Thunderbolt of Iphone 5?

Klaista2k

Reaction score
Should I go ahead and buy the Thunderbolt now or wait for the Iphone 5?

I know this is a droid forum - so people will be inclined to say tbolt, but the iphone 5 looks pretty sick. iPhone 5 Specs & Release Date

Thoughts?

jchammer123

Reaction score
By the time the iphone 5 comes out, we should have the bionic or something else that will beat the iphone. I wouldn't or never have even considered an iphone. You can simply do more with android!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
K

Klaista2k

Reaction score
By the time the iphone 5 comes out, we should have the bionic or something else that will beat the iphone. I wouldn't or never have even considered an iphone. You can simply do more with android!

I have always felt Android is better too.

But the Iphone 5 looks like it's taking some major steps foward.

1.2 ghz, dual core processore, 4inch screen, really good battery life, etc...

jchammer123

Reaction score
All I'm saying is Android has already anounced several phones that have all those features. I also think that since there are so many software and hardware companies working on Android phones, Android is making huge leaps and will always be one step ahead of the iphone.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Widgets widgets widgets....I'm not that hyped for the TBolt, but I will probably pull the trigger on the Bionic.

If you're in an LTE market, I think it's a complete waste to get a 3G phone. Slow and inconsistent 3G speeds are barely tolerable.

rustydogg

Reaction score
I don't know some people like the change in flavors sometimes but going from Android to iOS might be a bit painful.
A lot of people out there seem to own Iphones and to me they are all starting to look like. Sure the Iphone 4 is better in someways to the 3GS but my buddy is not impressed by the Iphone 4. He has a 3GS and his sister has got the Iphone 4.
Outside they look different but I wonder if the experience is that much different. I think that the menus are the same and the feel of the programs.
Maybe the Iphone 4 is a bit faster at opening programs?
Then again I have a Droid and a Droid 2 and apart from gaming I don't see much of a difference. However I sort of knew that already from the reviews.
I'm really considering going to an HTC phone. My ideal phone would be an HTC phone with a keyboard and global capabilities.

dajogejr

Reaction score
If the VZW edition of the i5 doesn't include LTE (I've read both ways) it would be a HUGE fail for the fruit.

I've been spoiled with LTE on USB modems for a few weeks and on my Tbolt since Friday.
It is a 100% game changer if you live in an LTE area. No doubt about it.

I'm NOT an iphone hater...they are the right device for some people.
I'm just not one of them :)

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
If the VZW edition of the i5 doesn't include LTE (I've read both ways) it would be a HUGE fail for the fruit.

I've been spoiled with LTE on USB modems for a few weeks and on my Tbolt since Friday.
It is a 100% game changer if you live in an LTE area. No doubt about it.

I'm NOT an iphone hater...they are the right device for some people.
I'm just not one of them :)

Good post. As far as LTE on the 5, I personally don't think it will happen. LTE won't be widespread enough to make it something attractive to Apple yet, I don't think, but I could be wrong. Also, Apple usually lets others get the bugs worked out before they bring something on. Let's everyone else be the guinea pigs, essentially.

It will be interesting to see if the processor is true. There are rumors of a dual core 1.2 gHz. Also rumors of the 4" are looking more and more true. But we'll see.

Either way, you can't go wrong and having both gives us great variety.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Apple CFO(?) said a few months ago the IP5 would not have LTE. That doesn't rule it out completely, but that's a pretty strong statement to make if they were even considering the possibility.

pyro6128

Reaction score
I can't speak as to which to choose between tbolt or the iphone 5, but to be honest, the thunderbolt isn't that impressive. I have an upgrade ready right now and wouldnt even consider for a second blowing it on the tbolt. Its cool and all, but that phone is not going to be able to hold up with the competition thats going to be coming around real soon. And it has very poor battery life. Go play with it in the store. I did and was not impressed in the least. I wanted to like it a lot, but its just meh

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
iPhone 5 is the hands down winner in this match-up UNLESS you want LTE.

jchammer123

Reaction score
I think its hard to compare a phone that's out now to a phone that won't be out for months. If you want to compare phones wait for the bionic or something that comes out around the same time as the iphone5.

TurboDub

Reaction score
i dunno i love my dinc and i love droids, but this new iphone seems pretty interesting. the face regonition? it recognizes its owener thru the lens?! thats pretty sweet i must say. and the battery life is 7 hours longer opn 4g and 14 hours longer on 3g!! this is very impressive. i must say my only problem with all droids is their battery life. its so sluggish my phone is charged at least 2 times a day. i hate it :/ the iphone 5 is rumored to appear in june this year and being i droid fan i cant even wait till its launch.