Verizon Kills Off GrandFathered Unlimited Plan Early Leaving SGS3 Owner High & Dry

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Jul 9, 2012.

1. cybertec69

cybertec69 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +113
    Just go eBay and purchase your new device, my Rezound which is in pristine condutuon will be on there soon, once I receive my S3.

Sent from my HTC Rezound with ICS using Droid Forums

2. Arkbird

Arkbird DF News Team Premium Member

Ratings:
    +62
    Exactly. Just go on eBay or Craigslist for phones. You'll still have to watch the esn numbers on some of them but it's worth getting a gently used phone and keeping unlimited versus getting a new one and losing it.

3. big al

big al Member

Ratings:
    +13
    agreed. $10/gig on a pay as you use would be fair. after all the 10gb for $100 =$10 /GB. and what about all this data I pay for each month that I dont use? no refund coming. how about pay as you go or rollover data

4. Chetsgroi

Chetsgroi New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Be warned, they will automatically switch you to a shared data plan if they have to replace the 4G sim card in your phone. About a week ago my Droid 4. was having consistent network connection issues so I bought it in to a corporate Verizon store and the tech thought it might be a bad sim card so he was going to replace it. However, when he scanned the new sim card into the system prior to installing it, he told me it wouldn't let him put it in without first switching to a shared data plan. I said "No thanks" and spoke with his supervisor with no joy. Even tried going to another company Verizon store that was further away with the exact same results. Sorry, I don't like being forced into things so I'll deal with the network problems and attempt to find a different better solution.

Regards,

- Chester Paul Sgroi

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

5. Xplorer4x4

Xplorer4x4 Active Member

Ratings:
    +4
    The difference a non-lazy rep can make. Some times all you have to do if a rep is being difficult, is hang up, call back and deal with the new rep as if the previous convo did not take place. I recently called Staples Corporate Office trying to obtain info on a laptop warranty, and the first rep insisted I have a credit card number. Well the credit card used for the purchase was null and void now as the issuing back was bought out over a year ago. So I hung up called the new bank, and they claimed not to have the records any more, so I called back, told the second rep the bank does not have the records and she worked her ass off searching every single possible way(name, address, phone, etc) to try to find a record.

6. jseah

jseah Active Member

Ratings:
    +25
    Sounds more like the Verizon employee were trying to get you switched over so he could pad his commissions. I just activated two SGSIII's online today using MyVerizon, and that required activating new SIM cards as they use the microSIM's while the phones they were replacing had the normal miniSIM's. No popup warning me that I needed to switch my data plans. And after activation, I confirmed that my data plans on those two lines still had unlimited data.

7. nia07

nia07 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I am looking at this: Verizon's Share Everything data plans go live June 28th, let you add family (or a tablet) for a little extra -- Engadget

[​IMG]
    Verizon has been promising shared data plans for awhile, so it's with some relief (and trepidation) we can say they're here. Share Everything, as it's called, starts off with the assumption you'll want unlimited voice and messages and then bolts on shared data along with a maximum of 10 individual devices: a core plan starts at $50 per month for 1GB of data and requires that you tack on $40 a month for every smartphone, $30 for basic phones, $20 for hotspots and $10 for tablets. Of course, Verizon will gladly let you pay for more data if your family loves to stream Netflix on 4G all day, up to $100 for a common pool of 10GB. A stiff price, but it also includes tethering or hotspot creation support on any device in the mix. The new plans will be ready to tempt you away from your unlimited data on June 28th.

The 1st phone always has a core cost. But I think I see what you mean, that core cost is 70.00 for 4gig??, then the other 3 would be @ 40.00.

So it's 4 smartphones with 4 GB of shared data, would be 70.00 + $40 x 3 = $120 = $190.00 before taxes??

8. TisMyDroid

TisMyDroid Silver Member

Ratings:
    +353
    I do not believe the first phone has a core cost of $70. It is either $40 or $30, depending on if it is a feature phone or a smart phone. Either way, it still is a horrible deal.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

9. 94lt1

94lt1 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,284
    Well now, that depends.. would you buy ocean front property in Iowa? Lmao

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

10. TisMyDroid

TisMyDroid Silver Member

Ratings:
    +353
    Verizon thinks I should, lmbo!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

11. 94lt1

94lt1 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,284
    Yeah.. and then you should share it with a bunch of land hogs... :rolleyes:

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

12. SHAK3R

SHAK3R Member

Ratings:
    +0
    OK I don't check up on this stuff that often so I'm a little in the dark. I currently am on the unlimited plan and curious what the future holds for me.

Am I no longer gonna have unlimited?
    Anyway of keeping unlimited?
    If not when does this become effective?

Sent from my Rezound using Droid Forums

13. nia07

nia07 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    It went into effect June 28th. They told me I could keep the plan if I pay full price for phones going forward. If you use any upgrade on the account, it will force you to the new plan.

14. nia07

nia07 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    So for those of you who have chose to keep the plan... where are you buying your phones? I need a new iPhone 4s and don't want to pay full price at Verizon. What is everyone doing for new Droids/iPhones?

15. Caesars

Caesars Senior Member

Ratings:
    +44
    You can try swappa. Com

Edit : Darn SwiftKey lol

Return of the Android

Search tags for this page
new sdm remote query enabled
rtr for unlimited plans $0
sdm remote query

sdm remote query enabled