Thunderbolt vs Droid Bionic

Discussion in 'Droid Polls' started by danDroid, Jan 5, 2011.

1. sweeeeet

sweeeeet Silver Member

Ratings:
    +65
    so tmo 4g= vze 3g

I just got 1.2 download speeds

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

2. wingdo

wingdo Active Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Atrix = AT&T, but yeah. I'll wait a bit longer for VZW.

BTW, what the heck does "The holidays are not afraid of the boss comes." mean in your sig?

3. JacobXDM40

JacobXDM40 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Motorola i would say are the pioneers and my Droid is awesome. So I would go with the bionic. Although the thunderbolt will be a really nice phone

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

4. droid fetish

droid fetish Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have an x, but going with the thunderbolt. I cant wait to hear all of you who have voted for the bionic complaining about the locked bootloader! I have called and emailed motorola and told them no more moto phones for me until they start listening to their customers and give us what we want, not what the think we should have!

dancedroid

5. BlackOtaku

BlackOtaku Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Nexus S. The unlocked bootloader is nice, but if it wasn't for needing support for connecting to my D1's ad hoc hotspot, I would never have left the stock ROM. Root is enough for me.

6. hemorrdroid

hemorrdroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    LOL, the quote is from the translated MIUI changelog. What does it mean? I have no idea :icon_eek:

7. DaWolf85

DaWolf85 Member

Ratings:
    +4
    I want to change my vote to the TB - I have no idea when the Bionic will show up and I can't wait any longer for my share of 4G awesomeness.

8. droid fetish

droid fetish Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No jumping on the TB band wagon now!!! you made your pick!!! now suffer the consequences!!!! LOL

:icon_ banana:"IPHONE! WE DON'T NEED NO STINKI'N IPHONE!"

9. DaWolf85

DaWolf85 Member

Ratings:
    +4
    But me wants a good phone *snif*

10. Shusuke028

Shusuke028 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My Opinion

I'd have to go thunderbolt hands down.. I'm a full fledged phone junkie, and before I had Verizon, i switched phones every 2 months... Only the Droid could have kept me entertained for a full year... now that the year has been up for a couple months, I'm ready for something new

Besides that, from a techy's POV, although the Thunderbolt does not have dual core like the Bionic, there are some main cons against the Bionic in my opinion.

The HTC Thunderbolt, although it only has a single core Snapdragon, it is an updated, modern version of it, so it's not the same processor that's in the EVO. Also, the Thunderbolt has more RAM than the Bionic (although, as I understand, it is DDR instead of DDR2). All in all, I think the Thunderbolt, performance wise isn't that far off from the Bionic than a lot of people think.

Some people think that just because the Bionic is dual core thinks that it is the ALL-END-ALL, and that makes it the best phone ever. That's not the case at all. Dual core mainly has to do when you're multitasking with many apps running at the same time.

Also, for me, the fact that the Bionic has Blur is a major con to me. I've always loved the HTC Sense layout and all of the addons that come with it.

So besides the fact that one phone is dual core and the other isn't; one has more RAM; and one has a different variation of the OS on it, the only other thing that's different is the form factor.

IMHO, although dual cores in Mobile devices (smartphones, not tablets) is a huge deal. Quad Cores are going to be out this fall and these phones we are debating (in a senseful manner) about today are all going to be outdated in the technological world. That's the cycle of today's technologies, whether it's phones, or computers (my specialty :)) dancedroid

11. Shusuke028

Shusuke028 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh and i forgot to mention the locked bootloader on the Bionic, that's a major con to me.
    I'm lovin HTC's openness lol
    That is all

12. jaycemiskel

jaycemiskel Active Member

Ratings:
    +2
    The Nexus S is stock and doesn't have to wait forever for updates. The Bionic has Blur and will have to wait for the updates from Motorola. You have much more reason to have an unlocked bootloader with the Bionic than with the Nexus S.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Search tags for this page

thunderbolt vs bionic