anyone planning on getting the iPhone 5?

skennelly

Reaction score
No... I can already put 5 rows of apps on my S3, why would I need an iphone 5?

Sent from my SCH-I535

OP
jwilly216

jwilly216

Reaction score
I've never had one so I wouldn't mind being able to see what it's like for a little while.that way whenever I get involved in an iPhone vs Android debate I can speak from actual personal experience instead of what I've just read about it.

Kellymiller

Reaction score
My neice has iphone 4s she just got and it kics ass over my droidx2. So many features my phone doesnt have and better apps. Dont know what iphone 5 will be like but the larestpriority iphones always seem to be at least a half step ahead of latest droid. I'm gonna give it a shot when my contract expires oi a year.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Kellymiller said:
My neice has iphone 4s she just got and it kics ass over my droidx2. So many features my phone doesnt have and better apps. Dont know what iphone 5 will be like but the larestpriority iphones always seem to be at least a half step ahead of latest droid. I'm gonna give it a shot when my contract expires oi a year.

You might want to think twice. It may be better than your Droid but compared to the Rezound, Razr/Maxx, or Nexus it's very limited in what it can do. IPhones are nice but compared to a comparable Android you really start to see how much the iphone can't do. I'm sure the iPhone 5 will be a great phone but the new Androids coming out and the rumored phones will be at least just as good if not better. Android is the trend setter. They forced Apple to really rethink the iPhone in order to stay competive. So much so that Apple is suing everyone because they are scared of real competition. Which the Android is.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

TatDroid

Reaction score
sajgel said:
The Razr Maxx is still better than the I5
I'm afraid that statement is no better than the crazed iPhan that says the iPhone 5 (or 6, or whatever it will be) is way better than a certain Android phone.

How can you make statements like that about a phone that has had absolutely no official specs released yet? Let's hold the actual comparisons until someone is able to hold the actual phone in their hands.

S

SFGate

If someone were to offer me a free phone along with a free plan, I would not turn it down, but the answer is no, I won't be getting one.

Reaction score
It's gonna be the same boring o.s. slightly larger screen (still not big enough probably). It will have 4G(about time huh?) No notification light. No transfering things with Bluetooth. No dlna(unless you have all apple devices).

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Droid Forums

Raw Dodge

Reaction score
Can't wait to see what innovative (new) improvements it will have that are old news... Wow,dual core, 4g, 4" +screen, pull down notifications... Everything android has had for a year now.. Apple is so far behind but yet has ppl lined up waiting for old technology.. Amazing what ppl will put up with for a device that works out of the box... Even if it's outdated.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nope. No device that they have released has ever been worth the $800 they go for. If I could get it and keep my unlimited I'd do so just to sell it for the profit. Every feature touted in the iOS 6 release already exists for Android. The only thing I will say it has over other phones is the screen. The device itself is sleek but I don't think it tops the newer Xperias. I also could not live without true, fully functional widgets and don't want to have to jailbreak my device just to change the icons, HS layout, and I don't want to have to wait for new exploits to come out just to be able to stay jailbroken and modded. On Android we root so that we can take leaks and Roms with the newest OS early; on iOS you're stuck on the previous version until devs come to your rescue. There are some clever things about the iPhone, but not nearly enough nor enough flexibility for me to consider it seriously.

Lastly, I utterly and unapologetically refuse to support Apple in any way, shape, or form while they continue with this patent mongering and blocking of competing devices through shady action by the ITC. To each his own, but that's something I just won't give almost a grand of my own money to help fund.

Xander Crews

Reaction score
No, I will not be getting an iPhone 5. And i'm not sure why anyone in here would. If a current Android user is looking to upgrade from an older phone, then they are probably going to get the latest and greatest Android phone.

Getting an iPhone 5 would be frustrating for me, because a lot of the things I do an my Rezound, can't be done on an iPhone. Why would anyone give up the freedom and functionality of Android for the locked down and closed iOS??
Why would anyone voluntarily be tethered to iTunes? Ugh.

And yes, I say that without the specs being announced for the iPhone yet. But even if the iPhone 5 has some new and fancy features we've never seen, chances are Android phones will have those features in a few months on a phone with a faster processor, more ram, etc.

I am actually looking forward to Sept. 21st when it is announced. I work in IT and enjoy new toys...so I'm excited to get a look at it as Apple is always good for making a slick looking phone that is built well and they also put on a good show.

What will be funny is to hear them talk about it getting 4G, a larger screen, maybe a notification pull down area and countless other things Android may have already had for years. That will be interesting. Android is so far ahead of the iPhone right now, they are going to have to add a crapload of new features just to catch up.

Some folks in my office are getting it...so I can get a good look at it then.

Droidram56

Reaction score
A couple of things I am interested in seeing when the iPhone 5 comes out:

Will the battery last sufficiently long with LTE?

Will it effectively manage LTE or will iPhone 5 users experience the same frustrating data drops as many VZW Android users have?

It should be very interesting to see.

Reaction score
I also wonder how iPhone 5 will handle LTE. Has anyone heard about any problems with the new IPad and how it handles LTE on VZW?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Droid Forums

Raw Dodge

Reaction score
Let's face it.. The I phone 5 should be able to use 4G without problems. They've had so much time to get it right...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2