[HACKS] UPDATED Droid RAZR Utility [WINDOWS]

EuroDriver

Reaction score
Donate link is in the text next to the donate picture (DroidForums is weird when it comes to making pictures links)

Figured it out - you got somethin' waiting for you.
Might be in your [pecuniary] interests to have something like "Click here to Donate" right before the link (had you not told me, would have never figured out it's a link, since it doesn't show underlined until you hover over it). -my $0.02... anyway, thanks again. Profoundly grateful!

tonyo50138

Reaction score
so if I'm running
system 6.12.173.xt912
android ver 2.3.6

i can choose 2 to root and 3 to unroot? or do i need to undo my update first?

OP
mattlgroff

mattlgroff

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
so if I'm running
system 6.12.173.xt912
android ver 2.3.6

i can choose 2 to root and 3 to unroot? or do i need to undo my update first?

Versions 1.40 and up can root and unroot, but I'd recommend 1.42 for best results.

MAGICINE

Reaction score
no joy on rooting

used the 1.41 version to root my maxx a couple of weeks ago, the screen went bad after a few days, just recieved a replacment phone. The new phone has the same firmware as before 2.3.6 6.12.173.xt912 etc. but using 1.42 doesn't get beyond launching dameon then stalls out. ver 1.41 with patch says it can not find the folders or paths to install everything to root as before.

followed same instructions but no root?

something modified from Moto on this warrentry phone replacment to thwart rooting?

jh

FORGOT TO ENABLE USB DEBUGGING!!

Last edited:

AxleRowe

Reaction score
Serious frustration, first off I had a rooted x, the wife got suckered into this deal of buying two Samsung charges, had to install winwar to root that, my company just bought me a razr maxx and for the life of me I can't root it, I've installed, uninstalled the drivers multiple times, downloaded 1.42, it comes up a winwar archive file, extracted it now it's a winwar batch file, usb is enabled, charge mode is enabled, when I click on the utility, yellow Batman appears, hook my phone up, drivers install, pick option 2, and it just sits at deawon successfully installed, and that's it. Is the winwar cursing me or is there something I'm missing, any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
mattlgroff

mattlgroff

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Serious frustration, first off I had a rooted x, the wife got suckered into this deal of buying two Samsung charges, had to install winwar to root that, my company just bought me a razr maxx and for the life of me I can't root it, I've installed, uninstalled the drivers multiple times, downloaded 1.42, it comes up a winwar archive file, extracted it now it's a winwar batch file, usb is enabled, charge mode is enabled, when I click on the utility, yellow Batman appears, hook my phone up, drivers install, pick option 2, and it just sits at deawon successfully installed, and that's it. Is the winwar cursing me or is there something I'm missing, any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
Enable USB Debugging in the Settings>Applications>Development menu and have the phone plugged in as charge only.

If they doesn't work reinstall thedrivers and restart.

ChuckzDroid

Reaction score
I had already rooted my phone before the 2.3.6 OTA upgade came out using the script above. Worked great!

Unthinkingly, when the upate offer arrived on my phone, I accepted the OTA. :blink:

RESULT: I now have a functional 2.3.6 RAZR BUT NO ROOT! My phone reboots into Fastboot, and Clockwork Mod Recovery appears, but NO ROOT! I attemptyed to “re-root" using the same script, but my Command window running the script looks like this:

—————————————————————

Please make a selection or hit ENTER to exit: 2
Motorola universal root script ($version version)
by Dan Rosenberg (@djrbliss)
Tested on Droid 3, Droid Bionic, and Droid RAZR
Before continuing, ensure USB debugging is enabled, that your
device is in charge only mode, and your phone is connected via USB.
Press any key to continue . . .
Waiting for device...
* daemon not running. starting it now *
* daemon started successfully *
Device found.
Deploying payload...
569 KB/s (359392 bytes in 0.616s)
Owning phone...
Waiting for phone to reboot.
Root successful! Persisting...
remount failed: Unknown error: 0
252 KB/s (26264 bytes in 0.101s)
ln: /system/bin/su: No such file or directory
436 KB/s (1867568 bytes in 4.174s)
745 KB/s (196120 bytes in 0.256s)
/sbin/sh: pm: not found
Cleaning up...
Rebooting...

At the end of the script, my RAZR rebooted BUT NO ROOT! How do I get back to “stock” so I can reroot??? Can I use Clockwork Mod
Recovery (which is running on every reboot/restart of the phoen) to get back to boot?

I’m totally stumped. My phone isn’t bricked and works fine, but I WANT ROOT (again)! :p
Thanks for any help that anyone can give.
Chuck

ChuckzDroid

Reaction score
Is there a way to Clockwork Mod Recovery (that runs on every reboot/restart now) to ream our the artifacts and do a clean re=ROOT?

----------------------------------------------------

PROBLEM SOLVED! dancedroid

CHECK OUT THIS SITE - http://www.xda-developers.com/andro...lity-this-time-for-motorola-droid-razr-users/

I used Mattlgroff's XT910RazrUtilityLITE script and it re-rooted my phone (65.1.40.XT910.AsiaRetial.en.03 - 2.3.6 OTA upadate) in one go!

Mattlgroff didn't save my bacon or my life, but he gave me back my ROOT! :)

THANKS!
Chuck in Taiwan

Last edited:

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Awesome utility, first of all...

One question - ran #1 on my Maxx - everything seems to have worked fine, but it gave me errors on sending mbm and mbmloader, "command write fail, no such file/directory" (or some verbiage close to that). Based on how it seems now, I'm assuming that's ok - especially since it was a "no such file/directory" error... but I wanted to throw that out here and find out for sure.

Thanks in advance, and a beer (or two!) is headed your way. I couldn't get rsdlite to work quite right, even with the oem fix, but this worked perfect... (well, I guess anyway, hence my question! ;))

OP
mattlgroff

mattlgroff

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Awesome utility, first of all...

One question - ran #1 on my Maxx - everything seems to have worked fine, but it gave me errors on sending mbm and mbmloader, "command write fail, no such file/directory" (or some verbiage close to that). Based on how it seems now, I'm assuming that's ok - especially since it was a "no such file/directory" error... but I wanted to throw that out here and find out for sure.

Thanks in advance, and a beer (or two!) is headed your way. I couldn't get rsdlite to work quite right, even with the oem fix, but this worked perfect... (well, I guess anyway, hence my question! ;))
Yea it kind of happens sometimes. Those aren't important for restoring, so you are good to go!

Thank you :D

Jwazz

Reaction score
if i use this tool will this be able to unbrick my droid razr xt912 if so please reply i dont have anything else to do i flashed arctic rom on it and it gets to the lock screen for a split second and starts up again over and over and over also i have my old rom backed up on my sd card i just can't get in the bootstrap menu to restore it what should i do

Last edited:
OP
mattlgroff

mattlgroff

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
HTML:
if i use this tool will this be able to unbrick my droid razr xt912 if so please reply i dont have anything else to do i flashed arctic rom on it and it gets to the lock screen for a split second and starts up again over and over and over also i have my old rom backed up on my sd card i just can't get in the bootstrap menu to restore it what should i do
You should download this utility and run option 1 to restore. ;)

Jwazz

Reaction score
not working

[*] Simple Razr Restore
[*] Windows Version
[*] Created by mattlgroff (with help from dhacker29!)
[*] Follow us @mattlgroff @dhacker29 or on DroidRZR.com
[*]
[*] Before continuing, ensure your Razr is in the
[*] "AP Fastboot" mode and connected via USB.
[*]
[*] Press enter to restore your phone to 6.12.173...
Press any key to continue . . .
[*]
< waiting for device >
sending 'mbm' (512 KB)... OKAY [ 0.047s]
writing 'mbm'... OKAY [ 0.469s]
rebooting into bootloader... OKAY [ 0.297s]
< waiting for device >
sending 'mbmloader' (42 KB)... OKAY [ 0.016s]
writing 'mbmloader'... OKAY [ 0.297s]
sending 'mbm' (512 KB)... FAILED (remote: Battery Low)
rebooting into bootloader... OKAY [ 0.000s]
< waiting for device >
sending 'cdt.bin' (16 KB)... OKAY [ 0.016s]
writing 'cdt.bin'... OKAY [ 1.031s]
erasing 'cache'... FAILED (remote: Battery Low)
erasing 'userdata'... FAILED (remote: Battery Low)
erasing 'emstorage'... FAILED (remote: Battery Low)
sending 'logo.bin' (854 KB)... FAILED (remote: Battery Low)
sending 'ebr' (16 KB)... FAILED (remote: Battery Low)
sending 'mbr' (16 KB)... FAILED (remote: Battery Low)
sending 'devtree' (512 KB)... FAILED (remote: Battery Low)
now my battery isnt holding a charge

Last edited: