Verizon Tech here - ask away!

Status
Not open for further replies.

uscp2000

Reaction score
hello, anyone having problems with their alarm clock not going off? if there is another thread on this could someone tell me where to find it. i seen a small thread on it, but nothing on how to fix it. thanks all

Aluminum21

Reaction score
I connected my Droid to the computer for the first time, I opened up the USB screen and I noticed there a folder called (pretty weather google) So deleted it thinking it was junk, then an error meddage pops up saying I'm missing the file and it says "Loading Data" on the main screen constantly

Did I just delete some important folder?

iJroid

Reaction score
Thanks! I will download the auto-pilot plugin. I guess what I'm really after is a sensor or software package that would automatically turn airplane mode off when I enter a live signal area and automatically go into airplane mode, say after two minutes, when I have entered a non-signal area. That way, I can keep the phone in the case no matter what area I'm currently in. I'm going in and out of coverage all day long in my job. Just want to save wear and tear on the battery.

your phone would never be able to tell when to automatically come out of airplane mode.

iJroid

Reaction score
On my Moto Droid I just start typing a contact name. After typing no more than three letters a drop-down appears with contacts.

sorry, but i tried to search this thread to see if this subject was covered.

how do you enter a persons contact when you try to send a new text message?

if i press the message icon from the home screen, in the "To:" section, i try to type the persons name, as it appears in the contacts, but all i get are numbers that correspond to the letters i am typing. when i finish typing out the correct contact name and send, i get a message back saying that the message was not sent to an invalid address.

it seems that the only way i can send a text is going to my contacts, choosing the person i want and then press the messaging icon. wasted steps given that when you press the messaging icon on the home screen sends you a "new message" screen.

i guess i was use to the enV3 where all i had to do is start typing the persons name and an list would appear allowing me to choose the correct person. this is what i want without having to install an app.

Last edited:

will.anaya

Reaction score
On my moto droid i just start typing a contact name. There is a dropdown that appears with contacts within three letters.

sorry, but i tried to search this thread to see if this subject was covered.

how do you enter a persons contact when you try to send a new text message?

if i press the message icon from the home screen, in the "To:" section, i try to type the persons name, as it appears in the contacts, but all i get are numbers that correspond to the letters i am typing. when i finish typing out the correct contact name and send, i get a message back saying that the message was not sent to an invalid address.

it seems that the only way i can send a text is going to my contacts, choosing the person i want and then press the messaging icon. wasted steps given that when you press the messaging icon on the home screen sends you a "new message" screen.

i guess i was use to the enV3 where all i had to do is start typing the persons name and an list would appear allowing me to choose the correct person. this is what i want without having to install an app.

i tried that and all i get is one option.

i have a group of contacts that are associated with my work. the first four letters represent my company followed by a dash then the name of the person.

so if i start typing the first four letters the exact same way as in my contacts, even followed by the dash, all i get is one entry and it is always the same entry no matter who (or is it whom?) i try to enter.

windstrings

Reaction score
. I would love to sync my memos but here that's no so easy. Any suggestions? Also after I do get the data into a Droid how do I and what do I sync with.

Thanks,

Go to your Google account and go to "more" and go to Google docs or "Gdocs".... those will sync with your Droid via an application that comes with Droid.

Google Calendar and contacts sync with your contacts and onboard calendar that comes with The droid.

nuggtdrmmr

Reaction score
Contacts not registering when i want to sms from message app

So I've noticed that when I try to send a txt from the message app and I try to type in a contact, it does not register that contact. The contact is in my contacts but I found that the only way to remedy that is by editing the contact from "work" to "mobile" and then it will be recognized in the message app. Anyone experience this and what have you done to remedy it?

immobile

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I just registered for this site. Seems like a great place to be. I do Tech Support for Verizon in-store and know all of the phones pretty well. I am here to answer any questions you might have (let's try to keep it related to the Droid) that you might not have the answer to. Please keep in mind, I'm not a developer and I'm not going to be able to tell you that why such and such app isn't working on your phone. I'm here to answer questions related to Verizon and how the Droid works with Verizon's network and any tech related questions related to the Droid.

Feel free to ask whatever questions you have, and mods, if there is a better place for this thread, please feel free to move it :) Thanks guys. I look forward to helping you.

A couple quick things...

1.) First and foremost, I'm here to TROUBLESHOOT and provide answers to help you with your phone. If you are looking for leaked information about new phones or you want credits on your account, you've come to the wrong place. None of that will be happening here. I just need to make sure this is 100% clear.
2.) This seems like this is really catching on here, so I will keep this post up to date with common issues and fixes to things so you don't have to go through the entire thread for answers.
3.) Please understand, this is not my full-time job to sit here and wait for someone to post something so I can respond. I'm doing this to help you guys and answer questions.
4.) That being said, you might see that I don't get to answer questions for 12+ hours. Don't worry, I will answer them, but it will take some time to do so.
5.) On that note, for simple issues, it might be more beneficial for you to search and read through some threads instead of awaiting a response from me on a question about battery life, for example. There is no set answer, it would be best for you to search around, find a thread that is already created for that topic, and take a read through. I'm not saying I don't want to answer those questions, but you might get an answer faster that way and learn more in the process.

