[HACKS] UPDATED Droid RAZR Utility [WINDOWS]

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR Hacks' started by mattlgroff, Feb 14, 2012.

1. monkey_man

monkey_man Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there!

I used to root my OG Droid, but can't call myself an expert as mod things from OEM still gives me chill of ruining things. I have few questions before I jump into things. Thanks in advance!
    1. Is this program with all of the steps to root Razr all be done while razr connected to PC? So phone will need be in charge only mode and debugging mode enabled?

2. What is fastboot? is this a step for when something going wrong in the rooting process? (through self-experiment this is the same as entering recovery mode :icon_ lala:)

3. What's the difference between bootstrap and safestrap (Why is this one for expert?)

4. I have a brand new Maxx with 2.3.5 and sys version .748 . The system updates keep on screaming at me to install OTA .173. What should I do here? Should I install offical OTA updates first then do the following steps #5 backup into bootstrap, #15 Wipe dalvik cache, #2 Root .173(2.3.6) , #4 Voodoo rootkeeper, and then do #17 reboot phone?

5. Once I plug the phone to USB I just go ahead use the program and it will automatically configure the phone or I must go to recovery mode first (power+vol down), then I connect the phone to PC?

6. Lastly, how to get into AP fastboot mode? (I got this from self-experiment :biggrin:) but why it says device locked status 0 mean?

Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
  2. mattlgroff

mattlgroff Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    I hope that answers them all.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
  3. monkey_man

monkey_man Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Amazing Responses m8... thanks a million! So much better and simpler that I don't need to do backup, wipe dalvik cache, nor install voodoo rootkeeper anymore. DancingNexus

4. mattlgroff

Ratings:
    +0
    Voodoo can still be useful for the next update... and then ICS lol

5. FoxKat

FoxKat Resident Novelist...LOL! Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,725
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo, and Nexus 6!
    I appreciate the patch to allow fastbooting without erasing the internal SD Card. I haven't installed it yet but hope it gives you the option to erase if you still do desire.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2012
  6. cnero1987

cnero1987 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I previously had my razr rooted but lost it with the new update to 173. I am trying to reroot using the utility, which shows the root is successful but superuser will not grant access to bootstrap or the root keeper app. I also have tried to check for root using command prompts "su whoami" and that is denied as well. Any ideas??

7. mattlgroff

Ratings:
    +0
    Should have used OTA rootkeeper....
    My idea is to restore directly to 6.12.173 with my utility then reroot as stock.

8. cnero1987

cnero1987 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    that worked with no problems...thanks for your help and for such a quick response! this utility is awesome!

9. monkey_man

monkey_man Member

Ratings:
    +0
    What to do with bootsrap recovery? There are 2 options which to pick and what to do with them? How to uninstall bootstrap? Thanks for the help.

10. mattlgroff

Ratings:
    +0
  11. monkey_man

monkey_man Member

Ratings:
    +0
    For crying out loud! :blink: So many new terms that is basically mean the same thing with a little adjustment (thank you Google search and many open forums) or perhaps my thinking was wrong. So, Unlike OG Droid where installing clockword Mod Recovery meant that it replaces the SP recovery from the phone in order to change ROMS via ROM manager as an example. In order to regain SP recovery/SBF I have to use rsd lite. In this case I can just uninstall Bootstrap any time I want and still rooted without knowing that I am using Clockwork Mod Recovery as it runs side by side with stock recovery. I can just uninstall bootstrap.apk and then install safestrap using your tools just like that then?

Edit: hahaha Matt just as I typed this, I read your post above me.

12. mattlgroff

Ratings:
    +0
    Teehee.
    We cannot install "true" CWM like you could on the OG Droid. Only methods to boot into it. Never replaces stock Motorola recovery.
    Also, they don't use SBF anymore.

13. mlo0352

mlo0352 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If I understand the whole AP Fastboot thing and this utility (which I'm very grateful for!), after doing option 1, I should have a "like new" stock phone, right? The weird thing is, I've done this twice now (once using your 1.31 a couple weeks ago) and again, just now with the 1.41 (I actually tried 1.40 before that but it wouldn't start even). I still have my previous state. This is odd. (Here is a description of my problem: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-support/198091-huge-pile-problems.html). People have been recommending RSD Lite and your utility, but while RSD never even started, yours hasn't done the trick. Have I broken something irreparable? I can't imagine that's even possible, haha. I'd be super grateful for any help anybody could provide on this issue. It's driving me crazy...

14. W1ngNut

W1ngNut New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just wanted to add my HUGE THANK YOU! I tried another way of restoring to stock ROM and got into a boot loop. Your program worked simply amazing and I'm back in business. Will make sure I backup THIS time. Thanks again.

15. cereal killer

cereal killer DF Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +932
    Current Phone Model:
    Nokia Lumia Icon
    We are going to feature this utility in our next Newsletter (due out at the end of the month)

Search tags for this page

droid razr utility

droid razr utility 1.42 download
droid razr utility 1.51 download
droid razr utility download
droid razr utility xt910
droidrazrutility
infopreflash validation failure
preflash validation failed
preflash validation faliure razr m
razricsbootstrap.apk