verizon just sent me an update to 5.9.901

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I'm in a strange situation. I have a replacement Bionic with stock ota 893 rooted and another Bionic that is on 901 unrooted. I have to send one back by Wednesday. I would stay with the older one that is on unrooted 901 if we were sure that 901 was going to be the official ota update. If not I would send it back and use the stock rooted 893 Bionic. anyone have an opinion on what I should do?

Btw the 901 has an zagg invisible shield and the 893 has the button lights at the bottom that pop out when u look from the top angle

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

901 has been pushed ota so it will have to be officially supported. Even so, we can get back to 893 using the various methods now. Personally, now that I unbricked mine I've installed rooted 901 and am going to send the replacement phone back without even opening it. If it ever arrives that is. :)

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

jennandjoey76

Reaction score
I have a small question. I think might have messed up my phone. I don't know if I should post here or on another thread. So here we go. I had. 901patched and running kinetix and running well. I got a little greedy and tried to install a custom battery using my rom toolbox. Well, that didn't turn out so well. I initially thought I would use rsd to take me back to stock. That probably would have worked if I wasn't on 901. Im thinking that maybe I may need to go through mot-fastboot route, but I'm not really for sure. Any input would be great. Thank you guys so much.

jennandjoey76

Reaction score
I used the small tar.gz file on rsd. It fails on the 4th stage flash boot "boot img" everytime.

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Looks like you got it sorted out on the other thread. So long as you flashed the radio.zip in stock recovery, that is.

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Looks like you got it sorted out on the other thread. So long as you flashed the radio.zip in stock recovery, that is.

Confused, it looked like member got this sorted out on the 20th, then asked a question in another thread, then ends up posting here. The latest post member made is right above yours so I'm assuming this person is still having issues?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Confused, it looked like member got this sorted out on the 20th, then asked a question in another thread, then ends up posting here. The latest post member made is right above yours so I'm assuming this person is still having issues?

Yea they also posted on rootzwiki where I think they got everything taken care of except maybe the radio issue.

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yea they also posted on rootzwiki where I think they got everything taken care of except maybe the radio issue.

Oh, I see, I didn't even look on there.

kc6wke

Reaction score
Cant Update
Anyone seen this error?

assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "cmda_targa"
E:Error in /emmc/Blur_Verizon.5.5.893.xt875.verizon.en.us.zip
(status 7)

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Guessing you're not trying to run the update on stock 886. Are you trying to install it over a custom rom?

kc6wke

Reaction score
Guessing you're not trying to run the update on stock 886. Are you trying to install it over a custom rom?

No, just not enough sleep.
Trynig to install with bootsrtap and not recovery OOPS!!

yiannis

Reaction score
I lost root despite being 43V3R rooted.

5.5.901 has not improved ANYTHING on my phone, just added more VZW crapware.

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Have you tried reinstalling the superuser.apk?

locofocos

Reaction score
I lost root despite being 43V3R rooted.
You can try to downgrade using P3Droid's one click script, then re install 901. I was also forever rooted, but got onto 901 without root somehow. You can look at /system/bin/mount_ext3.sh and make sure it has the three chmod 4755.... lines at the end to make sure forever root is properly applied. I really believe 901 should have improved the battery life, camera speed, or something that's just hard to notice sometimes.