Tbolt vs. Bionic w/ signed bootloader?

MLPZ999

Reaction score
Basically every phone can be rooted so has nothing to do with a signed bootloader mainly the difference between locked and unlocked is ASOP roms and custom kernels on unlocked and only OTA based roms on locked but remember droid 2 and x have some good roms so its personal preference. AOSP roms are generally better in my opinion so I'm getting the Thunderbolt. Honestly the bootloader wont be that big a deal for most cause of the hardware but i need an unlocked so up to you and what you want.

appdaddy

Reaction score
Haha, I want to wait for the Bionic. But only for the dual core 1ghz processors... But the thunderbolt is looking VERY sexy.... I was wondering, Moto, or HTC? I own the OG Droid and it has served me VERY well. So all I know is Moto.... But, I hear HTC has a better Camera... Even with my sexy rom's the camera still gives me problems ... I HOPE Moto fixes the camera issues with the BIONIC.... And I hope I hear a confirmation about the camera before I make a decision.... Come on Moto!!

MLPZ999

Reaction score
Either way if you want a dual core with a unlocked bootloader get a one year contract and wait for the htc dual cores next year supposedly nvidia will have quad cores in phones the end of this year but i really doubt It'll be for consumers either way a one year contract would be good.

appdaddy

Reaction score
@MLPZ999, This is true... so, I've never done a 1yr contract. I'm thinking that the only difference is the phone price correct? It'll be a little more expensive for the phone, but my bill stays the same, right? Well, plus the 4G data tacked on of course. Oh, and also, when putting in scripts/tinkering with your device (which I'm obsessed with) can you tell me whether or not there are any differences between moto and htc? I'm comfortable using rsd lite but I'm unfamiliar with the way htc works. Any insight will be great. TIA.

MLPZ999

Reaction score
From what I know only difference is price no bill changes eg: droid x is $70 more for a one year and as for rsd lite type of thing with htc I'm not sure maybe dig around xdadevelopers for that.

appdaddy

Reaction score
@MLPZ999 thanks. I'm definitely going to look into it.

Sniper_5

Reaction score
Ive never dealt with a locked boot-loader before so Im still on the fence about all this. I like the looks and capabilities (fully unlocked) of the HTC but Im really likeing the specs of the Bionic. Im thinking though with the quad cores coming at the end of the yard I may pick up the Thunderbolt for its 32GB SD card and hold me over until then.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Bionic is going to have horrible battery life and a junk camera IMO.

Sniper_5

Reaction score
Ive never had an issue with Motorola cameras, and everyone seems to forget the main point of dual core isnt just better processing power, but each core can run at a much lower voltage, increasing battery life, not hurting it. The only thing thats going to effect battery life is the user, and 4G which is going to be across the board, not phone specific.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok you make valid point about the processors. I have had 3 Moto's with all bad cameras, and when you compare the type of picture the htc incredible takes compared to the X or Droid, there is no comparision. There is always a grainy-ness to moto's images.

Sniper_5

Reaction score
Thats odd, the only time Ive had a problem with Moto camera's is certain camera apps built into different ROM's but I do know what your talking about. Me however, Ive never had an issue. Guess maybe I got lucky, but even my replacement D1 has crystal clear pics. Have to remember though too. The camera resolution wasnt designed for computer screens, just phone to phone.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea that is a nice pic:) But try taking one inside in medium light, that is where mine has trouble. But I am being nit picky now...I take a lot of photos with my Droid and I just need a better camera next time around. My friends Inc is so much better. But I guess the camera isn't too bad on the D1.

Sniper_5

Reaction score
Basement :p but in all honesty I have no experience with any other Motorola Camera's on android devices, just some flip phones. LG has some pretty slick cameras though. I do agree though, HTC has some great camera's. My buddy had an HTC Hero, and now an HTC HD2 running android lol.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok, not a bad picture either:) My old LG voyager took awesome pics. Android on a HD2 Windows Phone!...that is pretty interesting.