[TOOLS] DROID RAZR Utility XT912 Jellybean -- Windows + Mac + Linux (All In One!)

mr2nr

Reaction score
So I have a XT912 and was using Eclipse Safestrapped and all. I was getting erroneous reboot problems and decided to change ROMS. I used Matts X912 Jellybean Utility and it took the data wipe option 1. I re flashed it like 4 times now and even rooted the phone using the utility but to no avail. I also reinstalled the Motorola Drivers on my 32bit Windows 7 machine. I do not have access to a 64bit till Next week ugh.

It's working but only barely as when it boots up into Jelly bean 1/4 of the screen is black and white stripes. It also throws some of the screen to the top right. If I swipe it clears up but I cannot use the phone like this. When I push the power button it goes to sleep it is very slow. Any ideas? Similar problems?

Im looking for an independent XT912 Jellybean ROM or any rom that will work lol but would like the same ROM my wife has on her MAXX but is there anything I can do to clear the phone other than clearing the data and cache? It apparently wasn't enough. Should I have gone to stock before I tried this? Anyways thanks for any help in advance. I know it's something simple I just don't flash very much and it's different on every phone :).

jpty01

Reaction score
I have just received a XT912 from a retailer on ebay and have it working with Verizon wireless. The issue I am having is the Android version is 2.3.5 system version is 6.11.910.XT912Verizon.en.us and when I try to do a system update the message comes back "your device is up to date no update necessary at this time". I contacted Motorola and they show that my device is already updated to jelly bean. They tried to push an update to me but it has not worked. My question is if I root my phone will this tool let me install JB directly from my version.
Thanks

unholydoragon

Reaction score
This is for everyone who modified their Smart Actions and is having trouble with Option 3 of rooting with RazrBlade:

I modified and use Smart Actions heavily, so the BatterySaver option was not there for me at first. What I did was I had to disable all my SmartActions, then press the + button on the top right and add BatterSaver manually. This allowed me to root. My Smart actions version is 4.2.2.4.2. I updated to JellyBean via option 2, so I did not have my data wiped.
Video for reference:
[video=youtube;bzyu2qz8L6U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzyu2qz8L6U[/video]

Preston3050

Reaction score
Can anyone help me with something? My phone was working perfectly before I ran this, but now it has these grey bars http://i.snag.gy/YziE0.jpg and really the phone is unuseable. These don't appear in the boot menu, so I think it's a software issue. Nothing like this has every happened to my phone before. Has anyone seen this type of problem before?

tpfareavip

Reaction score
Fully stock. Pulled OTA update that failed to install but keep getting this error when I try and recover from SD. Have wiped cache various times.

assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/bin/battd","b4552f25e022fdf6d3e2ec18a9f51f5548ea20b1", "c7f821ff5aca3600e9f522e50988aebc40c8031c")
E: error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(status7)

I want to keep my original Rom and update without changing it. Any Ideas?

apl3

Reaction score
Is option 2 safer than option one? I am running the leaked version so I need to upgrade to the real version of JB.

iHackDifferent

Reaction score
Hey I am trying to run your program, it seems like it working like norml but I'm getting a infopreflash failure error. Any idea what im doing wrong? when the program is done it boots back to ap flashboot and says (recipe failure)

GotnFX

Reaction score
Hey I am trying to run your program, it seems like it working like norml but I'm getting a infopreflash failure error. Any idea what im doing wrong? when the program is done it boots back to ap flashboot and says (recipe failure)

Did you get this error running option 1? Is your phone a Verizon phone?

iHackDifferent

Reaction score
Did you get this error running option 1? Is your phone a Verizon phone?

Yes I got that with both Options. I honestly have no idea if its Verizon or not. It does not say Verizon on the bottom of the digitizer. I bought the phone in a BootLoop wasnt able to pull the info. I honestly didn't think to ask the guy if it was Verizon, as I thought The RAZR was a Verizon only brand.

GotnFX

Reaction score
Yes I got that with both Options. I honestly have no idea if its Verizon or not. It does not say Verizon on the bottom of the digitizer. I bought the phone in a BootLoop wasnt able to pull the info. I honestly didn't think to ask the guy if it was Verizon, as I thought The RAZR was a Verizon only brand.

What about the back if the phone? Unless it rubbed off, below the "M" it should say 4Glte and Verizon.. I know there is a GSM international version of the RZR but I am not sure what decals are on the phone. I've also flashed a GSM ROM by accident, but it still booted up..I just couldn't get any reception. So I am assuming if you flashed a US ROM to a International phone, the same thing would happen. Again, make sure it is a Moto Razr. These ROMs shouldn't matter if it is a Maxx or a regular RAZR. They are the same phone except for the battery size.

redrat302

Reaction score
I was hoping someone can help me. I followed Matt’s instructions on flashing the December JB leak with root. It worked great since January until a couple weeks ago…I’m not sure what happened but I lost the LTE part of my Baseband. I tried following someone’s instructions which included using RSD to flash an older ROM (was supposed to correct my baseband). …ended up bricking my Razr. I managed to restore to stock JB using the latest droid utility at this link: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...2-jellybean-windows-mac-linux-all-in-one.html using option 1….still missing LTE in my baseband. I’ve been trying to figure this out for a couple weeks. Does anyone have any ideas?

Currently:

System version
98.72.16.xt912

Android version

Baseband version
CDMA_N_05.21.00r

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

HowD

Reaction score
Vehicle Mode/Docking Mode Gone?

Hello.

Ever since flashing my RAZR (XT912) both the vehicle mode and the docking station mode do not launch automatically. In fact, the only way I can get vehicle mode is by using a 3rd party app ("Car Mode") to launch it. However, the phone will not exit vehicle unless I turn the phone off and back on.

I have posted elsewhere asking about this but have not received any explanations or useful information.
Here is my configuration information if that would be of any help:

System version:
98.72.16.XT912.Verizon.en.US

Model number:
DROID RAZR

Android version:

Baseband version:
CDMA_N_05.21.00R LTEDC_U_09.1D.00

Webtop version:
wt-3.0.0

Kernel version:
3.0.8-gbacb1cf
hudsoncm@il93lnxdroid80 #1
SMP PREEMPT Fri Feb 1 20:59:31 CST 2013

Build number
9.8.20-72_VZW-16

Build date:
Fri Feb 1 20:37:25 CST 2013

If I'm not mistaken, I'm stuck at 4.1.2 because of the Main Secure Version is now set at 05, meaning no ability to downgrade. Is there anything I can do to get the phone back to a "brand new" state with the full functionality?

Thanks in advance for any assistance you may be able to provide.

omak42vd

Reaction score
Matt, once again, great work!

However; You should probably tell people that this utility doesn't work if the phone is plugged into a USB 3.0 port. Took me a few minutes to figure that out.

This comment helped me out tremendously!!!! I kept having problems with running the utility, so once I read this, I plugged it into a different USB port and away it went!

CrAcKRaZr

Reaction score
downloaded extracted to desktop followed the instructions it stays stuck "waiting for device" im on crunchbang linux
and up to now in the process it has not asked me for my sudo pw

Last edited:

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
downloaded extracted to desktop followed the instructions it stays stuck "waiting for device" im on crunchbang linux
and up to now in the process it has not asked me for my sudo pw

generally speaking (pc os aside) i would think either the phone is not in ap fastboot or you are missing the driver in your pc.