Verizon Unlimited Price Break Down.

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

There has been lots of excitement surrounding the announcement of Verizon's new unlimited data plans. Everyone wants to know exactly how the pricing structure will be with this. Verizon initially mentioned that they price would be $80 for a single line and $45 per line for four lines. While it is true that a single line will be a flat $80 it does not mean that two lines will be $160 and 3 lines would be $240 and that you would need to sign up for 4 lines to receive a discount as many have believed to be the case.

Verizon has verified that the pricing structure will be as follows.

-$80 flat rate for a single line
-$100 access fee plus $20 per line for more than one line
so two lines would be $120 and 4 lines would be $180

This is an "introductory" rate which has people screaming "well then what will the true price be when they decide to take the promo pricing away." All indications lead me to believe that introductory rate means this will be the rate at the introduction of the service. Verizon has not asterisked the rate or made any mention of a later price increase. That being said, the grandfathered unlimited data has slowly been raised over time. Of course Verizon may decided over the next few years to raise the cost over time.

One big difference with this plan vs plans from other carriers is that it includes HD video streaming. T-mobile automatically throttles video viewing to below HD. Verizon says they will provide video streaming at the resolution the provider sends it. They won't be manipulating their network to affect video streams at all. This is a huge plus. For me $120 vs the $199 I am currently paying may just be enough to get me off this old grandfathered unlimited plan.

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
so its an 80 flat rate for a single line what if she has large breasts is it more expensive? ok i thought it was funny. looking forward to reading the fine print tommorow, as on my grandfathered unlimited im stuck at 250 txt messages which i constantly go over so while i have an 81 dollar amonth plan it costs me 90-100 due to the overage, only use over 22 gigs when out camping and if i can get connection its not a congested tower, when there are a couple hundred thousand at glamis cant get much anyways :) but its verizon so i will read the fine print very closely.

kinfolk248

Reaction score
Would have been so much easier if vzw just said...

1 line = $_
2 lines = $_
3 lines = $_
4 lines = $_
All packages include ___...

Insineratehymn

Reaction score
Grandfathered user here, this is all very interesting. I wish Google Fiber would counter with a massive campaign ad to join their network.

Yes, I'm still dreaming of Google Fibers mobile future.

Rognish

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
rognish
I just checked and i won't be changing anything soon.
upload_2017-2-13_7-18-52.png
little did they tell you that going the unlimited way you loose your discount, I know my 8% is't much and it just covers the tax but it's something.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just checked and i won't be changing anything soon. View attachment 77230 little did they tell you that going the unlimited way you loose your discount, I know my 8% is't much and it just covers the tax but it's something.

So why do they list $15/GB data boost with the unlimited plan? I am on a grandfathered unlimited plan and the fine print on these new plans scares me. Almost seems like a way to get grandfathered users onto a plan that they can end at any moment.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Would have been so much easier if vzw just said...

1 line = $_
2 lines = $_
3 lines = $_
4 lines = $_
All packages include ___...

From what I can tell:

1 line = $130
2 lines = $150
3 lines = $170
4 lines = $190

Note: the discount is for Autopay which I NEVER let companies do.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I just checked and i won't be changing anything soon. View attachment 77230 little did they tell you that going the unlimited way you loose your discount, I know my 8% is't much and it just covers the tax but it's something.
Do you just have 2 lines? $110 before everything else is what they quoted me at too. We have 2 lines on the 8GB plan and don't go over. If the costs were closer and/or we could keep the discount from my wife's employer, I might go ahead and bump up. We always have at least 1GB of carry over data since switching to our current plan, so we don't NEED unlimited, but it'd be nice to go back to updating apps over mobile no matter what size they are. That's about the only thing that changed in my usage when I dropped my OG unlimited plan when the Note 4 came out.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Should've known we could count on @jackiescivic to break it down for us! Haha!
Lol, I'm slacking on this news. I didn't find out about it until yesterday just like the rest of you. It's very interesting though. I hope it's available for me soon.
I would imagine that anyone under the 2yr contract would be charged another $20 for the line, since the breakdown says $65 (without autopay) + $20 (line).

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
My question is, what's with the sudden push for the "Auto Pay" from Verizon? First was that 5 GB plan where you have to sign up for Auto Pay, and now the unlimited plan.

Sorry, I like being in control of my money and dispersing it when necessary. I don't want to run the risk of the money not being there when they go to collect and I end up being overdrawn or something.

Gremlin

Reaction score
We have unlimited data already for $24.99 however if net neutrality ends, have no idea how much that it is going to be..

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
This video felt like they were mocking Trump in the way they delivered it but it was an actual serious video.