took my Bionic back to wait for the Motorola Dinara

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by roach, Sep 18, 2011.

1. EFGantry

EFGantry Member

Ratings:
    +6
    That's bad info. The Dinara is going to AT&T. The phone that article is describing is the Spyder (aka Droid HD), which does appear destined for Verizon in December.

2. liftedplane

liftedplane Gold Member

Ratings:
    +957
    Which is precisely why I passed up the droid 3, I may not have 4g at my house, but drive five minutes west and there it is... meaning very shortly is should be here, I wanted to take advantage of that... I love the keyboard on the d3 and my d2g however I didn't want to have to wait for a d4 if there even is going to be one...

3. xmguy

xmguy Active Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Bit OT here. I had the NON EV-DO version. The V710. Aside from the terrible camera. Was one of the coolest phones I had. I remember rocking out the MP3 player on a 256Mb Micro SD Card. When 1.3 MP was a BIG thing.
    And phones had a ANALOG ONLY setting! :D

But ON Topic. I like the idea of a slimmer Droid. "Some say" it will be like the Bionic. But I think it will be a GSM phone. IF it is VZW LTE (which by the, NO SIM CARD image at the Notification bar it will HAVE a SIM slot) then it may the REAL thinnest LTE to date on VZW. Of course it COULD be a CDMA with GSM roaming.

4. liftedplane

liftedplane Gold Member

Ratings:
    +957
    I'm with you, maybe it's because I had a s2 then a d2g with under 4" screens... I don't know... but this bionic screen is beautiful compared to what I'm used to... I just don't see the pixelation or grids or whatever other frakking problems these people are complaining about. then again I'm pretty close to legally blind so...

5. matt2783

matt2783 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well that explains it... I knew phones were coming out with 1.5 ghz processors and hd screens but I decided the Bionic had everything I really wanted, dual-core and LTE with acceptable battery life. I I thought those magnified pics of the display showing some blocky-ness were silly, when was I going to look at my phone through a magnifying glass? Then I actually got my hands on it in the Verizon store (first time I used a moto pen-tile phone) and I saw blocks... EVERYWHERE! I'm no expert, but I still don't understand how such a high resolution display can look so grainy. If the Bionic had the display that the DX has, it'd be in my pocket right now. That display is unacceptable for a high end, brand new $700 phone.

6. kingsway8605

kingsway8605 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Good idea. I decided I was going to upgrade my razr, but decided to wait for the better phones too.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

7. liftedplane

liftedplane Gold Member

Ratings:
    +957
    different strokes like everyone has said, I personally don't see it, and this phone has almost everything I want but a keyboard... glad I've got a BT keyboard for my xoom.

hopefully they come out with a phone that has a serious HD screen... and some awesome refresh rate... maybe something like that paper they showed in caprica where it was literally a computer in a piece of paper. who knows, those flexible led screen are pretty cool

8. tjk629

tjk629 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +65
    Current Phone Model:
    NEXUS 6
    Over at HoFo a member named Winston works for Moto and has been a great source of info for years. Has said for many months (even before the DROID HD) that the Dinara was an AT&T phone.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

9. tgyberg

tgyberg Silver Member

Ratings:
    +343
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
    I still have my X so I can look at them side by side. I do like the X's screen a bit better but I wouldnt go back to it because on a 4G phone, it would kill the battery life. It's funny, I really dont look for or notice any pattern any more but some people hate/scream about the pentile like it killed a loved one of theirs..

10. Speeding Wheels

Speeding Wheels Senior Member

Ratings:
    +16
    The only time I really notice the Pentile screen is when there are solid greens.. otherwise it's a non-issue to me.

11. Mustang02

Mustang02 Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +6,020
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6P/5X
    I notice it when I'm outside and love it.

12. ice456789

ice456789 Member

Ratings:
    +11
    The pentile screen is great for reading outdoors. Unfortunately I am one of the people who doesn't just see the pixels but is very frustrated by them. It is very evident when looking at photos I've taken, and even more evident when watching video. For instance just to try it out I decided to watch Suckerpunch. Wow, if you guys aren't bothered by pixelation in that then you are truly blessed and I'm happy for you. It ruins it for me. By the way, pixelation isn't exactly the right term. Put it this way: on my OG droid when I look at the dark grey portions of a cloud in a pic I took, it's made of a bunch of gray pixels. On this pentile screen, to make the gray it's a green pixel next to a purple pixel next to a green pixel and so on. I can see it when I hold the phone at arm's length, I'm not sitting there with a magnifying glass looking for problems.

For example... look at this painting.
    [​IMG]

Most people see a nice park setting. I (and a percentage of people) see a bunch of dots of different colors next to each other. For instance the leaves of the tree appear green, but there are yellow, blue, red, black, white, and many other color dots to make it green. It helps me appreciate how much work went into the painting, but for a phone screen it is annoying. That's the best way I can describe what I see.

BTW, I'm also frustrated with DLP TV's. I see the rainbow effect in them. I wonder if other people who dislike the pentile screen also have problems with DLP's.

Search tags for this page

motorola dinara reset button