[TOOLS] DROID RAZR Utility XT912 Jellybean -- Windows + Mac + Linux (All In One!)

GotnFX

Reaction score
generally speaking (pc os aside) i would think either the phone is not in ap fastboot or you are missing the driver in your pc.

Another thing is make sure you are using the original USB cord and to try a different USB Port. Unknown sources checked? I can't remember if it is needed as well...

CrAcKRaZr

Reaction score
still nothing. went into ap fastboot did option 1. after that was all done i went into ap fast boot again and did option 3 and still stays stuck waiting for device...
would it make a difference that this xt912 was sent to me like 3 days ago by motorola?
suppose ill try it from a windows pc later

Did it from a windows pc , all is well. Thank you op for the tool

Last edited:

Travism58

Reaction score
so I installed the holiday jellybean leak for my droid razr maxx last January and then rooted and installed jellyhaters rom using safestrap. accidently updated phone while running JH rom and while trying to fix accidently deleted stock rom on safestrap. have been running on JH rom in rom slot 2 for past few months and figure id try and get stock rom back on phone. im not really worried about losing anything on my phone but wouldn't mind keeping it to save time redownloading, so should use option 2 or would option 1 be better choice?

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
so I installed the holiday jellybean leak for my droid razr maxx last January and then rooted and installed jellyhaters rom using safestrap. accidently updated phone while running JH rom and while trying to fix accidently deleted stock rom on safestrap. have been running on JH rom in rom slot 2 for past few months and figure id try and get stock rom back on phone. im not really worried about losing anything on my phone but wouldn't mind keeping it to save time redownloading, so should use option 2 or would option 1 be better choice?

you need to wipe data if coming from a custom rom.

trojan28

Reaction score
im so sorry if my question so useless, just wanna ensure that droid razr must be running on JB or ICS for running this utillity, because this "1. Flash Official Jellybean Firmware (Wipe Data)"?

thx.

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
this utility will flash jellybean onto your device, which should already have jellybean on it.
option 1 is preferred.

rynoman03

Reaction score
Wow I missed the part or skimmed over the part where you have to put the phone into Debugging MTP mode. I just had it in standard Debugging... Now I have root! Thanks Folks!

dja1980

Reaction score
I seem to be having a problem with step #3. I've tried starting fresh with step #1 a total of 4 times now, and everything goes smoothly until after the "Battery Saver" step. At that point, the procedure continues, but I get "0 bytes in xxxxxxx.xxs". Superuser is installed and it grants permission to the Wireless Tether app, but then I get a message stating Tethering started with errors.

I followed all the directions to a Tee (unless I'm reading something wrong)... file unzipped to desktop, drivers installed, USB Debugging set, USB MTP mode set. I've been rooting since the OG Droid, and this is the first time I've run into an issue. The only thing I can think of at this point is to try a different computer. I've attached a screenshot... any advice would be greatly appreciated!

GotnFX

Reaction score
I seem to be having a problem with step #3. I've tried starting fresh with step #1 a total of 4 times now, and everything goes smoothly until after the "Battery Saver" step. At that point, the procedure continues, but I get "0 bytes in xxxxxxx.xxs". Superuser is installed and it grants permission to the Wireless Tether app, but then I get a message stating Tethering started with errors.

I followed all the directions to a Tee (unless I'm reading something wrong)... file unzipped to desktop, drivers installed, USB Debugging set, USB MTP mode set. I've been rooting since the OG Droid, and this is the first time I've run into an issue. The only thing I can think of at this point is to try a different computer. I've attached a screenshot... any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Do you have any SmartActions active? If so, clear it all out. Smart Action has to be a clean slate. That's the only thing I can think of..

dja1980

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply! I started from scratch again last night using my home computer, and I got through step 3 flawlessly this time. Unfortunately, I'm still have problems with the Wireless Tether app, so it appears that the 2 issues are unrelated. I did a little more homework this morning, and it appears that this app no longer works on the Razr (according to the Play Store reviews related only to Razr). I don't use it often, but I'll have to do a little more research to find a good alternative since this is the primary reason I root.

Skiddz

Reaction score
Finally found time to perform the update and it worked flawlessly ("beer money" headed your way Matt!) but I have a couple small issues. The root hack seemingly worked. WiFi hotspot and tethering both work and all my "root required" apps work save one; Titanium Backup. It loads fine, doesn't spit out any errors until about 3/4 of the way through a full backup, then it complains it doesn't have root access and can't continue. Superuser had an Allow rule for TB but I went ahead and deleted it and let Superuser create a new one with my next TB launch. No change.

Uninstalled TB, rebooted the phone and reinstalled. Same issue as described above. Tried a new backup location (both internal and external) with the same results. I did not do the data wipe install (mainly out of laziness.. hehehe) but am thinking I'd like to do so in the near future.... *IF* I can get a backup done.

Safestrap installed ok, and I can install recovery, but Safe System is not active. Thinking this may just be my very limited knowledge of how SS works...

Last issue is the screen brightness. With ICS, I left it on Auto and it worked pretty well. Auto under JB leaves the screen VERY dim most of the time... Any way to tweak the default auto setting a bit?

Other than that, I'm very satisfied. Phone used to eat 80% of the battery between morning when it came off the charger and bedtime. Last night, the battery was at 70% at bedtime. Me gusto!

Last edited: