Verizon Kills Off GrandFathered Unlimited Plan Early Leaving SGS3 Owner High & Dry

big al

Reaction score
No matter how you slice it and dice it, It's a rippoff.

Sent from my HTC Rezound with ICS using Droid Forums
agreed. $10/gig on a pay as you use would be fair. after all the 10gb for $100 =$10 /GB. and what about all this data I pay for each month that I dont use? no refund coming. how about pay as you go or rollover data

Chetsgroi

Reaction score
Be warned, they will automatically switch you to a shared data plan if they have to replace the 4G sim card in your phone. About a week ago my Droid 4. was having consistent network connection issues so I bought it in to a corporate Verizon store and the tech thought it might be a bad sim card so he was going to replace it. However, when he scanned the new sim card into the system prior to installing it, he told me it wouldn't let him put it in without first switching to a shared data plan. I said "No thanks" and spoke with his supervisor with no joy. Even tried going to another company Verizon store that was further away with the exact same results. Sorry, I don't like being forced into things so I'll deal with the network problems and attempt to find a different better solution.

Regards,

- Chester Paul Sgroi

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
I had my unlimited data changed to 2GB when I activated my SGS3, but they fixed it quickly and without a fight as soon as I called. It literally took less than 30 seconds, so it can be done and if the CSR makes it sound like a drawn-out complicated process, that's BS.

I pre-ordered on June 6, FTR, and had unlimited data dating back to the original Droid from November 2009.

The difference a non-lazy rep can make. Some times all you have to do if a rep is being difficult, is hang up, call back and deal with the new rep as if the previous convo did not take place. I recently called Staples Corporate Office trying to obtain info on a laptop warranty, and the first rep insisted I have a credit card number. Well the credit card used for the purchase was null and void now as the issuing back was bought out over a year ago. So I hung up called the new bank, and they claimed not to have the records any more, so I called back, told the second rep the bank does not have the records and she worked her ass off searching every single possible way(name, address, phone, etc) to try to find a record.

jseah

Reaction score
Be warned, they will automatically switch you to a shared data plan if they have to replace the 4G sim card in your phone. About a week ago my Droid 4. was having consistent network connection issues so I bought it in to a corporate Verizon store and the tech thought it might be a bad sim card so he was going to replace it. However, when he scanned the new sim card into the system prior to installing it, he told me it wouldn't let him put it in without first switching to a shared data plan. I said "No thanks" and spoke with his supervisor with no joy. Even tried going to another company Verizon store that was further away with the exact same results. Sorry, I don't like being forced into things so I'll deal with the network problems and attempt to find a different better solution.

Regards,

- Chester Paul Sgroi

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Sounds more like the Verizon employee were trying to get you switched over so he could pad his commissions. I just activated two SGSIII's online today using MyVerizon, and that required activating new SIM cards as they use the microSIM's while the phones they were replacing had the normal miniSIM's. No popup warning me that I needed to switch my data plans. And after activation, I confirmed that my data plans on those two lines still had unlimited data.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I do not believe the first phone has a core cost of $70. It is either $40 or $30, depending on if it is a feature phone or a smart phone. Either way, it still is a horrible deal.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I do not believe the first phone has a core cost of $70. It is either $40 or $30, depending on if it is a feature phone or a smart phone. Either way, it still is a horrible deal.

Well now, that depends.. would you buy ocean front property in Iowa? Lmao

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
94lt1 said:
Well now, that depends.. would you buy ocean front property in Iowa? Lmao

Verizon thinks I should, lmbo!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Verizon thinks I should, lmbo!

Yeah.. and then you should share it with a bunch of land hogs... :rolleyes:

SHAK3R

Reaction score
OK I don't check up on this stuff that often so I'm a little in the dark. I currently am on the unlimited plan and curious what the future holds for me.

Am I no longer gonna have unlimited?
Anyway of keeping unlimited?
If not when does this become effective?

Sent from my Rezound using Droid Forums

Caesars

Reaction score
You can try swappa. Com

Edit : Darn SwiftKey lol

Return of the Android

Natey2

Reaction score
Re: Verizon Kills Off GrandFathered Unlimited Plan Early

I decided not to upgrade with Verizon when my contract was over, to keep my unlimited data plan.
I bought a Nexus 7 tablet, and delegate all serious Android work to the tablet now; my phone has become a phone now, FWIW.
And that tablet will outperform any phone I can think of.
I can use the FoxFi app on my phone to supply my tablet with an on-demand WiFi hotspot to connect to, if WiFi is not available elsewhere.

Doesn't AT&T continue to grandfather the unlimited data plan for old customers who upgrade their phone?

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using Tapatalk2