1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

anyone planning on getting the iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by jwilly216, Aug 24, 2012.

1. jwilly216

jwilly216 New Member

I know there are some very strong opinions around these parts so please; don't shoot! But, knowing there are a lot of smart people here and technology addicts that need to experience the latest And greatest.... I am confident that a good number of Droid forums members are going to get the iPhone 5 regardless of it being Android's enemy. Whether out of being one of the "sheeple" or because of peer pressure/just wanting to fit in with all your friends or excellent specs or just out of curiosity,

Are u planning on getting an iPhone 5/wish u could get one?
  2. syndicate0017

syndicate0017 Well-Known Member

My girl is begging me to let her get one. I really think she'll be bored with it after a month or so. The good news is they always sell well so that wouldn't be the end of the world if she wanted a different phone. The issue would be extending her contract and I want to move to T Mobile. And no way am I paying iPhone retail. Its ridiculous what they go for.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  3. sweeeeet

sweeeeet Well-Known Member

No.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
  4. _Evelyn_

_Evelyn_ Banned

there're quite a lot of rumors about the next iphone, well, looking forward to its release and see how rumors end up
  5. LoudRam

LoudRam Well-Known Member

+1

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums
  6. smokeyrd

smokeyrd New Member

iPhone will bring the bar up for about 2 months...if that. Then something else will come along thats a little more than half the price of the iPhone with a better processor, ram, OS, and battery but a slightly less impressive camera...and we will all forget about the iPhone5
  7. LoudRam

LoudRam Well-Known Member

I've already forgotten about it. But the isheep will swear it's the greatest phone ever built and nothing could possibly be better or faster. Want proof of their ignorance, how many of us know a iPhone user that insists that their phone is a 4g phone. There is a thread floating around here talking about that. I work with one of those guys. He told me that his VZ iPhone is 4g. No matter what I said he still held fast to believing that he had a 4g phone.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums
  8. smokeyrd

smokeyrd New Member

Thats because its an iPhone 4...why would it have a 4 on it if its not 4G? DUH!!! (stupid android users, they think they are so cool with their priating OS)
  9. bsweetness

bsweetness Moderator

While I don't have any plans to get one, I won't completely rule it out (as a device to mess around with, not one to use as my daily driver). I'm curious to see what they come out with.
  10. Rindaen

Rindaen New Member

I do plan on getting the next iPhone to replace my current work phone.
  11. justin82

justin82 Super Moderator Premium Member

i would like to get one to play with..
  12. armeddroid

armeddroid New Member

Same here.
    Personally i would also like to check it out to see how they raise the ante, then see what Android does to destroy it.
  13. Droidram56

Droidram56 New Member

I'm not eligible for an upgrade until May, but I plan to evaluate the iPhone 5's pros and cons against the top Android phones available at the time. I am not biased toward or against either. And it is hard to have much of an opinion on the iPhone 5 since we don't know all the features yet.
  14. nikecar

nikecar New Member

I wouldn't get one unless its free. then I'd sell it for more money
  15. music life

music life Member

I used to be an droid fanboy all day.... Then I got the X2. Now the iphone doesnt look so bad. My buddy swears by it. Thing i like about it is that he plays music all day and still can get 2 days on a battery.

Havent seen a droid that can do that without buying a special battery. Plus i have seen many droids not be able to play music well. (X2 for instance) Itunes certainly is the best music service out there imo.

Either way I look at it. Iphone 5 certainly is a possibility for me. Good thing is im not due for upgrade till January. So if mayans are wrong and im still breathing Jan 11th I hope there is a Droid that has fixed many problems i have been seeing and comes out with a phone that is smooth and can play music all day and not have to be charged multiple times.

Sure there is gonna be some people to hate on my opinion but if there is a phone out there that can rival that right now can someone please point it out to me?
  16. armeddroid

armeddroid New Member

Just in case Google Motorola wins in their upcoming lawsuit to ban Apple shipping their products to US shores.
    :biggrin:
    lol
  17. skennelly

skennelly New Member

No... I can already put 5 rows of apps on my S3, why would I need an iphone 5?

Sent from my SCH-I535
  18. jwilly216

jwilly216 New Member

I've never had one so I wouldn't mind being able to see what it's like for a little while.that way whenever I get involved in an iPhone vs Android debate I can speak from actual personal experience instead of what I've just read about it.
  19. Kellymiller

Kellymiller New Member

My neice has iphone 4s she just got and it kics ass over my droidx2. So many features my phone doesnt have and better apps. Dont know what iphone 5 will be like but the larestpriority iphones always seem to be at least a half step ahead of latest droid. I'm gonna give it a shot when my contract expires oi a year.
  20. sajgel

sajgel Member

The Razr Maxx is still better than the I5