Verizon is Raising Prices on Grandfathered Unlimited Plans by $20

Status
Not open for further replies.

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
In the end, why should some customers pay $30 for unlimited, while people are paying more than that for 10 or 12GB? If you were under a contract and entitled to it, go for it. But if your contract expired years ago, they have ZERO obligation to keep giving you that. You enjoy it month to month for as long as they feel it isn't worth the trouble to kick you off. If they see that other customers are paying a lot more and getting a lot less, and decide to bump your price up, that's their decision and frankly I don't see the problem with it.

Things that used to cost one price, today cost more. That's life. Cell phone bills are not this magical thing that are immune from this...

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've been around a long time.
Verizon is trying to figure out how to make more money.
When I had my Windows Mobile phone in 2007/8 Verizon made everyone that upgraded to a new phone take an "Unlimited Email and Web" plan for $29.99.
They claimed that using WiFi was not an option when I asked because it would interfere with the "Smartphone Experience".
Their words not mine. This was when If you were luck you could use 1GB a month on 1X then 3G.

So now fast forward a lot those folks that they bent over back then are now on unlimited because Verizon put us there or would not sell s a phone. Now their business model changes and they want us to go to WiFi or not use data.

This is exactly what I initially proposed I would do not to pay the $30 a month that I didn't need to pay.
Anyway, for now I'll stick around the increase doesn't matter for my finances.

Here is a question for maybe someone that has an unlimited plan from let's say 2010 or so, what does your unlimited charge look like on your bill?
Does it say unlimited 4G data or something like that?

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Here is a question for maybe someone that has an unlimited plan from let's say 2010 or so, what does your unlimited charge look like on your bill?
Does it say unlimited 4G data or something like that?
Email & Data Unlimited $29.99 Is what mine shows.

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score
Interesting so it specifically says "Data"?
Mine does not say that. Mine is an older plan and I think I will just keep what mine says to myself.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Interesting so it specifically says "Data"?
Mine does not say that. Mine is an older plan and I think I will just keep what mine says to myself.
Data package unlimited email was it said when I had a blackberry. I'm looking up older bills.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Alright tech_head I know what yours says. Just walked out to my truck to read my last statement.

So I'll just divulge your little secret..........not.

We must...We must...increase our boost

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
What secret? It's a data plan.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
The wording is different.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
My 2008 bill says - E-mail and Web for Smartphone. I'm still looking for my blackberry data plan.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
And someone started a scavenger hunt.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Not me. I just checked 3 random bills. All say different data plans.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
So they change the wording on the statements? Huh, now I must do some random checks. Honestly just checked an old filing cabinet. Only had Cingular statements in it.

Valvoline

Reaction score
FWIW, I'm in Law enforcement and my phone is vital in my day to day business practices. It is a 'NEED".
I am rooted, which gives me the option to thether, but i don't use it. I still use 30-40gb a month because i stream NFL games.
I'm on WIFI when i get home, my gf house, my gf parents house, my parents house and evereone else wifi if i have the password.
I am mad at the price increase, regardless of any argument BECAUSE it only affects 1% of people using UD. I am not abusing, illegal sharing or what have you. I'm on a plan they offered in a business contract and they're changing their terms. Can they do it? yes. Am i mad about it? Yes. Unlimited is 'unlimited', unless limited by TOS. Fooey. UD? more like CRUD. cap restricted unlimiterd data. Where's my vaseline?... i know i have it here somewhere. I'm a former xfinity customer after all ... :D

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Personally I hope a bunch of you jump ship. Because if not, then VZW might figure that means they can increase the price even more.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
What is the big deal about what dudes bill says? Spill it already...

Tap'n Turbo

Reactions: cr6
Status
Not open for further replies.