Unroot Without Power Button??????

jskyler91

Reaction score
Hey everyone, so I just dropped my thunderbolt in the water and it fried my power button, my phone mic i.e. the one that lets others hear me, and cracked my screen. I have insurance on my phone but I am rooted and I assume that I need to unroot in order to have it replaced. My problem is that I distinctly remember needing to press the power button in order to root and I would expect something similar for unrooting. Does anyone know of a way to overcome this and or a fully automated root application for mac? I appreciate any help you may be able to provide. Additionally, I realize that I could claim that my phone was stolen/lost, but I would like to avoid lying if possible (ironic I know considering I am already rooted). As far as post water damage procedures, I have already put my phone in rice and I am not interested in any of those type of tips unless they relate directly to unrooting and returning my phone. Thank you.

simpdogg

Reaction score
But you are willing to lie about your phone not ever being rooted or dropped in water, jeez just say it was stolen.

SimpDogg

SimpDogg

cc16177

Reaction score
It doesn't matter if your phone is rooted for insurance replacements. Only warranty replacements. Even then, I've had to have a couple phones replaced for weird issues in the past and all have been rooted and not once have I had an issue.

That's not to say I would recommend leaving your phones rooted for warranty replacements but I have never had an issue... Also, none of my issues were ever caused by root AFAIK.

OP
J

jskyler91

Reaction score
It doesn't matter if your phone is rooted for insurance replacements. Only warranty replacements. Even then, I've had to have a couple phones replaced for weird issues in the past and all have been rooted and not once have I had an issue.

That's not to say I would recommend leaving your phones rooted for warranty replacements but I have never had an issue... Also, none of my issues were ever caused by root AFAIK.

Thanks, has anyone else ever replaced their phone via insurance rooted?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Insurance does not care if it's rooted....

OP
J

jskyler91

Reaction score
But you are willing to lie about your phone not ever being rooted or dropped in water, jeez just say it was stolen.

SimpDogg

SimpDogg

As stated in my initial question I didn't want to lie at all, if they asked if my phone was rooted and it currently wasn't I would say no which is not a lie.

Iryman

Reaction score
Run it over with your car. No lies and problem solved. Lol. like they said I really don't think they care but if you wanna play it safe really destroy the phone then.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

bendystrawboy

Reaction score
Run it over with your car. No lies and problem solved. Lol. like they said I really don't think they care but if you wanna play it safe really destroy the phone then.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

these insurance questions are always hillarious, this is obviously the simple answer but people don't seem to ever consider it.

Guchi

Reaction score
Insurance covers your phone even if its rooted. Your warranty on the other hand does not.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

Reaction score
Or just remove the battery and sim card, and file the claim as it was lost or stolen. Then you have a spare thunderbolt for parts.

Nope, I've never done that before...

:D ;)

Sent from my rooted Thunderbolt running **Das BAMF v1.7 ROM**

Last edited:
OP
J

jskyler91

Reaction score
Thanks for your help guys, I decided to go the honest route, I told them that what happend and I am just going to put a stock rom on the phone and I doubt they will notice.