Verizon begins sending customers early upgrade promotions

cgaliffi

Reaction score
I've got 11 months to go. By then LTE should be available with LTE capable phones so I'll wait even if I could upgrade now. I've got my Dinc:blackdroid: and S2:blackberry: to keep me busy until then.

nerdkill

Reaction score
I've got 11 months to go. By then LTE should be available with LTE capable phones so I'll wait even if I could upgrade now. I've got my Dinc:blackdroid: and S2:blackberry: to keep me busy until then.

i have a few lines so i'll upgrade then too. the only thing i'm not looking forward to is tiered data. i'd rather stay on 3g unlimited then have a super fast data/money sucker.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've gone and played with the X at the store and honestly for $200 I'd just as soon keep my Droid. It's not all that much better.

JasonU

Reaction score
Talking about this number at the end of this video: YouTube - DROID X Verizon Text Video

and ironically i called the verizon customer service number and thats the guy that was finally able to help me not the *611 people, either i was lucky and got someone that was smart or the number dialed made the difference.

THAT did it! Thanks for posting with this info. I don't read all the Droid related blogs/forums, so I miss these things, but I called that 800 number a few minutes ago and got hooked up with a Droid X for the upgrade price!

I don't think they care whether you got the promo text/email or not, they just want to sell some phones.

The guy I spoke to said he was in the VZW marketing dept.

jmims

Reaction score
I'm trying that number right now. Been on hold waiting for a rep for about 15 minutes; not too sure if someone will answer at this point, but I figure if noone was/will I wouldn't be on hold. We'll see.

Cassdroid

Reaction score
moz-screenshot.png
moz-screenshot-1.png
moz-screenshot-2.png
moz-screenshot-3.png
GET YOUR HANDS ON A PHONE THAT
SHOOTS HD VIDEO, CONNECTS TO
YOUR FLAT SCREEN THROUGH HDMI
AND CAN SHOW YOU THE WORLD ON
THE BIGGEST PHONE SCREEN YOU
CAN FIND. LIMITED SUPPLIES. $299.99 2-YR CONTRACT PRICE -$100.00 INSTANT ONLINE DISCOUNT** $199.99 WITH NEW 2 YEAR RENEWAL
ON VOICE PLAN WITH DATA PACK
$ 29.99 OR HIGHER REQUIRED. CLICK verizonwireless.com VISIT Find Your Nearest Retail Location CALL 866-505-8960

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
My upgrade is not for another 14 months! But counting on an early upgrade in Q1.

What am I missing that everyone is so hyped to upgrade to the X? I think some of these people may regret that decision when the LTE phones come out in Q1. Of course, maybe most won't be seeing LTE anytime soon in their area and the superphones might be overkill.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
My upgrade is not for another 14 months! But counting on an early upgrade in Q1.

What am I missing that everyone is so hyped to upgrade to the X? I think some of these people may regret that decision when the LTE phones come out in Q1. Of course, maybe most won't be seeing LTE anytime soon in their area and the superphones might be overkill.

I agree. Though, the X is tempting, I think the D1 still outshines it in certain areas.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Honestly from what research I did on it all you're getting is a bigger screen on this thing. The resolution is the same as the Droid.

They are about just as heavy and the Droid doesn't have the motoblur crap on it.

I would just assume wait for a REAL jump in technology rather than a bigger screen with no other real advantages.

If I'm going to upgrade I want a faster processor, a much higher resolution like the IPhone 4 has now, and more memory. Also get rid of the hump and make it lighter.

There are no technological barriers to what I want - I bet something like that will be out by the end of the year - so I will wait for it.