Bionic & PdaNet?

rjsurfer

Reaction score
Any early adopters out there try PdaNet?

This is a big issue for me, if it works I'm on my way to the local Verizon store (hopefully by now the my local salespeople have heard of the Bionic)

Ron W.

sonicxtacy02

Reaction score
works. Not as well as the legit wifi tether (not as fast) but it definitely works.

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
Just installed PDAnet on my Bionic after using on the OG Droid for a couple of years. I am typing this post on my laptop through PDANet on my Bionic 4GLTE. My laptop surf speeds are the same as my fiber optic wifi. Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
PS, after reading a few other posts, I am using a monoprice usb cable. Surfin, chargin, and access to my files

kevsgroove

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Yes, PDAnet works like a charm. I've used it with no issues on my OG Droid, Droid X, and now the Bionic.

bluezeak

Reaction score
I just got PDANet today. My laptop is XP. The BT DUN will connect, but immediately disconnect. Before the Bionic I had a Treo (ancient, I know) - worked fine.

brroid

Reaction score
I use pdanet tethered. It may not be relevant to a BT connection, but I was getting frequent drops until I set the screen timeout to 'never'. Seems when the screen went dark the connection went away shortly after. No problems since.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

dkend99

Reaction score
I use pdanet tethered. It may not be relevant to a BT connection, but I was getting frequent drops until I set the screen timeout to 'never'. Seems when the screen went dark the connection went away shortly after. No problems since.

If you are using Juice Defender you may want to disable it when using PDAnet. That may make it so you don't have to put the screen timeout on "never". Also make sure that PDAnet isn't on your auto close in task manager or app killer if you're running one.

Tillmorn

Reaction score
From what I remember, it only works successfully through the usb tethered mode. The only time I see a real drop is when I do a large download or during high traffic times, otherwise it runs relatively well.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

samwifi

Reaction score
Any early adopters out there try PdaNet?

This is a big issue for me, if it works I'm on my way to the local Verizon store (hopefully by now the my local salespeople have heard of the Bionic)

Ron W.

Yea it works perfect in USB tether mode. I just carry a wire with me in my laptop case and I'm set.. you have to install to your laptop first and let pdanet install to your phone via USB. No root neccesary.. I'm stock 901.

bigmook

Reaction score
Why would you use PDA when USB tethering is free on the bionic?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk