Motorola Dinara or Droid Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

OriginalDroid

Reaction score

MS3G35

Reaction score
Rumored Motorola Dinara to be the Superphone of Superphones

Granted, may not even be on verizon, based on the 13 MP camera, I'm wondering if that humped back targa picture from a few months back is actually the Dinara, ice cream sandwich has me the most excited.

If the bionic doesn't come out by the 4th of august or has a locked bootloader, will you wait?

Sent from my Bugless Droid using DroidForums
I don't see the point in waiting. I've been waiting for the bionic since January. So if the Dinara turns out to be better then I can always sell my bionic and buy the dinara :D

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Rumored Motorola Dinara to be the Superphone of Superphones

Granted, may not even be on verizon, based on the 13 MP camera, I'm wondering if that humped back targa picture from a few months back is actually the Dinara, ice cream sandwich has me the most excited.

If the bionic doesn't come out by the 4th of august or has a locked bootloader, will you wait?

There will always be better phones coming.. By the time this phone is release there will be one claiming to be better. You will never buy a phone this way!!! I am going to get the Bionic!!!

Reaction score
Yea I agree with ms3 and preach... if it were truly a groundbreaking phone... Id sell the bionic and pay retail for the dinara. My OG is hurtin sooo bad right now.. shes getting laggy.. I cant keep reflashing roms and have to reinstall stuff. The battery cover is peeling away which is really annoying.. and I had her @ 114 degrees yesterday surfing the interwebs...lol HOT!!!

anuraj1

Reaction score
Mine hits 140 degrees when I surf the web :icon_eek: ! Basically my D1 served me very very well, and like a soldier, it will never die, but has slowly faded away.

Bring on the Bionic! Been waiting nearly 8 months!

Wootloops

Reaction score
If the bionic only has a 1ghz dual core processor then I'm waiting.

das2042

Reaction score
What if the bionic is the denara? Hmmm? What if...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
OriginalDroid

OriginalDroid

Reaction score
Easy killers, I never said I was waiting, I said ice cream sandwich is exciting, I'd be surprised if ics isn't brought to the bionic, but ya'll are getting short stemmed around here, we need a leak or something official on the bionic right quick around here.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
If the Bionic comes out in Sept, I have no problem waiting for the next phone at that point. Same for the GS2. I might as well just wait to have more choices.

I'm one of the ones where Froyo and GB made my DX1 a much better phone. So I'm content.

At this point in time...I honestly feel for folks with a Droid 1. I still have mine, its a great phone. But...I see what ppl meant that got Incredible 1's coming from Droid 1's and said wow.

The extra ram and cpu speed in both cases could be felt. I'm talking a stock Droid 1..not one overclocked or running a custom ROM.

Even with an overclocked Droid 1, mine anyway...my DX1 just felt better. Stuff loaded faster, better. Scrolling menus was better. Only thing my Droid 1 did better that was really noticeable was the lock screen. Moto messed up trying to tweak it on their phones running Blur.

DoctorV

Reaction score
Whatever the first dual core 4G LTE phone for Verizon comes out first I am getting. Bionic or GS2 or whatever. There's no way I'm waiting for the Dinera. Given Verizons phone history that won't come out until next summer.

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
13 MP camera means nothing.
I tested out the iPhone 4's 5MP camera and it was far superior to my Droid X's 8MP.

And its going to be over 4.3 inches?
4.3 is borderline too big. Anything over should be a tablet.

schlumpy

Reaction score
If I keep waiting for the next great thing ill have my d1 forever..

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

EFGantry

Reaction score
13 MP camera means nothing.
I tested out the iPhone 4's 5MP camera and it was far superior to my Droid X's 8MP.

And its going to be over 4.3 inches?
4.3 is borderline too big. Anything over should be a tablet.

the screen will be 4.5", but the size of the phone won't change. this is because the Bionic's 4.3" screen is reported to have some "left over" real estate between the screen and the edge of the phone. in fact, the Dinara is reported to be the same height and width dimensions as the Bionic, but slimmer and lighter than the Bionic.

once again, it seems we're dealing with the all-too-typical incremental upgrades, instead of something with a true "wow factor". Winston25 over at HoFo was pretty adamant that this phone is being tested on at&t. so, if Dinara's coming in Q4, it's probly on at&t, and won't be on VZW until sometime in '12.

i'm not sure what to do. i have an upgrade next month. but, i'm thinking i'll wait until the end of the year and see how the Bionic is doing - whether there are any bugs, whether the bootloader gets unlocked, what the development is like - and see if there is any confirmation of either the Dinara (or maybe a Nexus 3-type device) coming in early '12; and then make a decision.

Schimm

Reaction score
I remember people holding off on the X because the Droid Pro was gonna be the chiznet. Right.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.