verizon just sent me an update to 5.9.901

cmac93hatch

Reaction score
i have completely unrooted it and have tried it so nothing was froze and still get the same errors

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Just an FYI for those following my crazy saga of going from 5.7.893 to brick to......fully recovered and rooted 901. :D I'm good to go now and will be sending the warranty replacement phone back unopened. 901 is nice! cmac93hatch, it means something is missing from your phone. Not sure why if you unfroze. Did you accidentally delete something maybe?

nateohio

Reaction score
If all he did was unroot, and didn't thaw out the stuff he froze, it's probably still frozen.

I don't think it automatically thaws just because he unroots.

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
It certainly seems that way, yea. UGH, that sucks then. Cause you'll have to re-root to unfreeze it. What a pain!

cmac93hatch

Reaction score
no i didnt delete anything i also did a factory data reset. stupid question here but what it the forever root. im thinking this might be my only option but i dont want to do it if i have no chance of unrooting it.

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Forever root modifies a boot up script to modify permissions on a few files to make sure you retain root. Has worked well for me as I am root on 901 as we speak.

cmac93hatch

Reaction score
Yes the unroot procedure i used did thaw what i froze and if i use forever root will i be able to unroot it if i needed to

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Sure, you can unroot fairly easily. Multiple ways to do it. Removing the lines for the script, uninstalling SuperUser.apk, and removing SU should just about take care of it. I'm sure there's probably a script to run that'll remove it.

wilboy

Reaction score
@cmac93hatch have you tried to flash the webtop?wait are you talking about flashng the 901!If it is disregard this..

CellZealot

Reaction score
Yes, you can always undo the forever root. It specifically makes a 3 line edit to /system/bin/mount-ext3.sh which is a script that runs at bootup that mounts the partitions for the device to use. You remove the 3 lines at the bottom of that script and replace that file and make sure permissions are set. Edit: Boy do I type slowly...Merry Christmas everyone!

cmac93hatch

Reaction score
thanks for the help guys i think i might just flash the sbf file and start fresh with the forever boot and then try the updates. thanks alot! merry christmas guys!!!

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
@rck76..i just flashed the 9.901 successfully awhile ago(can't control myself):)...have you tried this one yet? Bionic-Eclipse-v2.0 .901 support.zip (Bionic Eclipse 2.0 w/ 901 support)?

No not yet but I do like the rotary lockscreen. Since the kint3x rom will no longer be supported, I may try it out eventually.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
thanks for the help guys i think i might just flash the sbf file and start fresh with the forever boot and then try the updates. thanks alot! merry christmas guys!!!

Sorry, I was away for a while but hope it works out for you. Good luck and merry christmas:)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

cmac93hatch

Reaction score
well guys i got good news and bad news. good news is i found the stock fzx file and after about an hour and a half messing with it finally got it on and phone back to stock. as soon as i turned it on i had a system update it was version 893. installed and then put 901 on runs like a champ. went to bed and got up this morning and went to root (after the kids opened there presents lol) and i cant seem to obtain root access. it gets to the third exploit and fails. should i try the forever root method? im using petes one click right now.

nateohio

Reaction score
well guys i got good news and bad news. good news is i found the stock fzx file and after about an hour and a half messing with it finally got it on and phone back to stock. as soon as i turned it on i had a system update it was version 893. installed and then put 901 on runs like a champ. went to bed and got up this morning and went to root (after the kids opened there presents lol) and i cant seem to obtain root access. it gets to the third exploit and fails. should i try the forever root method? im using petes one click right now.

The 901 build doesn't have an exploit for root yet. To retain root you should of applied 4 ever root before upgrading

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums