[HACKS] UPDATED Droid RAZR Utility [WINDOWS]

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
matt I know I said it before but this utility is stellar. Anyone that is thinking of "hacking" their RAZR needs to use this. I'm all for learning how to root and use adb commands, but why waste your time when you can sit back and use a utility that takes out all the guesswork and eliminates the potential for distaster. I'm serious when I say this is by far the best "hacking" utility that I have ever seen. It's brilliant bro.

OP
mattlgroff

mattlgroff

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
matt I know I said it before but this utility is stellar. Anyone that is thinking of "hacking" their RAZR needs to use this. I'm all for learning how to root and use adb commands, but why waste your time when you can sit back and use a utility that takes out all the guesswork and eliminates the potential for distaster. I'm serious when I say this is by far the best "hacking" utility that I have ever seen. It's brilliant bro.
Thanks cereal killer. I really appreciate that

equake

Reaction score
This is great stuff. Matt, Do you have time to create one for the Bionic?

OP
mattlgroff

mattlgroff

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
This is great stuff. Matt, Do you have time to create one for the Bionic?
dhacker29 has something similar for the Bionic. He taught me almost everything I know and I wouldn't want to overstep my boundaries and make one. I'd try looking for it over on mydroidworld

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Is anyone else having trouble getting the utility to do anything? For me, I extracted the zip to a folder on my desktop. I then click on the bat file, and for a split second the window with the yellow text appears and then nothing. I see in my search that others have had this problem but no information on a solution.

OP
mattlgroff

mattlgroff

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Is anyone else having trouble getting the utility to do anything? For me, I extracted the zip to a folder on my desktop. I then click on the bat file, and for a split second the window with the yellow text appears and then nothing. I see in my search that others have had this problem but no information on a solution.
Not sure about this. I haven't heard anything else about this... maybe try running as Admin if you can.

Anyway, 6.12.173 fastboot files are in the full version of 1.40 Utility.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Not sure about this. I haven't heard anything else about this... maybe try running as Admin if you can.

Anyway, 6.12.173 fastboot files are in the full version of 1.40 Utility.

OK, perhaps I misunderstood how to use. I thought I could simply run the bat file from within explorer and that it would open its command window itself, but it simply opens and then immediately closes.

I copied the directory to the C:\ root drive and then started a separate command window prompt. Then from within that command prompt, I started the bat file from there and it stuck so I assume it has to be started from within a command window. Right? :blink:

Redbeaver

Reaction score
oooh, up to 1.4 already now.

not updating the GSM version anymore?

SANhacker

Reaction score
FoxKat,
From the folder view shown in the first post I just dragged the bat file to my desktop and selected "Create Shortcut Here". I just click on the Icon and the utility fires up.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
FoxKat,
From the folder view shown in the first post I just dragged the bat file to my desktop and selected "Create Shortcut Here". I just click on the Icon and the utility fires up.

Thanks for the info. I will give that a try when I get home but I don't know why it would work any different as a shortcut versus simply running the bat file from within the folder. For now, I'm at work and will try here as well but if it works here, that doesn't mean it will work at home for sure. I'll report back if it works there too.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
OK, not sure if this is what I would expect, but it only works on my office PC if the entire collection of files is extracted to the root c:\ directory. If it's anywhere else (like extracted to desktop), it will either not run when called directly from within the folder, or if called from a command prompt directly while in the folder will not find the fastboot image.

OP
mattlgroff

mattlgroff

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
OK, not sure if this is what I would expect, but it only works on my office PC if the entire collection of files is extracted to the root c:\ directory. If it's anywhere else (like extracted to desktop), it will either not run when called directly from within the folder, or if called from a command prompt directly while in the folder will not find the fastboot image.
That is definitely strange. I can run them off my USB drive, C drive downloads, documents, anywhere. As long as the .bat and the /files/ flolder are in the same directory (like the picture)

SANhacker

Reaction score
Sorry. Not Sure I understand. We are talking basic DOS/Windows stuff here.

Don't extract to C:\ as this will throw a bunch of files at your root directory.

Try this:
Click on the zip file.
From a view of the zip file contents do the following:

These contents can be seen in the folder view in post #1 of this thread.

Press Ctrl+A (This selects all the files)
Press Ctrl+C (This copies all the files to your notepad)
Go to My Computer via Start or the vehicle of your choice.
Click on Drive C. Or the drive you want to store the utility on. It is 2.8GB so if you have multiple drives this may be a concern.
Right click and Select "New". Then Select "Folder"
Give the Folder a Name. Take a pick. Doesn't matter what you call it.
Double Click on the newly named folder.
It will appear empty.
Press Ctrl+V (Paste)
All the files from your extracted folder are now copied into the folder you just created.
Now,from the folder view you are now presented with you should have a .bat file.
Left click this file and drag it from the folder to your desktop.
You will now be presented with a menu of options.
One of these options will be "Create Shortcut Here". Select it.
If you now click on the resulting icon, you will be taken directly to the utility.
BTW, if you select the Icon with your mouse and click on the text, you can rename it to your liking.
There is no need for all that shortcut.lnk stuff in the ICON name.

Let me know of any questions. I'm simply a click away from the utility at anytime. Awesome work!

OP
mattlgroff

mattlgroff

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
oooh, up to 1.4 already now.

not updating the GSM version anymore?
Changes are mainly in the fastboot files. I'd be happy for someone to take up the GSM version, but I don't have a GSM XT910 to test this on, and there are many carriers making things like the fastboot files very different.