Verizon Brings Back the "2GB Bonus Data for Life" Promo

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
verizon-chrome-sign.jpg

Never let it be said that Verizon doesn't change things up for their customers. One week they are irritating consumers by charging more money or nudging people away from UDP, the next they are offering an olive branch of decent value. Big Red is kicking off a new promo which is really just a resurrection of an old promo. This offer is the "2GB Bonus Data for Life" offer.

Here are the details with a brief FAQ:

"Beginning today, we are bringing back one of our most exciting offers: The 2 GB Bonus data for life promotion!!!

Customers who upgrade or add a line (Installment Billing only) on the New Verizon Plan Large (8 GB) or higher will receive an extra 2 GB of shared data for life! Here are some FAQ’s regarding this promotion:

· Can a customer receive bonus data on multiple lines?

o Yes, they receive 2 GB for every line that upgrade or add a line on Installment Billing meaning a customer that upgrades four lines would receive 8 bonus GB’s

· Does this offer stack with existing sales offers (iPhone BOGO, $100 off of Installment Billing etc…)

o Yes! This offer does stack

· If a customer were to get enough bonus data to put them at a XL plan, would they get safety mode and Canada/Mexico roaming for free?

o No, customers must be on the new XL plan or higher to receive these benefits. They may still opt into these features for an additional cost

· Will a customer’s bonus data be considered Carryover Data as well?

o No, only plan data carries over to the next billing cycle for a customer

· Can a customer on the old Verizon Plan receive this offer?

o No, only the New Verizon Plan, Large and higher, qualifies for this offer. Use this as a great incentive to switch your customers over!

· If a customer is on a plan that does not qualify for the bonus data offer, processes an upgrade and changes their plan after, will they receive the offer?

o No, you must switch the plan before processing the upgrade to qualify the customer

· If a customer upgrades on a qualifying plan, receives the bonus data, and then decides to switch to another plan that still qualifies for bonus data, will they retain the offer?

o Yes! As long as the plan stays at Large or higher on the New Verizon pricing structure, they can move between price points and retain their bonus data.

As of now, we have no end date for this promotion, but it will be limited. "

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
When AT&T did this (sort of as I got "double data for same price promotion) to my plan they didn't have rollover data yet but when they added rollover it includes my bonus data. Since I use little data, every month I pay for 1GB and have almost 4GB as an allotment.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
Do I have to have an upgrade??

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

GAstorino

Reaction score
I need to figure this out. I have an UDP grandfathered in but at max I only use about 3-4 GB currently on my phone. I pay around $110 or so for this plan and not sure what a switch would do for me as I do use Pandora and occasionally Netflix.

duxdad

Reaction score
verizon-chrome-sign.jpg

Never let it be said that Verizon doesn't change things up for their customers. One week they are irritating consumers by charging more money or nudging people away from UDP, the next they are offering an olive branch of decent value. Big Red is kicking off a new promo which is really just a resurrection of an old promo. This offer is the "2GB Bonus Data for Life" offer.

Here are the details with a brief FAQ:

"Beginning today, we are bringing back one of our most exciting offers: The 2 GB Bonus data for life promotion!!!

Customers who upgrade or add a line (Installment Billing only) on the New Verizon Plan Large (8 GB) or higher will receive an extra 2 GB of shared data for life! Here are some FAQ’s regarding this promotion:

· Can a customer receive bonus data on multiple lines?

o Yes, they receive 2 GB for every line that upgrade or add a line on Installment Billing meaning a customer that upgrades four lines would receive 8 bonus GB’s

· Does this offer stack with existing sales offers (iPhone BOGO, $100 off of Installment Billing etc…)

o Yes! This offer does stack

· If a customer were to get enough bonus data to put them at a XL plan, would they get safety mode and Canada/Mexico roaming for free?

o No, customers must be on the new XL plan or higher to receive these benefits. They may still opt into these features for an additional cost

· Will a customer’s bonus data be considered Carryover Data as well?

o No, only plan data carries over to the next billing cycle for a customer

· Can a customer on the old Verizon Plan receive this offer?

o No, only the New Verizon Plan, Large and higher, qualifies for this offer. Use this as a great incentive to switch your customers over!

· If a customer is on a plan that does not qualify for the bonus data offer, processes an upgrade and changes their plan after, will they receive the offer?

o No, you must switch the plan before processing the upgrade to qualify the customer

· If a customer upgrades on a qualifying plan, receives the bonus data, and then decides to switch to another plan that still qualifies for bonus data, will they retain the offer?

o Yes! As long as the plan stays at Large or higher on the New Verizon pricing structure, they can move between price points and retain their bonus data.

As of now, we have no end date for this promotion, but it will be limited. "

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
For me as of tomorrow, no more Verizon UDP, no more Motorola MotoX on to Nexus
Sorry you are leaving but I hope you land in a place that makes you happy and serves your cellular needs well.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Damn them, they might just make me jump off my UDP for this.
I'm with you on that. For me, this would give me 28GB (24 that can "Carry Over"), and two brand new phones at subsidized pricing, all for $60/month less than my UDP with an average 8.5GB/month consumption. Will I pull the trigger? Maybe. I won't do it until the price of the Z Force drops and they match the Best Buy free JVC Mod offer, but yeah...this would be better than a sideways move IMHO, and I think this could be a game changer for many who are still holding onto UDP.

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
Aren't subsidized (contract pricing) plans gone now??

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk