Droid X keep or lose it

Lady_DroidX

Reaction score
Spoke to a Verizon rep today to see if I can keep my same plan if I decided to upgrade to the Bionic. She told me the bionic will run my 3g plan with no prob because where I live in Pennsylvania they wont have 4g for a very long time. So that brings me to my question should I just keep my droid x because none of the 4g phones will be running 4g out here or should I upgrade to the faster bionic. I was also told and been doing alot of reading that an OTA 2.3 is right around the corner for the droid x that will dramatically improve the phone. So would it be worth getting any 4g phone if I will only be on a 3g plan and tower?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

N

Nickchapa

I think it would be worth it because the phone itself is pretty sick in the specs section. I have the droid x and will indefinitely be upgrading to the bionic. My gf has the mytouch 4g amd the 4g is cool and all but my phone itself is way more amazing. Decision: get the Bionic for sure!

Getsome122

Reaction score
Would keep the X till the bionic has been out a few months so they work the bugs out. I never get a phone on launch day cause the next three months are usually filled with fifty updates to fix flaws they find.

That's my plan anyway. Gonna get the bionic probly ninety days or so after launch

drakenhoffen

Reaction score
I agree that you should not get one on launch day unless you want to put up with the issues that come with it.

I just bought a droid x so that i would not have to do that and will be out of contract by the time the bionic comes out so i can pick and chose when to upgrade.

MrKleen

Reaction score
I too have the desire to get every new phone that comes out. I am interested in the new Thunderbolt and may actually get it. But at some point I'm going to have to slow down and stick with a phone.

If you don't have 4g in your area a new phone won't do much for you but cost you money.

I try to satisfy my desire for change by swapping Roms from time to time.

Eh... go for it and get a new phone if you can afford it! Life is short.

04CiviCon20s

Reaction score
Would keep the X till the bionic has been out a few months so they work the bugs out. I never get a phone on launch day cause the next three months are usually filled with fifty updates to fix flaws they find.

That's my plan anyway. Gonna get the bionic probly ninety days or so after launch

Great minds do think alike. That's exactly what I always do. It's gonna take a lot for me to move on to another Device though. The DX gets better Daily and I got no issues w/it at all(knock on wood):)

HayWire

Reaction score
I too have the desire to get every new phone that comes out. I am interested in the new Thunderbolt and may actually get it. But at some point I'm going to have to slow down and stick with a phone.

If you don't have 4g in your area a new phone won't do much for you but cost you money.

I try to satisfy my desire for change by swapping Roms from time to time.

Eh... go for it and get a new phone if you can afford it! Life is short.

This is how I am too, lol... but I think with the x I've found a phone I can be satisfied with for a long time. Plus liberty makes my phone even better..and my kraken case is awesome..

Mont

Reaction score
I only owned 2 phones that im so satisfied with I have no plans in the near future to change the DX and the Rogue(had for 2 years my own world record) I had before this one. I use to switch out phones on regular basis when I had made alot of money back in the day.

I would look at your upgrade plan unless you don't care about the cost now you have to wait 2 years before you get upgrade discount. Is there a time frame for when you will get 4 g? if its too years out then might as well ugrade now, if not I would wait.

But if money ain't a thing like it used to be with me then go get your new toy. Because all your going to do everyday is torturing your self thinking about it till you break down and get it anyway.