Motorola Dinara or Droid Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

anuraj1

Reaction score
I remember people holding off on the X because the Droid Pro was gonna be the chiznet. Right.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Wow that really puts it into perspective. Thanks! Bionic for sure.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I remember people holding off on the X because the Droid Pro was gonna be the chiznet. Right.

lol..The Droid Pro turned out to be something totally different than what we thought it was gonna be. If I remember correct what we thought the Droid Pro was gonna be turned out to be the Bionic.

Rumors, code names and all that jazz. Then again...its been so long....you might be right...lol

TheOldFart

Reaction score
once again, it seems we're dealing with the all-too-typical incremental upgrades, instead of something with a true "wow factor". Winston25 over at HoFo was pretty adamant that this phone is being tested on at&t. so, if Dinara's coming in Q4, it's probly on at&t, and won't be on VZW until sometime in '12.

That's because these companies know that there are a lot of people who just have to have something that is a bit better and are willing to throw their money down the phone company's drain.

Schimm

Reaction score

lol..The Droid Pro turned out to be something totally different than what we thought it was gonna be. If I remember correct what we thought the Droid Pro was gonna be turned out to be the Bionic.

Rumors, code names and all that jazz. Then again...its been so long....you might be right...lol

Yup, that's the first time I heard dual core. And just over a year ago some were expecting it to land by the end of 2010.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-general-discussions/55411-droid-x-wait-dual-core.html

:icon_ banana:

EFGantry

Reaction score
^^ that's because Sanjay Jha had promised in June '10 that Moto would have a dual core device by the end of the year.... Jha, what a twit.

sqchram

Reaction score
Post from 6/29/10

IMO, unless some seriously intense apps come out (video editing, some flash games), an overclocked Droid is plenty fast enough.

I feel like a value-added or incremental upgrade would be faster internet, which won't be for about 2years on VZW's LTE network.

I think the X already has the processor and ram in terms of what should last for a good while, at least until your next new-every-two.

The next big leap in smartphones is probably going to be the capability to replace netbooks and low-end PC's, but the hardware is probably 6-12 months away (closer to 6, Droid Pro will probably fit the bill). Of course, that will depend on apps, which will probably be another 6-12 months behind that.

I think the X will hold you over for a good time. Not worth an incremental upgrade, for me, but the Pro will make me seriously consider a 1-yr early upgrade, but it might depend on how close LTE is at that point.

My hell except for the droid pro predictions Kodiak799 is a freakin Nostradamus!

das2042

Reaction score
I'm wondering if the dinara will be nothing more than just a super cool, really awesome, mear 3g phone. I mean they're saying its slimmer than the bionic, I thought the bionic was as fat as It was because of the 4g radio. I'm tired of waiting and I believe the bionic will be enough to hold me over for two years. My Droid 1 is rocking on bugless beast but the lack of memory and still annoying lag has me ready for a change. And a quick one at that! Cmon moto don't disappoint me and release this thing already!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

EFGantry

Reaction score
the 2d gen LTE radios are supposedly much smaller, such that the new LTE devices will be able to be slimmer than the current ones.

das2042

Reaction score
Damn technology! This is going to be just like the Droid 1. Really awesome for a month then bam! Here comes the x! I just have to keep telling myself the bionic is the best thing ever...even though it looks ugly As all hell. I'm still getting it when it finally gets released in 2013

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

markwebb

Reaction score
Dinara? Really? Who creates these awful names?

I find it difficult to believe consumers will rush out to buy something called "Dinara"! Let's face it, " IPhone" is brilliant marketing, simple and memorable and now part of our everyday vocabulary. You know what it is.

Even "Droid" has become part of everyday vernacular and commands marketing success.

But, Dinara??? Maybe MOTO meant "Dinero"....as increased smartphone pricing becomes more prevalent! :)

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Dinara? Really? Who creates these awful names?

I find it difficult to believe consumers will rush out to buy something called "Dinara"! Let's face it, " IPhone" is brilliant marketing, simple and memorable and now part of our everyday vocabulary. You know what it is.

Even "Droid" has become part of everyday vernacular and commands marketing success.

But, Dinara??? Maybe MOTO meant "Dinero"....as increased smartphone pricing becomes more prevalent! :)

You do realize that's just a code name? Like how the original Bionic's code name was Etna and the new one is called Targa.

rayw796

Reaction score
I am not waiting for the Dinara. I believe I will get the next dual core LTE handset with a large screen that hits Verizon. I am thinking that will be the Bionic, but if they keep dragging on I will go with the first manufacturer that comes out with a phone that meets my needs for the next 2 years.

EFGantry

Reaction score
Dinara is just the internal codename, and is not the name that it will be sold as - just like Solana (the D3), Etna (original Bionic), Olympus (Atrix), Everest (Xoom), and Targa (new Bionic)... For some reason, Moto has an affinity for mountains when codenaming its phones in development. Dinara is apparently a mountain near the border of Croatia and Bosnia and Herzegovina...

markwebb

Reaction score
Dinara is just the internal codename, and is not the name that it will be sold as - just like Solana (the D3), Etna (original Bionic), Olympus (Atrix), Everest (Xoom), and Targa (new Bionic)... For some reason, Moto has an affinity for mountains when codenaming its phones in development. Dinara is apparently a mountain near the border of Croatia and Bosnia and Herzegovina...

Yes, I am aware of that. I was just having fun with the "wordplay" and possible marketing direction.

I also realized the geographical significance and hence, my original emoticon in my original message.

:)

kingsway8605

Reaction score
Jesus Christ, please stop these "should I wait threads." Do you not realize there will always be a better phone around the corner?

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.