anyone planning on getting the iPhone 5?

OP
jwilly216

jwilly216

Reaction score
Raw Dodge said:
Let's face it.. The I phone 5 should be able to use 4G without problems. They've had so much time to get it right...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

This is true. As much as i like Android, sometimes i get tired of all the hacking & tweaking and fixing n i just want everything to work properly and reliably all the time. That's the reason I'd really like to try an iphonE. It's so boring that it should just work all the time. Even if it does sacrifice customization... I reserve the right to be completely wrong.

Reaction score
jwilly216 said:
This is true. As much as i like Android, sometimes i get tired of all the hacking & tweaking and fixing n i just want everything to work properly and reliably all the time. That's the reason I'd really like to try an iphonE. It's so boring that it should just work all the time. Even if it does sacrifice customization... I reserve the right to be completely wrong.

You're not completely wrong. You did get the boring part right. Lol.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Droid Forums

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Let's face it.. The I phone 5 should be able to use 4G without problems. They've had so much time to get it right...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

android makers have tried to get it right across multiple phones... its still not 100%

my bionic has the best 4g so far since I had it and it took multiple updates and its 10 months old now

the newer 4g phones which were other Motorola's samsungs or htc which each have had multiple 4g phones have issues at launch and for a few months after

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I've had many LTE phones, thunderbolt, razr, rezound and now s3. From my experience with these phones the rezound has the best 4g reception. I wish my s3 was as good as the rezound 4g wise. Side by side here at my house the s3 is usually sitting around -115 dBm and the rezound is usually around -70 dBm.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've had many LTE phones, thunderbolt, razr, rezound and now s3. From my experience with these phones the rezound has the best 4g reception. I wish my s3 was as good as the rezound 4g wise. Side by side here at my house the s3 is usually sitting around -115 dBm and the rezound is usually around -70 dBm.

dbm for the radio or the 4g? I have two readouts

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

dolpns13

Reaction score
I love my Rebound, but after all the issues I am having with ICS, I'm not ruling out ditching Android and trying an IPhone when it comes out. I know a lot of ppl (wife, sis in law, friends ) with iPhones and the iPhone operating system is certainly more fluid than Android. I just want a phone that will work!

nikecar

Reaction score
If someone were to offer me a free phone along with a free plan, I would not turn it down, but the answer is no, I won't be getting one.
I'd take it, then sell it. no more no less.

I love my Rebound, but after all the issues I am having with ICS, I'm not ruling out ditching Android and trying an IPhone when it comes out. I know a lot of ppl (wife, sis in law, friends ) with iPhones and the iPhone operating system is certainly more fluid than Android. I just want a phone that will work!
Rebound? :p

I have a Rebound too (lol) and pre-ICS was pissed at the LTE data drops in my area. However, with the OTA ICS, that has been solved. I don't drop now. I also love the fact I can be talking on the phone and still be able to surf the net which is a nice non-promoted feature. Screen is nice and bright... I love it.

I hold a coworker's iPhone and the fact that I don't need to have my homescreen arrainged in a 4x4 grid patern of icons (not counting the dock) give me a tingle up my leg!

dolpns13

Reaction score
nikecar said:
I'd take it, then sell it. no more no less.

Rebound? :p

I have a Rebound too (lol) and pre-ICS was pissed at the LTE data drops in my area. However, with the OTA ICS, that has been solved. I don't drop now. I also love the fact I can be talking on the phone and still be able to surf the net which is a nice non-promoted feature. Screen is nice and bright... I love it.

I hold a coworker's iPhone and the fact that I don't need to have my homescreen arrainged in a 4x4 grid patern of icons (not counting the dock) give me a tingle up my leg!

Ha.. Damn autocorrect. Rezound. There are certainly pros and cons to each phone. I know I would hate not being able to customize an iPhone like I can my Android. I never get data drops on my Rezound but then again neither does my wife with her iPhone. I'm just incredibly unhappy with my phone after the ICS update.

skennelly

Reaction score
I know a lot of ppl (wife, sis in law, friends ) with iPhones and the iPhone operating system is certainly more fluid than Android. I just want a phone that will work!

The only reason the iphone seems more is because there is no multitasking. When you are scrolling through the launcher pages, all other processes stop. From what I understand, if you start updating an app and then try to do another task, the download stops/pauses until you are done with your other task. It resumes when you are finished.

Sent from my SCH-I535

Xander Crews

Reaction score

For me, a "fluid" operating is a poor reason to get an iPhone over an Android phone...especially since the high end Android phones on ICS and Jelly Bean are quite fluid.

And if you think the iPhone "just works", you are sorely mistaken and have fallen for their advertising lies.
Just one example of all kinds of issues and problems the iPhone has:
The Latest iPhone Problem Apple Has Yet to Fix: Audiogate - Technology - The Atlantic WireNot to mention antenna issues, screens that crack easily, activation issues, poor battery life, Siri doesn't work even remotely close to how the commercials say and sometimes won't work at all, screen tint issues, camera shutter issues, etc.
There are many sites that are dedicated to dealing with problems with the iPhone. Errors - iPhone Problems

I have known a handful of people who switched from Android to an iPhone, thinking they would love the iPhone. Most hated the switch and a few switched back to Android.
The iPhone just doesn't do as much as Android can...and once you have used a good Android phone, the iPhone will seem like a little kids phone.

kevsgroove

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I started with the OG Droid because the iPhone hadn't come to Verizon. Learned to love the Android system and subsequently moved to the DX, then to my current Bionic.

