Apple releases iphone 5s and discontinues iphone 5

ajarnfalang

Reaction score
Sneaky Apple never said anything about RAM. Maybe still 1GB

The worst thing they did was, I know many people who JUST bought and iphone 5, but apple is giving anyone who bought a new iPhone after September 1 all their Apple apps for free like keynote and iMovie. Etc.

Come on! I would be fuming.

Anyway. Their new innovation is a fingerprint scanner and a 64bit chip. Also a leather case, so I guess Samsung knew about it and put that leather back on the Note 3.

Last edited:

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
One of these days I see some people getting wise to the bitter taste.:biggrin:

They do have a great marketing team.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
One of these days I see some people getting wise to the bitter taste.:biggrin:

They do have a great marketing team.

I don't know about them having a great marketing team anymore. Their presentation was lackluster at best. Last year specs didn't matter, this year 64-bit chipsets are the buzzword despite the fact that there will be little to no benefit seen from that tech in phones anywhere in the short term. The Surface commercials do a great job of showcasing how little you get comparatively for the money with an iPad, Samsung has a slew of ads doing the same in terms of both the iPhone and iPad, and I literally can't remember anything of Apple's new campaign except more photos are taken every day with with iPhones than any other mobile device.

Considering the dive Apple's stock took after the iPhone 5 release I don't see anything good in the future for the financial short-term. Apple isn't even playing catch-up anymore, they're off in some strange world of their own. Unified background colors, icon sets, and cases are your selling point? Fingerprint unlocking and hardware for the sake of hardware is supposed to be reason for customers to "upgrade" to your newest flagship?

really.jpg

OP
A

ajarnfalang

Reaction score
Apple shares dropped hard after the announcement.

The plastic iPhone with last year's hardware and lower specs will sell for $700+ in China. That's supposed to be the cheaper iPhone.

iPhone is only ok in the USA because you get contracts. The rest of the world doesn't have contracts

Here in thailand everyone is walking around with an iPhone, but it doesn't take much to swing them away. Not too long ago everyone had a Blackberry here. Within months there wasn't a blackberry to be found anywhere.

Since all they do here is chat on LINE the iPhone is still OK. And it's a status symbol more than anything.