Looking to buy an iphone sized phone, with Android OS

thrgk

Reaction score
Ok guys so here's my story. Last summer i owned a droid razr, but due to the ICS update, my battery on it sucked, and vzw upgraded me to the razr maxx, however it still was not nearly as good as when it had gingerbread. so i sold the maxx and got a s3, in march I sold the s3 and upgraded for the note 2. However TBH, the Note 2 is a very large and bulky phone, I have it with the defender case, modded to hold the hyperion extended battery. Its an awesome phone with awesome battery life, however its just WAY to big for me to use.

So I am really thinking of getting an iphone 5, however I really do not LIKE apple, not being able to use pdanet without jailbreaking the iphone, and then if theres an issue with the jailbreaking, just a lot to worry about. So i really want a phone that is 4-4.3inch screen. The razr maxx, razr, had a great sized screen, the s3 was too large also.

Should i sell my N2, and get an iphone 5? or get something like the droid razr maxx, and be happy? I know that the razr and razr maxx has some issues because of recent updates, so should i get the razr M instead? Only thing I do on my phone is IM, text, web browse, and email, so nothing to much.

Whats your opinion? Is the maxx the way to go for only $250? Or get an iphone 5 for $450? Id like atleast 5hrs of web browsing capability if possible.

Thanks!

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
-RAZR M would probably be the best.

-RAZR MAXX HD would probably be second best.

OP
T

thrgk

Reaction score
is the razr M better then the droid razr? I was kinda leaning to the razr maxx because of the battery life TBH, speed is less of a matter to me.

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
Were you looking at the original RAZR or the current models?

OP
T

thrgk

Reaction score
The razr and razr maxx models, around a year old i think they are, maybe a little more. They just came out with the 4.1.2 updates. Not the Razr M or Razr HD/HD Maxx

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
I would definitely say the original RAZR MAXX then. If battery is your chief concern.

OP
T

thrgk

Reaction score
Yea and its cheaper. Hopefully can get good money for note 2 since its perfect condition and all

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I think the Razr M fits the bill perfectly. It's about as close to iPhone size as you can get on Android.