My wife and daughter both have IPhones. Wife lives the simplicity, while my daughter wanted a device that just worked. She had the LG Ally then Enlighten, both base model devices because she weaned a slide out keyboard. Found out she can tote just a fast with the virtual keyboard. Plus she didn't care for the more industrial look of the Android lines (at least at that time).

I'll look at the iPhone 5 because I don't root my devices. I use Go Launcher Ex to customize the home screens. However,I use Google Navigation a ton, and don't want to search for a third party app to do the same thing with the ease of Goggle's navigator. Plus, I'm looking forward to a 4.5+ in. screen, so the RAZR HD will probably be in my future.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

dolpns13

Reaction score
Xander Crews said:
For me, a "fluid" operating is a poor reason to get an iPhone over an Android phone...especially since the high end Android phones on ICS and Jelly Bean are quite fluid.

And if you think the iPhone "just works", you are sorely mistaken and have fallen for their advertising lies.
Just one example of all kinds of issues and problems the iPhone has:
The Latest iPhone Problem Apple Has Yet to Fix: Audiogate - Technology - The Atlantic WireNot to mention antenna issues, screens that crack easily, activation issues, poor battery life, Siri doesn't work even remotely close to how the commercials say and sometimes won't work at all, screen tint issues, camera shutter issues, etc.
There are many sites that are dedicated to dealing with problems with the iPhone. Errors - iPhone Problems

I have known a handful of people who switched from Android to an iPhone, thinking they would love the iPhone. Most hated the switch and a few switched back to Android.
The iPhone just doesn't do as much as Android can...and once you have used a good Android phone, the iPhone will seem like a little kids phone.

ICS isn't fluid at all. My Rezound now barely even works (see my thread) on ICS.

My quotes on the iPhone have nothing to do with their advertising "ploy" and everything to do with what I am now experiencing on the worse Android kernel I've ever had, and what I see with my own two eyes with people who have iPhones. I actually haven't seen an iPhone commercial in years so the marketing has no effect on me. I am completely rationale about it . My Rezound is now garbage because if Android ICS and I'm pretty turned off and p.o.ed about it.

I was Happy on GB and expected ICS to be an upgrade

Last edited:

Caesars

Reaction score
Without a doubt one of the downfalls with Android, has the majority of rezound owners had similar issues? I may have to swing by the forums after work.

Googorola MAXX

Xander Crews

Reaction score
ICS isn't fluid at all. My Rezound now barely even works (see my thread) on ICS.

My quotes on the iPhone have nothing to do with their advertising "ploy" and everything to do with what I am now experiencing on the worse Android kernel I've ever had, and what I see with my own two eyes with people who have iPhones. I actually haven't seen an iPhone commercial in years so the marketing has no effect on me. I am completely rationale about it . My Rezound is now garbage because if Android ICS and I'm pretty turned off and p.o.ed about it.

I was Happy on GB and expected ICS to be an upgrade

Sorry...but your comment about the iPhone and how you said that "it just works", irked me. I can't stand when folks say that because it implies the iPhone is a perfect device that never, ever fails, and all other phones are inferior, don't work right, etc.
It's a big stinky pile of Apple marketing poo that fanboys regurgitate as truth, when it is anything but...and it just annoys the crap out of me.
Yes, the iPhone has a slick UI. Yes, the iPhone is built well. But as far as what the phone can actually do and how well it does it (which is what I consider the most important aspect of any smart phone) the iPhone just doesn't stack up to Android.

Obviously you are frustrated with your phone because of the issues you are having...I don't blame you. But a factory reset usually fixes stuff like you are experiencing after upgrading. You say it worked fine when running GB...so a factory reset should do the trick.

dolpns13

Reaction score
Xander Crews said:
Sorry...but your comment about the iPhone and how you said that "it just works", irked me. I can't stand when folks say that because it implies the iPhone is a perfect device that never, ever fails, and all other phones are inferior, don't work right, etc.
It's a big stinky pile of Apple marketing poo that fanboys regurgitate as truth, when it is anything but...and it just annoys the crap out of me.
Yes, the iPhone has a slick UI. Yes, the iPhone is built well. But as far as what the phone can actually do and how well it does it (which is what I consider the most important aspect of any smart phone) the iPhone just doesn't stack up to Android.

Obviously you are frustrated with your phone because of the issues you are having...I don't blame you. But a factory reset usually fixes stuff like you are experiencing after upgrading. You say it worked fine when running GB...so a factory reset should do the trick.
Bro I never said, "it just works", I said I want a phone that just works. Im sorry for the confusion. I want my Rezound, a phone i love) to work the way it did before the update (without having to do a reset which looks like I'll have to do anyways). I understand there are far more things you can do with Android than with iPhone.

Last edited: