took my Bionic back to wait for the Motorola Dinara

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
^Some people can see green motion blur on plasma tv's and some cant. I looked and I'm one that cant!

dirkbonn

Reaction score
If by "the phone is said to be going to at&t and verizon" you mean "the phone is said to be going to at&t NOT verizon", then you're exactly right

Check these out...

This one says the Dinara is being tested by Verizon last July

Motorola Dinara Android superphone arrives this winter with 13 MP camera and HD screen » Unwired View

This one says the Dinara is following the Bionic on Verizon

Rumor: Motorola Dinara to follow Droid Bionic in late 2011 | Android Atlas - CNET Reviews

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
Doesnt the Dinara have a built in battery that cant be removed?

Everything I've read seems to indicate that...
I'm not all that thrilled about it. For one you can't do battery pulls and for two you couldn't get an extended battery or carry extra batteries... I think that is one of the great features that the iphone lacks!

chiruscan

Reaction score
Well yeah you cant buy an extended battery. Seems liek they are shooting themselves in the foot with that.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
The pentile screen is great for reading outdoors. Unfortunately I am one of the people who doesn't just see the pixels but is very frustrated by them. It is very evident when looking at photos I've taken, and even more evident when watching video. For instance just to try it out I decided to watch Suckerpunch. Wow, if you guys aren't bothered by pixelation in that then you are truly blessed and I'm happy for you. It ruins it for me. By the way, pixelation isn't exactly the right term. Put it this way: on my OG droid when I look at the dark grey portions of a cloud in a pic I took, it's made of a bunch of gray pixels. On this pentile screen, to make the gray it's a green pixel next to a purple pixel next to a green pixel and so on. I can see it when I hold the phone at arm's length, I'm not sitting there with a magnifying glass looking for problems.

For example... look at this painting.
A-Sunday-Afternoon-on-MEDIUM.jpg

Most people see a nice park setting. I (and a percentage of people) see a bunch of dots of different colors next to each other. For instance the leaves of the tree appear green, but there are yellow, blue, red, black, white, and many other color dots to make it green. It helps me appreciate how much work went into the painting, but for a phone screen it is annoying. That's the best way I can describe what I see.

BTW, I'm also frustrated with DLP TV's. I see the rainbow effect in them. I wonder if other people who dislike the pentile screen also have problems with DLP's.

Interesting explanation with the pic example. For the leaves at my normal viewing distance, all I basically see is green with maybe some orange and yellow? It has to be ppl just see things differently. Like this:

^Some people can see green motion blur on plasma tv's and some cant. I looked and I'm one that cant!

I never owned a plasma TV, but I know for motion blur on my LCD the only way I can tell the difference when I use the different motion settings on my TV. (One TV is 480hz with Motion controls, the other is 60hz with no Motion controls) Some ppl can tell the different Hz's of TV's and the refresh rates on monitors. I cant unless the refresh rate is real high or low.

In the pic, I can tell its made up of dots. Someone also compared it to old style comic book drawing. In the end, we're all different, thats what makes the world unique.

Last edited:

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
The refresh rate comparison is interesting, as I was also very sensitive to low frame rates (below 60) when I used to play PC games. When I first got my plasma I did noticed some motion blur, but it was like very dark pixelation, when I switched to only using blu-rays it seemed to eliminate the problem. I noticed it the most with Transformers dvd, when the cars transformed I could see just a mash of colors when things were moving quickly, but on my blu-ray version I don't see the motion blur, so maybe it's about the data speed/quality.

I'm a firm believer that it just comes down to how sensitive each of us is to pixel quality.

Some people can see it, some people can't and then some choose to ignore it.

All of which, I think are acceptable answers.

Last edited:

McGyver777

Reaction score
I still have three e815s in my drawer "just in case". I simply love that phone. My mom still has one that is only on its second battery and is eight years old with not one failure. Not a single button or pixel is bad. Amazing phone. Never dropped a call and I could get calls from down in concrete parking decks. They just do not make them like that anymore.

Wish the bionics reception was that good...it is ok, but nothing like the e815

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I still have three e815s in my drawer "just in case". I simply love that phone. My mom still has one that is only on its second battery and is eight years old with not one failure. Not a single button or pixel is bad. Amazing phone. Never dropped a call and I could get calls from down in concrete parking decks. They just do not make them like that anymore.

Wish the bionics reception was that good...it is ok, but nothing like the e815

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

To be perfectly honest; if I were going by what I need in a cell phone vs what I want, I'd probably be better off with my e815.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
+2! I've still got my E815! I fire it up every now and then to laugh at the display! At the time tho, it was the best!

Reaction score
Ice456789: that is how the painting was created. It was created using thousands of small dots, different color dots.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Used my Razr for nearly 6 years, still have it and it still worked when I bought the OG. It was awesome.

tcayton49

Reaction score