TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Yay, I'm so glad it transferred! I'm hoping that applies to everyone

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I'm thinking it will only apply to promo data that people received from that same offer last year-where you had to buy a device using the device payment plan or you added a new line.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Just got done "chatting" with Verizon. I can, indeed, save over $100 a month if I switch to the 24GB plan. She suggested I do the family base for $4.99 a month so I can kinda control the youngest spawn's data usage. I priced out adding a phone for the oldest since his 4G isn't working -- ever, but that gave me a headache to try to follow. All the plans and variations on how to buy or add or whatever was a bit overwhelming LOL. Times sure have changed since the last time I dealt with a CSR from Verizon a few years ago..
I know it's a significant savings, but I am really nervous about giving up unlimited data... It's all going to go away someday, I'm sure, but do I do it now, or wait until some sort of really cool offer comes along?

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
The 2gb offer is"really cool". :D

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
I would have to add new phones to the plan to get the extra 2, Pere. We don't need new phones and I can't really justify buying them for the sake of getting extra GBs.... The money I would save, would be gobbled up in phone payments, plus more... I really can't afford to go the other direction. I'm looking for my bill to go down LOL
I do have a stray line I bought years ago that I will drop. It is a loaner flip phone in case anyone had an urgent phone issue. I don't even know where the dang phone is anymore LOL Haven't seen it in years... That's nearly $16 a month I am spending needlessly...

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Gotcha. Yea, that makes no sense. You can still save the $100, though? I'd still do it. Even without the safety plan thing extra gb's are only $15 I think if syndrome goes over. Someone will verify that in a few here. :D

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Yeah, I'm going to sleep on it tonight & see how I feel about it tomorrow. That whole going over texts several years ago is still too fresh in my head lol.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Gotcha. Yea, that makes no sense. You can still save the $100, though? I'd still do it. Even without the safety plan thing extra gb's are only $15 I think if syndrome goes over. Someone will verify that in a few here. :D

Yes, if you do go over your plan it's $15 for 1 extra GB. Thats if you don't have the new Safety Switch turned On. You can also use their app...or call and switch to the larger plan before you go over. Then it's only $20 more but you get 4 more GB, or whatever the difference is between your current plan and the next larger one. Then switch back to your current plan when you pay your bill. It takes about 30 seconds to switch between plans with their newest app update.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Yeah, I'm going to sleep on it tonight & see how I feel about it tomorrow. That whole going over texts several years ago is still too fresh in my head lol.

$1200 a year savings is hard to deny.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I saved $72 a month last November when I switched to the new style plans. It was not an easy decision, but $72 a month is hard to pass up, when I really wasn't a heavy data user to begin with. And I got two Turbo 2's for only $380 in the process. In a few months my bill will go down another $40. It has worked out good for me. If I would have activated my Turbo 2 one day sooner I would have the extra 2GB every month for life.

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes, if you do go over ................you can also use their app...or call and switch to the larger plan before you go over............

I would highly recommend calling ONLY. I had a son going over a couple years ago, and I switched up to the next higher plan online.
They did not make the switch until the next day (new plan month), then charged for the overage, and would not budge on it, even after calling in to explain.
They told us to always call for these type of changes.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I would highly recommend calling ONLY. I had a son going over a couple years ago, and switched up to the next higher plan online.
They did not make the switch until the next day (new plan month), then charged for the overage, and would not budge on it, even after calling in to explain.

Excellent advice!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I would highly recommend calling ONLY. I had a son going over a couple years ago, and switched up to the next higher plan online.

I agree wholeheartedly. I never make plan changes online. I call *611 or 800-922-0204. Any changes they do take effect immediately and if there's ever an error that causes extra charges you can call and there will be noted on the system to prove you made the changes on time.

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Ahhhh, the voices of reason on here! I love this place!
I'm still going to sleep on it and that'll give me time to break the news to the youngest that he's going to be chained down to a set amount of data. I am also going to watch the plan for a couple of months and their payments for their allotments will be set by the percentage of data they use each month. Seems fair to me.
If it were just my husband and me, 8GB would be more than enough. The remaining data I'm buying it for the boyz on the plan.
I will open the option to get new phones for anyone wanting to upgrade what they have, but they are on their own for paying whatever extra that adds to the bill. Me? I'm just sitting back happy as a clam with my new-to-me T2 I was pushed to get when I dropped my MAXX :cool:
Thanks again, everyone! The amount of help I get when I log into this place is priceless!

Caesars

Reaction score
Loving my unlimited data on Tmobile :), good for the Verizon customers though, any extra data is good data.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk