need help unrooting

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid' started by bryanjames70, Jul 7, 2010.

1. JonDenver'sCopilot

Ratings:
    +0
    How are you getting your phone out of standby if your power button isn't working? I just got myself really confused when I thought of that....
    also it sounds like you have the stock recovery and not sprecovery. Your ONLY issue at this point it seems is the power button (obviously) and that you have the SU app on your phone. If you don't have a custom recovery and only have the stock one you will ONLY be able to run update.zip files that are official. Since you are on ESE81 none of the update.zip files that provide root will work. I'm still confused to getting out of standby if the power button doesn't work though.....are you sure it doesn't work?

2. jntdroid

jntdroid Super Moderator
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +315
    if you slide it open, the screen comes on - that's my guess as to how he's doing it!

3. JonDenver'sCopilot

Ratings:
    +0
    lol....duh I'm stupid. Can he power the phone off with adb then just turn in the phone saying it won't power on? If the power button doesn't work he wouldn't be able to get it to power on then.

4. jntdroid

jntdroid Super Moderator
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +315
    not a bad idea, but it sounds like he doesn't actually have root access, the .apk is just still there, so doing it through terminal emulator or even through adb shell won't work

plus, the phone can be powered on other ways... like plugging it in once it's off

5. bryanjames70

bryanjames70 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    right or just putting the battery in turns the phone on so if i need to reboot use adb or just a battery pull

6. JonDenver'sCopilot

Ratings:
    +0
    Well I just did this on my phone to get to the bootloader WITHOUT holding the power button down.

1. With the phone completely turned off (shutdown). Open the sliding keyboard and hold up on the d-pad.
    2. Plug your phone into the power cable, while holding up on the d-pad
    3. The phone is in the bootloader and ready to flash an sbf.

Should work for the OP.

7. jntdroid

jntdroid Super Moderator
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +315
    lol, where has that answer been the last day! :)

bryanjames70, if that works for you, that will solve all of your problems...

8. JonDenver'sCopilot

Ratings:
    +0
    Well my dumbass didn't know there was different ways to power on the phone other than the power button. Its not that I'm a big nub....I've just never even considered doing it another way.

9. bryanjames70

bryanjames70 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    the phone is always on as long as the batter is in it so i need to pull the battery then replace it holding up on D-pad but it never goes to bootloader i think bootloader is damaged. it will not go with or without the power cord plugged in

10. jrodizkool01

jrodizkool01 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You don't need to go through all of the trouble of trying to unroot your device if it has a problem. My last rooted Droid had some issues with its screen and I just went to Verizon to show the reps the problem and within a couple of days, I received a new Droid as a replacement and shipped back my broken one. Also, a friend of mine had problems with his Droid's keyboard when some of the letters wouldn't be recognized and although he had a custom rom on his phone, he was able to exchange it without charge and didn't run into any problems. I remember that I was worried about having a rooted phone at first but it never ended up being a problem.

11. bryanjames70

bryanjames70 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    thanx that is what i just did new phone comming on sat or tue

12. christim

christim Super Moderator
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +2

If you're stuck you're stuck. I'd feel much better returning a stock phone than a rooted one. You're right that they probably don't care but it would be just my luck. However, I'd rather return a busted rooted phone than have no phone at all.

Search tags for this page
how to unroot a motorola triumph
how to unroot droid triumph with terminal emulator

unroot motorola triumph

unroot motorola triumph using terminal emulator
unroot triumph