verizon just sent me an update to 5.9.901

yiannis

Reaction score
were you foreverooted or isnt it supposed to.matter when you use it.

Yes I was, yes I doubt it matters as the program reverts you to 5.5.886 then 5.5.893 and then roots you again. Some have reported that they maintained root though, so I don't know what went wrong. When I click bootstrap recovery it says success so I'm not sure what's going on.

wooddale

Reaction score
Yes I was, yes I doubt it matters as the program reverts you to 5.5.886 then 5.5.893 and then roots you again. Some have reported that they maintained root though, so I don't know what went wrong. When I click bootstrap recovery it says success so I'm not sure what's going on.
good luck keep us posted

lykofos

Reaction score

I kept root after the .901 update but used DHacker's R3l3as3d root / 43v4r root on my bionic originally.

Before applying any updates, you should always verify for yourself that the 43V3R Root actually applied: after reboot, use root explorer to go into "/system/bin/" and "copy" the file "mount_ext3.sh" Place the copy somewhere on your sd card (sdcard-ext directory). Now use a text editor to open that copied mount_ext3.sh file (that way your not messing with opening the original system file). Scroll to the very bottom of the file and make sure these 3 lines are present at the very bottom:
chmod 4755 /system/bin/su
chmod 4755 /system/xbin/su
chmod 4755 /system/app/Superuser.apk

If those lines are there, you're golden. If they aren't present then 43V3R Root did not apply properly and you'd have to add those lines manually to the original mount_ext3.sh file to be forever rooted. Be careful if you have to do that though, I read that if you use the ES File Explorer text editor to make the changes that it changes the permissions of mount_ext3.sh and cause a boot loop if you don't set them back to how they were originally. So make sure the file permission of mount_ext3 is the same after this procedure as it was before.

wooddale

Reaction score
Has any one that got 901 leaked or from Moto been able to flash any roms? TH3ORY is 894 base and Eclipse is 893 Liberty is 886. Im on 5.5.893 and have backups of all and had no trouble. I have herd people are having trouble doing a hard flash from 5.5.893.

cmac93hatch

Reaction score
ii tried the one click method and somthing went wrong im just stuck in ap boot mode and it says flash failure i tried to reflash the sbf file and it fails at step one. does anybody have any ideas on how to fix this.

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score

cmac93hatch

Reaction score
doing that as we speak its taking for ever to get this to work but i hope it does. now once this is done (if it works) would i flash the 5.5.901 update for forever root?

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
doing that as we speak its taking for ever to get this to work but i hope it does. now once this is done (if it works) would i flash the 5.5.901 update for forever root?

What I would suggest is flash your system back to 886 using the forever root hack them try the 1 click script.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

cmac93hatch

Reaction score
it didnt work it said INFOPreflash validation failure and it rebooted into fast boot and said flash failure

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Crap, I think some people over on rootzwiki had that problem and eventually figured it out. You might want to look over there. Anyone have any ideas on what to do?

foamman

Reaction score
Crap, I think some people over on rootzwiki had that problem and eventually figured it out. You might want to look over there. Anyone have any ideas on what to do?

This is the thread that you want over at Rootzwiki. They have brought many phones back from the dead in the past 24 hours.

Get to 5.5.893 OTA from ANY LEAK - RootzWiki - Page 20

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
^ Thanks, hope that works for you hatch.

cmac93hatch

Reaction score
ok if what im doing now doesnt work ill try that i tried option 1 on the forever root hack and now im trying option 1. i read that flashing a new system.img should fix it but well find out