My bionic went back...new one coming

Ansa82

Reaction score
So after 12 days with my Bionic I took it back to my Verizon store this morning. After lots of connectivity issues, apps disappearing. (odd) and volume & sound going out because of apparent Bluetooth interference
( my car was 2 miles away at the time) I strongly felt there was more issues than I was willing to overlook. I went
to my local Verizon store to switch out hoping a new Bionic wouldn't have the same issues but the salesman seemed dead set on trying to get me to order a new iPhone. They gave me no problem with my bionic return....but did charge me
the "restocking" fee. With the pressure to go iPhone ( I love apple devices but I like android too!) I ended up leaving having my old htc incredible turned back on. Went home, called verizon and spoke with an awesome rep. Said they should
have let me try another bionic first ( but my Verizon store receipt says your only allowed one return) so they're sending me one out & I should get it tomorrow. I know many here are having connectivity issues....maybe it's silly for me to HOPE my new one will be better but I'm willing to give it a go. Verizon said they have no problem taking it back if it gives me problems again. I sure hope they get this update out soon!!!!

jonnygage

Reaction score
no offense but kind of pointless to return a phone for a newer one knowing that there is an update coming out to fix said issues. the new one will act just like the old one till the update comes out

OP
Ansa82

Ansa82

Reaction score
no offense but kind of pointless to return a phone for a newer one knowing that there is an update coming out to fix said issues. the new one will act just like the old one till the update comes out

Well I can hope. I was told twice it could be a sim card issue? I don't know...but strange thing is it worked great the first 8 days I had it...after that it was issue after issue. Just wierd

jayman350

Reaction score
You will need to get a new 4G sim card unless a new one comes w/ the new phone. The sim gets deactivated once you downgrade to a 3G device, no way to reactivate the old sim, you have to get a new one. Did they say anything about sending you a new 4G sim card? If not plan on going back to the VZW store, or waiting another day or two for the 4G card to be mailed to you.

OP
Ansa82

Ansa82

Reaction score

How do we know really what the "update" will fix? Has there ever been a formal statement made by Motorola?

OP
Ansa82

Ansa82

Reaction score
You will need to get a new 4G sim card unless a new one comes w/ the new phone. The sim gets deactivated once you downgrade to a 3G device, no way to reactivate the old sim, you have to get a new one. Did they say anything about sending you a new 4G sim card? If not plan on going back to the VZW store, or waiting another day or two for the 4G card to be mailed to you.

I just called...yes a sim card was sent. Thank you!!

OP
Ansa82

Ansa82

Reaction score
You do know that this is a very simple fix, right?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

No...how do you fix that? I had the droid forums actually disappear. After restarting the phone it was back but when I clicked onit, it told me it wasn't installed on the phone?

afrchutch

Reaction score

Not true. My original Tbolt was littered with bugs. I turned it in and got a new one. It worked just fine. And this was pre-gingerbread for Tbolt. I've since rooted and now run bamf. But even stock froyo the thing runs circles around my first one. Not all devices are created equally even if they're the same model.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

DroidAxiom

Reaction score
No...how do you fix that? I had the droid forums actually disappear. After restarting the phone it was back but when I clicked onit, it told me it wasn't installed on the phone?

This happened to me. As far as I know You have to ensure The app is stored on the phone, not the media area. I believe the DROID forums app automatically installs in the media area.

Im sure sure someone else will provide the specifics or correct me if im wrong.

TatDroid

Reaction score
Yes, from your home screen click: settings > manage applications. At the top of the page click the "media area" tab. Scroll down the list and make sure NOTHING is checked. Any that are, click and then "move to phone". Problem solved.

When you install a new app, do this again to make sure it didn't auto install to the media area. Apps that are designed to "install to SD" will automatically go to the media area and need to be moved to the Bionic's app storage area. (the DroidForums app does this)

Last edited:

mlfca

Reaction score
I went back to the store today and swapped out my 11 day old Bionic for a new one to see if it was any better (connectivity issues). So far (10 hours) it appears to be fairing better at this point. I just hope the fix, when it comes makes the battery life a little better.

ccsoty

Reaction score
I'm on my 3RD Bionic.....

First one refused to connect to 4G network the day after I bought it...
Second one refused to recognize any sort of headphones plugged into them...
Third one... Well... let's hope this one doesn't flake out on me..

OP
Ansa82

Ansa82

Reaction score
Yes, from your home screen click: settings > manage applications. At the top of the page click the "media area" tab. Scroll down the list and make sure NOTHING is checked. Any that are, click and then "move to phone". Problem solved.

When you install a new app, do this again to make sure it didn't auto install to the media area. Apps that are designed to "install to SD" will automatically go to the media area and need to be moved to the Bionic's app storage area. (the DroidForums app does this)

THANK YOU!! As soon as new Bionic arrives I will do this!

OP
Ansa82

Ansa82

Reaction score
I'm on my 3RD Bionic.....

First one refused to connect to 4G network the day after I bought it...
Second one refused to recognize any sort of headphones plugged into them...
Third one... Well... let's hope this one doesn't flake out on me..

I hope 3rd one is a charm!! If I don't have luck with this 2nd one I might get something else. I Just like the Bionic but want it to work! I hear about the "update" but Verizon reps tell me they never know if any updates will come. I don't know why some reps seem to know and others don't. PLUS if I buy and pay for a new phone I want it to work great!!