New Unlimited Plan from Big Red?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick

Reaction score
As long as we're being hopeful... here's hoping I can keep my grandfathered unlimited plan AND upgrade equipment at contract prices :)

N4UPD

Reaction score
I just hope the price don't go up too high or I'll be happy buying my phones from Craigslist and keeping the price I have.

N4UPD

Reaction score
I hope they don't make people change to the new price because we get an employee discount and on the talk text plus data promotion they had a while back.I'm happy where I am unless we get to keep all that AND get subsidized price.

the3dolla

Reaction score
So, when you guys upgrade/change devices; how do you do it? Online? Over the phone? At the store?

Quick

Reaction score
So, when you guys upgrade/change devices; how do you do it? Online? Over the phone? At the store?

I have always done everything over the phone (*611). Always had great service (maybe just lucky?). I'm usually pretty well informed before calling and go over most everything explicitly. I always get the impression that stores are kind of like 3rd party vendors (some actually are). At least dialing into galactic headquarters everybody has had the same training and it seem they have better access to the system and information and when they escalate you're usually on the line with them. That's been my experience.

4x4tx

Reaction score
Just talked to customer loyalty again, you can upgrade the lines that are eligible over the phone or online and keep your $20 discount. So if you have a few lines on your account that need to upgrade that dont use over 2gb you can get the cheaper phone prices. Looking at my lines I only have one line on my account that goes over 2gb so probably will upgrade a couple of my phones.

FastKatt

Reaction score
So, you are saying, if you have 4 lines,...
and are getting the $20 off, on all 4 lines,...
If you upgrade 2 lines with subsidized pricing,...
you get to keep your $20 off on those lines,
but they lose unlimited data & become 2GBs per line?

4x4tx

Reaction score
Yes correct, I could upgrade them all and keep my 20 per line discounts...sounds like as long as you dont change your "plan" the discounts keep rolling. You would only lose the unlimited to whatever data plan you switch to...it defaults to gb which would keep your current pricing the same. I just tried it online without accepting at the final screen and it worked.

the3dolla

Reaction score
Just talked to customer loyalty again, you can upgrade the lines that are eligible over the phone or online and keep your $20 discount. So if you have a few lines on your account that need to upgrade that dont use over 2gb you can get the cheaper phone prices. Looking at my lines I only have one line on my account that goes over 2gb so probably will upgrade a couple of my phones./QUOTE]

So, I'm going to see if my family wants to do this. Knowing if they go over, it's $10/GB. Is there a direct line to Customer Loyalty? What's the best way to get in touch with them? I searched around, but didn't find much.

the3dolla

Reaction score
found it..

At least it used to be: Loyalty Dept direct at 877-628-8922 - will probably give this a try tomorrow.

Cunha

Reaction score
Thats a very interesting development. It is -almost- worth it, but the way all carriers are so anxious to get folks OFF of unlimited data makes me think there will soon be a time when I appreciate my infinite data plan. I had 5 lines on this, but one of them got borked and wound up with no data on a dumb phone. I just discovered I can upgrade this phone to 2gb data and get a subsidized phone, and then revert it to dumb phone status and do what I want with that phone. If you had 5 lines, you could use an upgrade on only a single line and only let that lines data be the current non unlimited style...if you catch my drift. That way you can keep some phones with unlimited data. I think that would work.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
Thats a very interesting development. It is -almost- worth it, but the way all carriers are so anxious to get folks OFF of unlimited data makes me think there will soon be a time when I appreciate my infinite data plan. I had 5 lines on this, but one of them got borked and wound up with no data on a dumb phone. I just discovered I can upgrade this phone to 2gb data and get a subsidized phone, and then revert it to dumb phone status and do what I want with that phone. If you had 5 lines, you could use an upgrade on only a single line and only let that lines data be the current non unlimited style...if you catch my drift. That way you can keep some phones with unlimited data. I think that would work.

Two of my five lines are unlimited. And will remain that way until vzw prius it from my cold dead hands. I'll use my other lines for upgrade... at least one of them

Sent from my frozenly delicious razr maxx.

Cunha

Reaction score
I think thats the way to deal w/this. Good job guys. High five for having a sweet plan

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.