multimedia

chart

OP
V

viperboy

Reaction score
viper boy, I bet you are sorry you said you could help with all our issues... You are NEVER going to get sleep ;)

Well, I don't regret it, but it is alot to keep up with!

Viperboy - Appreciate you helping us all out. I am using Google Talk for messaging. I have not sent or received any SMS messages, however, when I check my status on Verizon's website, it shows that I have 7 messages. I looked at the details and they are messages that I sent and received using gTalk. I sent an e-mail to Verizion and got a reply that they cannot tell anything until the actual bill comes out. Thanks in advance for your help. Norm

Hmm, more of a billing question. Keep me up to date on it, because from my understanding, that should use data to send that. Please let me know how this works out!

In manual it says to dial 911 when locked hit menu then phoneand 911 will be called this doesn't seem to work. Any suggesttions? Thanks:)

I'm sorry, can you be a little more clear? Actually, could you point me to where you're looking at in the manual? Thanks

Many of us are having issues with the search hotkey. It seems to pop up all the time, and it's getting rather irritating. Is there a quick fix for this? I've looked to try to turn that feature off, but for some reason I can't. I'm not much of a 'voice activated' kind of guy, and when I want to look something up, I'll go right to google. Thanks.

I am not a voice search person either but unless there is an app out there for it, there is no way that I have found to deactivate that.

All:

I want to use my Droid for playing mp3s while I commute, and would like to have a functional set of headphones that can be used for phonecalls and music listening. So I would be looking for headphones with the following features:

Inline mic
Volume control
Track forward/backward
Track pause
Call pickup
Call end

I've already tried the Z'agg headphone (no track forward/backward and kept falling out of my ears) and a pair of Schoche (only the pause worked). Somewhere along the way, I faintly remember a post on a forum that the music control functions may not work due to compatibility with Android, but then I could never find that post again, so not sure.

Anyone able to offer a suggestion here? I'm pretty sure I could get everything I want with a bluetooth stereo headset, but my preference is wired.

Thanks

I don't know of any that will do all of what you suggested. We do have the Bose one's with a mic and a call answer/end button. I think you might be asking too much for a headset. Although if you find any that do all of that, please report back.

When my Eris is in standby I do not get any Email Notifications as a ring tone --How can I correct this??

What happens? Does the screen light up or anything? And by standby, you mean you let the screen shut itself off? Do you get call notifications or SMS notifications? More details, please.

Reaction score
I know your probally bombarded with questions but i bricked my droid. WHAT DO I DO???

-If you have time to help thanx you very much

Scottyrocket

Reaction score
Hey Viper,

I asked a question earlier in the thread about my screen not resuming at the end of calls so I can hit the end button or to enter number on the voice mail password. I took the phone to a Verizon store and had the tech look at it for me. It worked perfectly!!! But, I figured out why. There are large overhead spotlights at the tech counter. When she was playing with it she would start a call and hover her hand over the unit at like 6" away and the screen would go black. Then she would move it and the screen would light right back up like it is supposed to. The conclusion that I have come to is that the phone is just sensitive to light and when I have the problem the light must not be enough to activate the screen. I have to say that I love my phone so much and I told the tech I did not want a new one, just wanted an opinion of how to make it work better. I have not had any other issues like others here and I will just deal with this tiny quirk. I wanted to let you know that I had researched this more in case someone else has this question later.

Thanks again for all of your help. I read this thread daily and have learned more than I ever thought possible.

techinv

Reaction score
All:

Inline mic
Volume control
Track forward/backward
Track pause
Call pickup
Call end

Thanks
I don't know of any that will do all of what you suggested. We do have the Bose one's with a mic and a call answer/end button. I think you might be asking too much for a headset. Although if you find any that do all of that, please report back.
Viper:

There are several headphones that have all of these functions and are compatible with the iPhone, two made by Schoche. This is the one that I tried (and returned):

iPod & iPhone Accessories Earphones Increased Dynamic Range earphones with tapLINE control technology

Would have kept these, but the track forward/backward did not work. I have to think that all of this is possible on the Droid (or any Android phone for that matter). Oh well, I guess I may have to go the bluetooth route....

Thanks

djbis

Reaction score
I know your probally bombarded with questions but i bricked my droid. WHAT DO I DO???

-If you have time to help thanx you very much

You go back to the store, pay $90 (if you have insurance) and get a new one. Otherwise, you might have to find a used one somewhere, or buy a new one (ouch).

pepper3778

Reaction score
Do you know why the phone disconnects during calls. it seems to hang up, or the mute or key pad get activitated while I am talking. I have cut people off many time. What is the fix?

Status
Not open for further replies.