Verizon begins sending customers early upgrade promotions

GohanBurner

Reaction score
Did anybody catch that the new EARL TERMINATION FEE is now $350 if you switch to the Droid X early? Aside from the $150 it used to be with my Droid.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Did anybody catch that the new EARL TERMINATION FEE is now $350 if you switch to the Droid X early? Aside from the $150 it used to be with my Droid.

Its been that for a while now...,

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

JasonU

Reaction score
The new higher ETF went into effect a while back. My Droid is subject to the $350 ETF. It's not tied to specific phones, but to classes of phones (i.e., smartphones).

bitter

Reaction score
Talking about this number at the end of this video: YouTube - DROID X Verizon Text Video

and ironically i called the verizon customer service number and thats the guy that was finally able to help me not the *611 people, either i was lucky and got someone that was smart or the number dialed made the difference.

THAT did it! Thanks for posting with this info. I don't read all the Droid related blogs/forums, so I miss these things, but I called that 800 number a few minutes ago and got hooked up with a Droid X for the upgrade price!

I don't think they care whether you got the promo text/email or not, they just want to sell some phones.

The guy I spoke to said he was in the VZW marketing dept.

Glad it worked for you guys! I had no luck.

GohanBurner

Reaction score
Talking about this number at the end of this video: YouTube - DROID X Verizon Text Video

and ironically i called the verizon customer service number and thats the guy that was finally able to help me not the *611 people, either i was lucky and got someone that was smart or the number dialed made the difference.

THAT did it! Thanks for posting with this info. I don't read all the Droid related blogs/forums, so I miss these things, but I called that 800 number a few minutes ago and got hooked up with a Droid X for the upgrade price!

I don't think they care whether you got the promo text/email or not, they just want to sell some phones.

The guy I spoke to said he was in the VZW marketing dept.

Glad it worked for you guys! I had no luck.

Can someone please link me to the OP?

bitter

Reaction score
Emailed VZW for giggles and got a reply offering me a 35% discount on the phone. Now I am tempted.

bitter

Reaction score
WOW

I called the number in the youtube video once, whoever I spoke to pretty much told me to go pound sand. I called back 10 minutes later, got a nice dude who went to bat for me and got me the phone at the upgrade price. I bought the dock and some screen protectors (25% off) so the whole order only cost me $348.72 (before the rebate). I am in complete shock, and it really does depend on who you speak to. I thought it was a myth at first, but now I'm a believer.

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
Good luck to everybody who tries this today.

I'm specifically interested in stories from "average" customers who own the D1 on a single line plan. Give us your original date of purchase and tell us how the discussion went.

Also, has anybody had any luck doing a Bill To Account when calling this number?
I'm guessing not since the rebate takes it over the usual $250 limit.

Gonzo

Reaction score
I wish i got one i love my droid but the droid x looks friggin sweet!

Sent from my Droid

justinevan88

Reaction score
What are some of you saying when you call? Are you telling them you got the promo even if you didn't or just asking to upgrade?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

C

chrmbly

Persistence worked for me...

Newbie here. Only recently after starting a new job did I really feel the need to upgrade to a 'smartyphone'. Only about 9-10 months into a 2 yr contract family share for my wife and I. I called and, to be honest, expected that they'd simply do it since I wanted to up both my wife's and my lines to smartphones (DX for me, Bberry for her)... since, you know... they'd be getting an extra $60/month. As it seems to go, YMMV when dealing w/ Verizon reps. I called *611 for about 3 days in a row, as well as emails to customer service through the website. Gave them the whole spiel about how I needed email on both our phones since we started jobs (I was in grad school last time I upgraded, so smartphone wasn't really in the budget. Considering ending my contract early and going with another carrier... Longtime VZW and new FiOS customer, etc. etc.). Initially was offered getting a 'pre-owned' phone (remember when things were just used or refurbished... what is this a Lexus?), but options were pretty meager (Eris, Devour). Originally wanted to go with a refurb Droid as it was one of the options listed, but they were out of stock.

I think it basically depends on who you contact. They finally let me upgrade to a DX for the $199 after $100 mail in rebate and a similar deal for the BBerry (which I realized later I probably overpaid $100 for based on current pricing online) with a new 2 yr agreement. Either way, I'm happy to finally get a smartphone... DX arrives tomorrow! dancedroid