Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I thought they were trying to determine if it actually says "unlimited" on it. Mine does.

S5 tap'n

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Doesn't matter what it says. It could say "you have free data til you die". What am I going to do?
Call VZW and be like " well I know a guy that has a bill that says....."?
Seriously?
#MountainVsMoleHill

Tap'n Turbo

Reactions: cr6

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Doesn't matter what it says. It could say "you have free data til you die". What am I going to do?
Call VZW and be like " well I know a guy that has a bill that says....."?
Seriously?
#MountainVsMoleHill

Tap'n Turbo
I think it's a lot of this.

59693960.jpg

ariley

Reaction score
I stayed with Verizon mostly because of the unlimited data, as well. They tried to take it away on numerous occasions but I did have it. Luckily I'm still in contract.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
Email & Data Unlimited $29.99 Is what mine shows.
same here for the past 18 months.

Wait... I just read one from 2011 and it says this, verbatim

You have free unlimited data with tethering allowed for life, and the life of your children should you choose to pass this down to them. Thank you for being the best part of Verizon.

you guys should get on the phone with verizon. I can post a pic if you want it... but it's written in crayon, I swear it came in the mail that way.

Last edited:

Claps1775

Reaction score
There is a lot of money in data plans. Even cable TV providers are doing it now on there internet plans. I take it that they are loosing more money on us 1% with ud vs ones with out ud? I use it a lot and also for NFL. I do go on WiFi at home time to time. My plan works for me and financial wise too. I am going to call Big Red and ask. I told there if they take away my ud, I will no longer by a Big Red customer. This sure does feel like it. Man, I just bought a used phone off eBay and will get it Tuesday. Also, I am with the 10 plus years people who have been with Big Red. Not sure who I would go with really. Might not have a cell phone anymore.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Claps1775

Reaction score
Well, do some of us really need a cell phone? Extra $90 a month would be nice. My bill is $85 a month not NFL is free. 450 minutes and UD on everything else. Paying $105 plus for a phone is worth it? I can pay the extra but that will taken from something else to keep my phone.

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
FWIW, I'm in Law enforcement and my phone is vital in my day to day business practices. It is a 'NEED".
I am rooted, which gives me the option to thether, but i don't use it. I still use 30-40gb a month because i stream NFL games.
I'm on WIFI when i get home, my gf house, my gf parents house, my parents house and evereone else wifi if i have the password.
I am mad at the price increase, regardless of any argument BECAUSE it only affects 1% of people using UD. I am not abusing, illegal sharing or what have you. I'm on a plan they offered in a business contract and they're changing their terms. Can they do it? yes. Am i mad about it? Yes. Unlimited is 'unlimited', unless limited by TOS. Fooey. UD? more like CRUD. cap restricted unlimiterd data. Where's my vaseline?... i know i have it here somewhere. I'm a former xfinity customer after all ... :D

WHen did your last 2 year contract expire?

Claps1775

Reaction score
For me about 4 years ago.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Actually "Unlimited Data" or some variation.
My bill does not say that or any variation on that.
Now it's time for everyone to be quiet.
Well, as you can see: everyone really cares what your bill says. Ok. No one does.
Except me.
Simply because you won't say.
And then you tell us we need to be quiet? Really!
"Show me yours, and I'll show you mi... O wait. No, I won't"
Sorry man. Internet foul. You can't do that. Don't be jerkface.
Spill it, anonymous internet user.

Tap'n Turbo

Claps1775

Reaction score
I called Big Red and asked them about the price raise for us UD users. It is going to be happening and will be November. We should get emails and mail from then about this. Make sure we all give feed back. I asked her if are able to upgrade our phones and keep our UD. She said that with this change. We will be able to do the 24 month phone upgrade contract and pay each month and keep our UD. Really thinking about it. $50 for UD is still a sick deal but I believe it deals with keeping up with other companies and well, money too. I do not plan on leaving. Also will pay the extra for it. I did how ever for get to ask since I am a Vet and getting the Vet/military discount. If my plan would be under the government plan and not get this change. O well, I just have a feeling I will be using more data vs being on WiFi at home. At least they are as of right now not taking it away. I will not use the phone upgrade part of the change. Rather spend $100 on a good used phone. Then look at buying the one I want when its cheaper.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I was skimming through and I said this before, whether I access my data via phone, tablet, etc does not matter. The same data I use to load on my phone is the same on my tablet. It is ridiculous to have to pay for the same data twice and I made that same argument back during the Droid days. Yes I know we agreed to the terms when we sign our agreement. But the contract back when I bought my droid was different than now. In fact Verizon didn't know that the Droid could tether despite people telling them. Though I doubt any of you are still on the old Droid agreement, I still think it is ridiculous that I can be charged to tether. Especially when your shared data plans allow for "free tethering". Now I am not telling anyone to violate their agreements, I am just saying I view tethering like I do going 2-3 miles over the speed limit, eh yeah it's technically a violation but really it might as well not be.

To those upset about people using a lot of data....I have to say relax. Verizon knows what people on ud consume and likely took that in account when they raised their fees. If you are UD and you persevered then congratulations you get to keep what you earned. Those of us that left made our decision.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.