Common Tech Solutions and Tips

- Improve Call Audio Quality (Doesn't seem to work if you have anything to do with Alltel!)

• Dial ##7764726 (##PROGRAM) and act as if you were going to call that number.
  • Enter 000000 for the SPC Password and then tap Verify
  • Tap on "04 Vocode"
  • Tap on EVRC-B than Apply
  • The phone should automatically reset a few seconds afterward. If not, power cycle the phone
  • Explanation - This changes how the phone compresses and decompressed the call audio which improves the quality.
- Safe Mode

• With the phone off, slide open the keyboard open
  • Press and hold the Power+Menu button (on the keyboard)
  • Continue to hold until the "Droid Eye" comes up and you feel the phone vibrate
  • Phone should start up and say "Safe Mode" in the bottom left-hand corner
  • Explanation - This starts only the core Android processes. This is best used for diagnosing if a 3rd party application is causing your phone to malfunction or if you cannot uninstall if when in regular mode.
  • TRY THIS FIRST if you are having any problems with your phone acting up, especially with the built-in Android apps (example - Messaging app is crashing. Boot in Safe Mode. If app doesn't crash when doing what you were doing in regular mode, it's most likely going to be a 3rd party app with access to messaging that is causing a problem.)
  • BE AWARE that after coming out of Safe Mode, 3rd party widgets might not display properly on the home screen. Press and hold on the widget and drag it down into the trash can, then readd it to the home screen. This will fix the "problem loading widget" error.
- Multiple Facebook Entries for a Contact

• From the Home Screen, go to Settings > Accounts and Sync
  • Tap on your email assigned to your Facebook
  • Tap on "Remove Account"
  • Go back a menu and tap "Add Account"
  • Select "Facebook" and set it up again
- Contacts No Longer in Contacts List

• Go to Contacts > Menu > Display Options.
  • Tap on your GMail account to drop down that list
  • Check everything in that list
  • Back out and they should be in there
  • Explanation - Sometimes after a SW update, the contacts groups will go back to default and "hide" some (or possibly all) of your contacts.

FAQ

- What was changed with the 2.0.1 Update?

- After the 2.0.1 update, the Browser lags! Why?? When will this be fixed?

• It has been suggested that what is slowing it down is that the phone is now keeping full image quality even while scrolling instead of lower image quality while scrolling and than full quality when not scrolling. At this time, Verizon hasn't issued a way to correct this. If this changes, I will update this.
- When will tethering be officially supported by Verizon?

• This fix is projected for sometime in Q1 '10. The hold up is that Access Manager isn't compatible with the Android phones yet and doesn't have the drivers built-in to get the phone to tether.
- When is new software coming out for the Droid??

• Because I value my job, this is not something that I can post on this site. You may have heard about a future update(s). I can't really say if that is correct or not. Information gets leaked, but it won't be from me.
- How about new Android phones??

• Again, I can't really talk about that. Truthfully, you will probably read about it online before many people at Verizon know.
I will continue to add to this as this thread grows. If you feel that anything should be added, please PM me and I will take care of it.
.I have too seen and delt with people who have a "Green" chip on their sholder because THEIR not the one receiving the gratatude and attention for proving good, reliable and usefull info. You are doing just that in a Non arrogent way, being kind & humble, knowing what your talking about. Like I said, I've seen it in the reviews I do; (as a Product Evaluator at CNET.com). I obviously don't know the Android O/S as you do, but I do know from what you've said, your more then qualified and welcome to stick around. Now if this was a WinMo O/S discussion I would be more helpful. *:)

Pinshooter

Reaction score
Yeah, blew the alarm 3 out of 4 triggers this weekend. Figured I just screwed up setting it....

mtbhk44

Reaction score

briankeith513

Reaction score
Spontaneous muting without pushing mute, during a call!!!!!??

"While on a phone call, my droid seems to spontaneously mute. I know this because on my notification bar I see the mic with a x over it. When I see the phone options the mute button is not highlighted in green and to turn the mute off, I have to hit the button twice, once in effect muting it and seeing it lit in green then unmuting it so the person on the other end can hear me again. However most of the time the person hangs up before I can fix it thinking the call was dropped."

This happened before and after the official 2.01 update. I've tried master resets, battery pulls, and trying it without loading my extra apps, and it happens. Even happens on a second Droid that I got. What is the cause and fix for this?

There's a thread on howardforums talking about the same thing:
HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource - spontaneous muting without pushing mute is it

Thanks,
Brian

huskur

Reaction score
text and multimedia messaging

Is is possible to send a text or multimedia message with both a picture and sound? I can send the pictures fine but cannot figure out how to send a sound file in a text/multimedia message. Is this not doable on the droid?

will.anaya

Reaction score
So I've noticed that when I try to send a txt from the message app and I try to type in a contact, it does not register that contact. The contact is in my contacts but I found that the only way to remedy that is by editing the contact from "work" to "mobile" and then it will be recognized in the message app. Anyone experience this and what have you done to remedy it?

thanks, you just answered my question :icon_ banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.