Verizon is Raising Prices on Grandfathered Unlimited Plans by $20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sourness?

Dude, making comments like that in an attempt to take away his polite and logical response, to try to minimize it because you don't like it, reflects poorly on you...
Thank you Squire!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not to mention when VZW started these new S,M,L,XL plans, costs for some people actually DID go down.

About time and rising prices though... this is tecnology.. Unlike a car or a motorcycle, prices in technology can, do, AND SHOULD drop. Data should become cheaper as it becomes cheaper to offer it. And when the price drops too low, 5G or 6G will come out and we'll all want it...

Yes and no, but I get what you are saying... With cars and bikes, new R&D, tooling, better electronics, rising labor costs, etc... Drive prices up.

But some tech things start high and then prices work their way down... like CPU's... The first run of a new process is expensive as yields are lower and they need higher prices per unit to cover the costs... as the process improves and yields are higher, economies of scale kick in and prices come down and the profit shifts from per unit, to a volume scale...

But I think that things like cellular networks are somewhere in the middle. It is not a chip. It's a lot of moving parts, and a lot of manual labor to build, install and maintain them... It has a lot of elements of the car and motorcycle world, because there are a lot of people involved, and a lot of moving parts...

And in the end, while we are paying more, we are also getting better and better coverage, and more and more performance... So we get more for that money...

Reactions: cr6

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sourness?

Dude, making comments like that in an attempt to take away his polite and logical response, to try to minimize it because you don't like it, reflects poorly on you...
He does sound sour, sorry, read his ENTIRE post. I could care less to be honest with you.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
If $20/month (or even $40 for my wife and I) breaks me then I've failed at life.

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score
Verizon is about the money. When I could not use 1GB a month no matter what I did. I asked if I could just use WiFi and get pay as you go data. Their answer was "no if you want a smartphone". So now that people can use data, they want to charge even more. So don't give me sob stories about how Verizon is being victimized. They victimized us and are trying to victimize us again.

So the $20 a month won't break me across 4 lines ($80).
I'm not just going to roll over.
No I won't be leaving either, because where my wife works you either have Verizon or Sprint.
I don't want Sprint, at least not right now.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
On another note, the droidforums has been a mess the last few days, pages take forever to load, even using Tapatalk, on my browser I get this javascript error, not on my end. This issue is the same across numerous devices.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I haven't had any problems on my devices, either through the browser on my laptop, or Tapatalk on my S5.
Try a factory reset.
I kid I kid!

S5 tap'n

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Verizon is about the money. When I could not use 1GB a month no matter what I did. I asked if I could just use WiFi and get pay as you go data. Their answer was "no if you want a smartphone". So now that people can use data, they want to charge even more. So don't give me sob stories about how Verizon is being victimized. They victimized us and are trying to victimize us again.

So the $20 a month won't break me across 4 lines ($80).
I'm not just going to roll over.
No I won't be leaving either, because where my wife works you either have Verizon or Sprint.
I don't want Sprint, at least not right now.

Nobody said that they were victimized. That's you saying that and creating a false argument to try and undermine their stance.

They aren't doing anything that everyone else isn't doing or are going to do...

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is the only site that I have these issues with, it's not my devices, be it laptop, PC, Tablet or smartphone. I think they are trying to get rid of me, in a subtle kind of way, like Verizon, LOL.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.