[HACKS] UPDATED Droid RAZR Utility [WINDOWS]

xer0derm

Reaction score
If I understand the whole AP Fastboot thing and this utility (which I'm very grateful for!), after doing option 1, I should have a "like new" stock phone, right? The weird thing is, I've done this twice now (once using your 1.31 a couple weeks ago) and again, just now with the 1.41 (I actually tried 1.40 before that but it wouldn't start even). I still have my previous state. This is odd. (Here is a description of my problem: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-support/198091-huge-pile-problems.html). People have been recommending RSD Lite and your utility, but while RSD never even started, yours hasn't done the trick. Have I broken something irreparable? I can't imagine that's even possible, haha. I'd be super grateful for any help anybody could provide on this issue. It's driving me crazy...

I have a similar problem as well. I am able to get in and run option 1. All of the files seem to get sent over except for a few fails in the beginning. Then the phone reboots and winds up with a triangle with an exclamation point. When I reboot from there, I just wind up going to back to the same OS I was running before. It's as if nothing changed.

monkey_man

Reaction score
This is the instruction from first page of this OP: " After fastboot it will show a "triangle" where you press both volume keys to bypass it. Then choose "wipe cache" then reboot." I hope this is the solution for both mlo and Xer0derm. If this method actually works than that would be a good thing to follow for other people... Like me in the future :icon_ lala:

xer0derm

Reaction score
Yep, I tried that too. No luck.

I think I may have contracted a virus of some kind. For the life of me, I can't figure out why else I can't format.

monkey_man

Reaction score
Virus :frown:. I know that the Doomlord Root Method that is available on this site for those with 2.3.5 phones contain linux trojan. From personal experience that can messed phone really bad. I had the same exact exploit on my OG Droid where I need to do RSD Lite. Thankfully the process worked well. The program used by the original OP didn't contain any bad jujubes while I scanned it. Great Programs! I wonder if the Voodoo Root Protector can be the case of phones having hard time to use the fastboot? I don't know if Users need to unroot first before proceeding with option #1.

mlo0352

Reaction score
This is the instruction from first page of this OP: " After fastboot it will show a "triangle" where you press both volume keys to bypass it. Then choose "wipe cache" then reboot." I hope this is the solution for both mlo and Xer0derm. If this method actually works than that would be a good thing to follow for other people... Like me in the future :icon_ lala:

Nah, I've done that every time. It's definitely not working. I did consider the possiblity of it being a virus, but I thought those were myths. Do they really exist? In any case, I feel like flashing should fix the problem...

steven6282

Reaction score
Hello,
I've successfully rooted my razr maxx. I'm wondering if anyone can tell me now how I can get rid of some of the bloatware that came preinstalled on the phone? I've read in another post where someone made a list of programs that were safe to remove, but I don't see anywhere on how to go about removing the ones that don't have an uninstall option.

Also one other thing, I made a new post about this but didn't get a lot of responses so still having problems. After rooting I installed Wifi Tether for Root, and tried using it. When I start the tether it will also start the built in Tethering and Hotspot program. Everything works fine for a few minutes, but after a few minutes the Tethering and Hotspot program will close itself and when it does I lose internet on anything connected to the phone (although they appear to still be connected to the phone). Any idea what could be causing this and how I can fix it? Tethering is a very important aspect of rooting for me, I use it on a daily basis.

Thanks!

jimd1050

Reaction score
Now I know I'm getting OLD!

I just sat here and read all 7 pages of the very detailed and well documented information. A few years ago when I was a Blackberry user, I did this stuff to my phone every time a new "Leak" appeared. I switched to Droid just over 2 years ago and have apparently been too busy to get caught up in the "Need for Speed, etc." I just got a new Razr Maxx 2 weeks ago - after reading the seven pages, I'm going to bed and waiting for Verizon to send me my next upgrade - I've definitely gotten too old for this stuff!!! Have fun folks - and great writing mattlgroff! I'm in the Medical Electronics field and I'm really impressed with the service you provide on here. Keep up the great work...

