Verizon is Raising Prices on Grandfathered Unlimited Plans by $20

Status
Not open for further replies.

sampson.dk

Reaction score
Pity they've got the best coverage. I don't have or need unlimited data, so this latest action doesn't impact me, but they are, undoubtedly, not customer-friendly.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I have the best coverage with VZW. Many years ago, I didn't. I worked from home and couldn't get a reliable signal unless I left my subdivision, and when I called them, they sent a tech out to test my house and confirmed that the signal strength was too low, and so they let me out of my contract with no ETF.

Yea, I tried calling. 3 times over the years. Same thing every time:

"well, sir, for $250 we can sell you a repeater for your home....."

As VZW cracks down on people using lots of data, your response will be to use even more? hehe

Right? And he's like the 3rd person that said something similar. Ridiculous...

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
My answer to the rate increase is no more WiFi, I will burn through data like there is no tomorrow, it costs me $300+ a month between Verizon Fios and my wireless plan. Once my Fios plan is up, it will be terminated, TWC here I come.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
If you think that cable is better or cheaper, good luck. The first year it might be. The second year it'll be about the same. After that, buy lots of Vaseline...

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Pity they've got the best coverage. I don't have or need unlimited data, so this latest action doesn't impact me, but they are, undoubtedly, not customer-friendly.

Just to clarify... at the beginning you say that they have the best coverage, but then you finish with them not being customer friendly...

How does that make sense? They have the best coverage and the best network that money can buy. That's their purpose for being. They sell that network, which you acknowledge is superior, to their customers...

How is providing the best service not "customer friendly"...?

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I felt that your post kinda did that for me. I just pointed it out.

You obviously didn't read what I posted, you skimmed it, decided you didn't "like" it and responded in a crappy way.

I was polite, and laid out my entire argument in a logical manner...
I admit....I only skimmed it. What I got out of it was, you like to tell the table next to you that they're eating too much ribeye. Bwahahaha!
How bout those Dolphins? New head coach! Yeah booyeeee!

S5 tap'n

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea, I tried calling. 3 times over the years. Same thing every time:

"well, sir, for $250 we can sell you a repeater for your home....."

Right? And he's like the 3rd person that said something similar. Ridiculous...

But I am the goofball for pointing that out... LOL

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
I admit....I only skimmed it. What I got out of it was, you like to tell the table next to you that they're eating too much ribeye. Bwahahaha!
How bout those Dolphins? New head coach! Yeah booyeeee!

S5 tap'n

Haha.

Yeah, that's what I said. ;-)

Seeing people sneaking their 4 friends in to the all you can eat buffet, and then whining about it when they get caught or told to pay for them, is amusing to me, that's all...

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Re: Customer service. I actually don't get the "bad customer service" rap. Every time I've called I get someone who seems happy to try and help me and if the problem can get solved, it does. Every time I've worked with reps in the stores they are pleasant and efficient, if sometimes a little slow. I blame the process for that, not the reps.

I think what some people call "bad customer service" is more like "i simply did not get what I asked for" like a discount or some such thing. Did you call with a broken under warranty phone and they said "Sorry can't help you?"

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Haha.

Yeah, that's what I said. ;-)

Seeing people sneaking their 4 friends in to the all you can eat buffet, and then whining about it when they get caught or told to pay for them, is amusing to me, that's all...
LOL
Friends don't let friends eat buffets.... just sayin.

S5 tap'n

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Re: Customer service. I actually don't get the "bad customer service" rap. Every time I've called I get someone who seems happy to try and help me and if the problem can get solved, it does. Every time I've worked with reps in the stores they are pleasant and efficient, if sometimes a little slow. I blame the process for that, not the reps.

I think what some people call "bad customer service" is more like "i simply did not get what I asked for" like a discount or some such thing. Did you call with a broken under warranty phone and they said "Sorry can't help you?"
I agree, I've always received great customer service as well. Between that and their awesome coverage, I don't mind paying a bit extra.

S5 tap'n

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score

Especially when you take into account the context of this forum. This is the 1%. Probably a fraction of 1%. Half the people here that complain about bad service, are probably people that at some point over the years rooted and bricked their phone and tried to get it warranty replaced and were declined. LOL

sampson.dk

Reaction score
Just to clarify... at the beginning you say that they have the best coverage, but then you finish with them not being customer friendly...

How does that make sense? They have the best coverage and the best network that money can buy. That's their purpose for being. They sell that network, which you acknowledge is superior, to their customers...

How is providing the best service not "customer friendly"...?
You can have the best service, but if you take every opportunity to force customers into increasingly high rates, it is not customer-friendly. I hate the change in pricing structure which will undoubtedly cost way more.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Those are all "assumptions" Mr Squire sir. You can't "assume" people are doing one thing without actual proof. Just like you can't assume Verizon raised their rates because of data abuse. Even if every single person of that 1% was abusing their data, it still wouldn't be negatively impacting Verizon's network. It's about Verizon slowly pushing people off unlimited and into more expensive plans, in order to continue lining their pockets with cash. Plain and simple.
You know what they say about people who assume... exactly...that and it's pointless.

S5 tap'n

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just to make sure I understand you....

As VZW cracks down on people using lots of data, your response will be to use even more? hehe
I never went used more than 7 GB a month since I have had the UDP, once I used 10 GB, now my mindset had changed, like I said, I will burn through data like the Tasmanian Devil, and for the ones who don't have UDP, stop the winning, you guys want some cheese with the whine. I can just picture YOU UDP haters "because you lost it by going the subsidised route" jumping for joy, Verizon yes Verizon finally giving it to them, whoopee, LOL.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
You can have the best service, but if you take every opportunity to force customers into increasingly high rates, it is not customer-friendly. I hate the change in pricing structure which will undoubtedly cost way more.

Which cell phones carriers charge less today than they did 5 years ago?

Which car companies are selling cars cheaper than they were 5 or 10 years ago?

I see the cost of everything going up. I am a motorcycle fanatic, just purchased my 20th sportbike. The price of a new R1 is now $16k, where 10 years ago it was $10k. A 60% increase in 10 years, for the same model. Yeah, it's more HP and better suspension and faster, but unless you are Valentino Rossi, you probably won't be able to take real advantage of it.

It is what it is...

Status
Not open for further replies.