Reaction score
It's 1 ghz... Just dual core.

It's dual core and each one is 1 ghz so its a total of 2 ghz

Lax bro, closet geek
Eh....

It's 1 ghz... Just dual core.

It's dual core and each one is 1 ghz so its a total of 2 ghz

Lax bro, closet geek

No, when there is a 1ghz Dual Core processor, it means that there is a total of 1ghz, but there are two cores, making processes more efficient. So why it is a lot better than regualar 1 ghz processors, it's not 2ghz. That would be better or close to some computers. I have an old laptop that might be 1.86ghz dual core. Again, this is an overall speed, not multiplying .98 x 2 cores to get 1.86.

If it is dual core clocked at a total of 2ghz, that's a different story. That means it's a 2ghz dual core.

But no, 1ghz dual core means 1 ghz, not 2ghz.

...what he said

Darksthour

Reaction score
Personally I think so far i'm willing to pay for this. I'm using the OG droid and the new specs sound amazing... not to mention that there's the possibility of no locked bootloader i'm all about this phone! Even if I cant get the 4g in my area the other specs of the phone are awesome. By the time this think actually rolls out and reviews are in about it we shall see, however everything looks incredible.

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
Personally I think so far i'm willing to pay for this. I'm using the OG droid and the new specs sound amazing... not to mention that there's the possibility of no locked bootloader i'm all about this phone! Even if I cant get the 4g in my area the other specs of the phone are awesome. By the time this think actually rolls out and reviews are in about it we shall see, however everything looks incredible.

Don't you mean "bionic"?
crazy2.gif

Reaction score

if this thing comes with an unlocked bootloader, i'll eat my shoe.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com

if this thing comes with an unlocked bootloader, i'll eat my shoe.

I should put a reminder to this post up on my calendar just in case. :rofl2:

Googleaddict

Reaction score
No. Droid x is pretty much the same speed and hardware exept for 4g and ffc. The only real speed difference will be web browsing(on 4g) and gaming. Same screen 8mp camera hdmi ect. wait for the 2ghz dual core processors. I bet they'll have it early next year or late this year

mewshi

Reaction score
No. Droid x is pretty much the same speed and hardware exept for 4g and ffc. The only real speed difference will be web browsing(on 4g) and gaming. Same screen 8mp camera hdmi ect. wait for the 2ghz dual core processors. I bet they'll have it early next year or late this year

And your basis for this assumption is...?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Trong

Reaction score
No way! The Tegra 2 is much faster than any of the system on a chips out there now in both CPU calculations and graphics processing. 1GHz Tegra 2 >> 1GHz OMAP 3640. You can see this demonstrated with the AT&T Atrix, where they can power a full high resolution monitor (1920*1080) running Linux with Firefox and still have enough power to run the phone in a separate window. The OMAP could never dream of doing that.

The only thing holding most people back is the locked bootloader. Though if they can get the new kernel hacks to work on the Droid X, there's a slight chance that a similar hack would just need to be ported to the Bionic.

Last edited:
OP
6thgear

6thgear

Reaction score
The specs somewhere stated 1gb ram. Are you sure?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
6thgear

6thgear

Reaction score
Plus a higher res screen 5xx by 9xx at 4.3 inches. Something the dx is missing as well!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

qman66

Reaction score
i might buy this hopefully 199.99 with 2 yr contract and i can probably sell my dx for more than that and actually make a profit while upgrading my phone