:hail:

Regards,

Jim D
Senior Diagnostic Imaging Engineer
###### Hospital Group
######, MA

monkey_man

Reaction score
:D To be honest with you there is actually no reason to root anymore as many things can be achieve without one, unlike before. The only programs that I still miss from rooting is actually adsfree and Overclocking. So far tho, this Maxx phone is a beast! Maybe I'll benefit from this in the next few years! Rooting for me is just making me a non Status Quo dancedroid. Programs that I backed up and deleted are Blockbusters, Madden and let's golf (Trial Games anyways). The rest I would just use third party home and hide them. Plus I read in this website that you can have trouble with future OTA, so many recommended to freeze these apps instead. In contrast to my Bionics, Maxx has a lower internal memory available but it's still plenty enough as no .apk can hog that much space! This is the experience I had back in the day with OG Droid where I screamed when I looked at Flash and Map.apk.

Just try Foxfi, it is free and eligible to use for basic and rooted phone. The only thing I had with that issue is if you are tethering too long or doing heavy data transfers (HD Movies or sites that can only be accessed via PC) The upper phone would be warmer than normal where either 1. The apps force close and losing data where you can either restart the phone or reactivate 4g. or 2. The phone would reboot itself. Just give it air :biggrin: or use wifi.

mlo0352

Reaction score
So, is there any way I can use this app to completely wipe the phone and then flash the stock ROM? Is that what it's supposed to do? I've done it 4 times now to no avail. I have no idea what the heck could be wrong with the phone. Now, when I open the camera, it force closes, reboots, and upon booting I am faced with an error about inconsistent UIDs, and that error can't be gotten rid of, so I have to force-reboot. Of course during this time my phone is reverted to its previous broken state. UGH.

marvinight

Reaction score
not working

i had a rooted 2.3.5 with unknowingly updated to 2.3.6 and it lost root access. option 2 does not give the root back when i try running apps it says super user denied i did install the latest drier updates i used this app ver 1.4 and 1.41 and neither work both do the same what options do i have to reroot or restore to 2.3.5. any help would be greatly appreciated!

Wateva

Reaction score
mattlgroff, I have a GSM Droid Razr and zergRush V2 works on it for root. It works, also, on the VRZ Razr too.. Why not add that to the list? :)

Just FYI.

Last edited:

muddychief

Reaction score
Droid RAZR Utility 1.41

I just read about this utility in the news letter and I would like to install the ICS leak. I cannot discern from the description and thread how to do this.

It appears that item #9 might be the right choice, but I cannot tell if that would also install the leak or just root my phone for me to find and install the leak myself later?

Sorry for the dumb noob question. any help would be appreciated. I would love to get ICS on my phone.

Muddy

EuroDriver

Reaction score
Absolutely awesome - many, many kudos! A little counter-intuitive at first, because it wasn't clear to me that the first download link is the patch, and the second one is the actual utility. So I downloaded the patch, which when run by itself would bring up the command prompt window but nothing would happen, lol! Nevertheless, got it figured out.

More than happy to send something your way, but the 'Donate' link is not working...

:yr1:

OP
mattlgroff

mattlgroff

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Absolutely awesome - many, many kudos! A little counter-intuitive at first, because it wasn't clear to me that the first download link is the patch, and the second one is the actual utility. So I downloaded the patch, which when run by itself would bring up the command prompt window but nothing would happen, lol! Nevertheless, got it figured out.More than happy to send something your way, but the 'Donate' link is not working...:yr1:
Glad you got that figured out. I am updated the OP now with my 1.42 utility that requires no patch.Donate link is in the text next to the donate picture (DroidForums is weird when it comes to making pictures links)And to answer someone's ICS leak question, that guys specifically it is for the GSM Razr and will hopefully work on the CDMA Razr when we get official ICS :D (If you want ICS now look up AXIOM AOKP or IC3Razr Roms)